Klein's very own current events thread

Well, left the American girl (age 27) on her own today, while doing my other weekend job.
Man, did that ever go wrong - I lost my spot at the liqour store now (no longer welcomed there) !

Brutal, that I need to do and work everything myself to make sure things go right, and respect other peoples property and customers.

Why does her nationality factor into her being a quality employee? You claim to be Canadian yet you :censored2: the bed at your UPS job. A crappy employee knows no nationality.

As far as your other problems accept personal responsibility and run your business instead of relying on others.

klein

Für Meno :)
You had to work the wagon. You might lose your awesome job. Yea, all because you hired an underaged girl and it's her fault. None of the common sense issues begin with you. It's always someone else. You exhibit such poor choices on a regular basis you should become a politician.

Just an odd question, as you mean underaged.

Are you saying teenagers can't work in the US until they are of gun age 18 or of drinking age 21 ?

You should say that to your HR peopele at UPS (to become politicians), - because many quit or get fired AS well !

klein

Why does her nationality factor into her being a quality employee? You claim to be Canadian yet you :censored2: the bed at your UPS job. A crappy employee knows no nationality.

As far as your other problems accept personal responsibility and run your business instead of relying on others.

And that is why a 1 man business should not expand inot a small buisness or large corperation.
Because, it requires more than just 1 worker ! right ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, left the American girl (age 27) on her own today, while doing my other weekend job.
Man, did that ever go wrong - I lost my spot at the liqour store now (no longer welcomed there) !

Brutal, that I need to do and work everything myself to make sure things go right, and respect other peoples property and customers.

Damn Americans !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an odd question, as you mean underaged.

Are you saying teenagers can't work in the US until they are of gun age 18 or of drinking age 21 ?

Yes, UNDERAGED, 15 barely a step up from a child. You do know you were hiring a worker and not shopping for a date? And you hire her without knowing her name and because you say her boyfriend worked at the liquor store. And you let this unnamed child run your livelihood unsupervised. Piss poor choice. That seems to be your track record on here. Piss poor choices and when the resulting outcome happens it's always someone else's fault. Never yours.

You should say that to your HR people at UPS (to become politicians), - because many quit or get fired AS well !

And that is why a 1 man business should not expand into a small business or large corperation.
Because, it requires more than just 1 worker ! right?

Part of 1 man businesses that find success and expand into larger companies is that they have great leadership from the start. Something that despite however many 15 year old girls or illegal aliens you hire you will never have as long as YOU are in any way connected to anything.

klein

Unlike you, I worked from age 11 and up.
At age 14 I was already working at Bosch in Germany during all school holidays, too.

At age 14 I was already working at Bosch in Germany during all school holidays, too.

Unlike me? Ok smartguy. Since you know so much about me and my history why not fill us all in? Or are you ASSuming again?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
th_chimplaughgif.gif
Did the folks at Bosch hand you the keys to the factory while they went to work someplace else?
th_chimplaughgif.gif

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Was it also the age of 11 that you started down the path of heavy drinking, which killed most of your brain cells?

klein

Well, opoligized once again this morning at the liquor store for the way my staff was behaving, and sort of begged to stay at that spot, but declined.
So, went across the street to the discount food store, and asked him if I could set up, again. - No problem - he's a damn nice guy ! :)

I got more tips than ever today, after my customers were wondering why I moved. They felt sorry for me !
Might even have a winter job, selling my dogs indoors ! :)
Also got approached if I wanted to franchise my wienerwagon out to Calgary (300km (180 miles) south of Edmonton).

After many complaints that my hot dog prices were too high, I got cheap Schneider Wieners now for $2.50.
But didn't sell 1 single one of them - they like my high quality, locally made, ones much better and rather pay $3.75.

klein

You charge $3.75 for a hot dog? Wow. You can get a 1/4 lb. Nathan's at Sam's for $1.80. They are a good hot dog, too.

Well, my German Bockwurst for example are made by a German deli (butcher) and costs me $2.00 per Wurst raw.
My mini fresh submarine buns come directly from a German Bakery and they are 45 cents each with discount.
Plus of course the costs of propane, condiments, transportation, packaging & napkins, and I'll be lucky to earn 70 cents from each sale.

I was charging $4.00 up until yesterday, but lowered my prices somewhat. (most don't ask for that quarter back, anyways) :)

However, I do earn more on my jalepeno 4 cheese smokies and All Alberta Beef Jumbos. (they also sell for $3.75 each).
And use those higher profits to somewhat subsidize the costs of the Bockwurst.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$3.75 for a hot dog is fairly reasonable for a street vendor.

When my son and I went to Fenway the hot dogs were either $5.50 or $6 and a beer was $8.

Sadly there will be no Fenway Franks sold in October this year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I make my own and they are wonderful..

Ball park makes the softest buns....like fesh Wonder bread when you were a kid.

$3.75 for a hot dog is fairly reasonable for a street vendor.

When my son and I went to Fenway the hot dogs were either $5.50 or $6 and a beer was $8.

Sadly there will be no Fenway Franks sold in October this year.

Be lucky to be selling them through the middle of September. Don't worry though, we'll make sure Youkilis doesn't go hungry. :funny: