Klein's very own current events thread

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, hired someone today - a 15 yr old girl, but she did well. Her b/friend works inside the liqour store, so I do trust her.
I hired her of the spot, gave her a 10 min run through and left (had to go pick up my newly won Stainless Steel BBQ).

When I got back, I finally found out her name ! LOL
She will help me out either tomorrow or Thursday for a few hrs again, since I need to get more supplies and do some more paperwork downtown.
Friday & Saturday she'll be all by herself for atleast 10hrs per day (I got another job I need to go to).

I'm being very generous and giving her 30% of all gross sales. Hopefully she'll earn atleast $1000 for herself during the weekend, plus tips.
Businesswise, I just can't afford to shut down the cart on the 2 busiest days of the week, and on the other hand, I don't want to lose my other job, either. I already had to cancel a Thursday job.

Anyways, found out more info today about the Boston Pizza private party.
It's held on Sept 8th (Saturday), and I can invite up to 2 more guests to enjoy the party with free pizza and drinks.
Keys to the truck will be handed over by ballot draws, and if the truck door opens it's yours to keep, if not, the next ballot numbered person (key), trys, and so on.

Molson Canadian will be present to hand over free drink samples, so will a local radio station providing music and airing live.

The truck itself is a friend-150 XTR Supercrew.

edited forgot : It's only a 2hr event from 2pm to 4pm, and quailifiers that don't show up, lose their chance of winning the truck.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
.........."I'm being very generous and giving her 30% of all gross sales............." (Klein)

You're in luck. At 15 she won't be able to do the math!

klein

.........."I'm being very generous and giving her 30% of all gross sales............." (Klein)

You're in luck. At 15 she won't be able to do the math!

This is a different country, maybe in the US students learn math after age 15, but not here !
When I got back from my trip, she just happened to sell a Gaterade for $2.50.
And, I asked her, now if this was on 30% commision, what would you earn of that.
She replied promptly and correctly 75cents.

UPS Lifer

So Klein,
What are you going to do when the weather is too cold to stand on a street corner and sell hot dogs? My guess is that you have at least 5 months of freezing weather.

klein

You hired a 15 y/o on the spot, gave her a 10 minute OJT and then handed her the keys to the cash box??

Yup, told her b/friend if she steals from me, then I'll go inside the liqourstore and rob him !

So Klein,
What are you going to do when the weather is too cold to stand on a street corner and sell hot dogs? My guess is that you have at least 5 months of freezing weather.

I haven't figured that out , yet, but I'll take another winter job. I think I have a few options to chose from.
Like the supermarket that let me set up on his property (he sees every day how hard I work), or even the liqour store I'm located at now.
And if that all fails - the classfieds are full with jobs here.
Not worried at all.

UPS Lifer

I hope everything works out for you. I give you a ton of crap, I don't agree with most of your comments about American politics and I think you go about things in a very unorthodox way, but I also admire your determination to succeed and become your own boss.

klein

I hope everything works out for you. I give you a ton of crap, I don't agree with most of your comments about American politics and I think you go about things in a very unorthodox way, but I also admire your determination to succeed and become your own boss.

Thanks Lifer !
Only regret I have is that I got late into the daily set up of my cart. So, by no means have enough money to keep me going all winter long.
Next Spring/summer and Fall should do the job to take the winter off.

I am so beat, that I'm actually hoping for a rainy day, so I can stay home and relax a day.
Don't think I had a day off in the past month or more, and if I did, it was just to run around to get more supplies and other things.

I love being my own boss. I set my own standards (which are very high), take in all the profits, don't need to answer to anyone or obey anyone.
Get to hire whomever I want.
And the more effort I put in, the more I earn.

The neighborhood I'm in now, seem to all like me. Even got "welcome to the neighborhood gifts".
And many stick around after ordering and chit-chat with me.
I get "hello's " all day long, if just by walker-byer's.

It's fun !

klein

I am getting excited for next Saturday !

Hi Klein,

Hello and Congratulations!

You are receiving this email because you qualified by ballot at a participating Northern Alberta Boston Pizza location throughout our Hot Summer Nights promotion for the summer of 2012 (July 9th – August 26th 2012). I’ve been able to connect with you all via phone and confirmed this email address as the email address you prefer all communication to go to.

Below you will find the details for the Grand Prize party where we will be giving away the Ford friend-150 XTR Super crew, courtesy of DK Ford, Boston Pizza and Molson Coors.

Date: Saturday September 8, 2012
Time: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM (MST)
Location: Boston Pizza South Edmonton Common, 9804-22nd Avenue, Edmonton, AB

Grand Prize Draw Details
Once we have registered all the qualifiers on-site at the Boston Pizza in South Edmonton Common on Saturday September 8[SUP]th[/SUP], all of those qualifiers in attendance will be put into a draw drum and names will be pulled out in random order to come up and grab a Ford Key from the registration table. We will draw 5-10 ballot names at a time and then allow one qualifier at a time out of the 5-10 ballots drawn to try their key with the truck to see if the door will open. If your key opens the truck, you will be our winner. The odds of winning depend on the total number of qualifiers in attendance at the Grand Prize party.

R.S.V.P
Each person that has qualified must be in attendance at the Grand Prize party on Saturday September 8[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012 at 2:00 PM to be entered into the final key draw. Please respond back to this email at [email protected] by 11:59:59 PM on Friday August 31[SUP]st[/SUP], 2012 with your RSVP for the grand prize party.

If we do not receive an RSVP or response to this email by the specified date and time, or you do not register as in-attendance at the grand prize party on Saturday September 8[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012, you will be assumed as not attending and will not be entered into the final key draw.

Guests and Activities
You are welcome to bring up to 2 guests with you to the grand prize party, they must be over the age of 18. There will be a pizza buffet available to all in attendance and non-alcoholic beverages available at no cost. Any additional food or beverages ordered above what is offered at the grand prize party are the responsibility of the guest.

The Molson Promo team will also be on-site sampling beverages to guests over the age of 18 and 100.3 The Bear will also be on-site that day!

It’s going to be a fantastic day for a Grand Prize Party to give away the Hot Summer Nights Ford friend-150 XTR Super crew!

A big thank you to all of our promotional partners: DK Ford, Coors Light Iced T, Napoleon Gourmet Grills, BBQ Country, 100.3 The Bear and of course Boston Pizza!

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-780-421-9100 ext 221 or at this email.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Grand Prize Party in September! Thank you for participating in Hot Summer Nights and for being our guest at Boston Pizza!

Cheers,

Samantha

Samantha Kelch | Marketing and Events Manager
Boston Pizza Northern Alberta

Hey Klein, I just called that number and said I was you and that I'd like to donate any winnings to charity plus Klein's weiner wagon would match the dollar amount to double the donation. They were very appreciative. You're such a good person!

klein

Hey Klein, I just called that number and said I was you and that I'd like to donate any winnings to charity plus Klein's weiner wagon would match the dollar amount to double the donation. They were very appreciative. You're such a good person!

Now, I know you're full of crap !
I altered the phone nr as well as the e-mail addy.

But, it was expected from you, anyways !

klein

What a nightmare - I trained this 15yr old girl, basically so she could work on her own today and tomorrow, so I could do my other job.
Well, she should up, and said she was sick - I was left stranded !
Now, I had to call in my other job, that I couldn't make it !
I hope I still have that job now, or maybe I'll be let go, too ?
(too, because I let go of the teenager) !

As of tomorrow, I got my illegal immigrant from the US working for me.
I also just invited her and her girlfriend to the Boston Pizza private party next Saturday (I'm allowed 2 guests).

Speaking of that - got this e-mail today from BP (Boston Pizza) :

Hi Klein,

Thank you so much for your RSVP and it is so wonderful to know our guests loved this promotion! We had so much fun putting it together and we were so happy with the awesome prizing this year too!

See you on the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and have a wonderful long weekend!

Sammy

menotyou

bella amicizia
As of tomorrow, I got my illegal immigrant from the US working for me.
I also just invited her and her girlfriend to the Boston Pizza private party next Saturday (I'm allowed 2 guests).
What state are they from? Why would they go from the US to Alberta?

You had to work the wagon. You might lose your awesome job. Yea, all because you hired an underaged girl and it's her fault. None of the common sense issues begin with you. It's always someone else. You exhibit such poor choices on a regular basis you should become a politician.

klein

What state are they from? Why would they go from the US to Alberta?

Oklahoma.
I really didn't get into it much, but she is happy with the peace and freedom we have here (friendly people, far less crime, no guns, and she is gay - she has the right to marry here).

I did ask her where she liked it better - and her answer was : "Why do you think I'm still here" ? !

Besides, she loves to ski and snowboard - it's paradise for that here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck

klein

Well, left the American girl (age 27) on her own today, while doing my other weekend job.
Man, did that ever go wrong - I lost my spot at the liqour store now (no longer welcomed there) !

Brutal, that I need to do and work everything myself to make sure things go right, and respect other peoples property and customers.