man, i quit as driver helper

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ineedajob, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ineedajob

ineedajob New Member

man, this was my second day working as driver helper. The load was heavy and crazy. i had three loads of 10 or so boxes in my first hour! I quit soon after. Man, i dont know how you guys do this. Well i dont think ill be working for ups again, its just not meant for me
  2. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

Your user name is so ironic right now, I almost feel like this moment was scripted.
  3. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Why would you post here, you quit, take advice from upstate....
  4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

This all means they wouldn't let you wear the elf suit......right?
  5. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

6. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

We do the job by not quitting.
  7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

It easy we didn't quit when going go tough. We are not quitter's.

Do yourself a favor and don't join the military..
  8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Don't let the door hit ya'................
  9. laffter

laffter Active Member

Shouldn't you all be congratulating this guy? According to many posts I have read on this forum, by deciding to never work for this company again, he has made the right choice for his life.
  10. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

He hasn't earned the right to hate UPS after half a day. Only after I respect the fact that a person can do the job, can I respect the fact that they want to quit.
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

He chose to quit out of sheer laziness. I will not commend him for that. Quit because u want more family time or something along those lines or just because u don't like it is one thing. Quit two hours into the job because u had a few heavy loads and your lazy no sympathy here.
  12. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

it's not brain surgery... just delivering and picking up boxes... and a few right turns...

*like the mcdonalds link* lol
  13. laffter

laffter Active Member

Ok, I agree with the two posts above.

My driver drops me off at an eight story office building with a dolly loaded to capacity and a diad.

Not sure what the problem is delivering 10 boxes to a business/residence.
  14. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I gotta question, did the driver take you back to the meet point when you decided to quit????
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

At that point you hand him cab fare and thank him for all of his hard work.
  16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

sorry, I don't carry cash.
  17. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

We have a saying around our house when our kids want to quit an activity they have joined. "We are not quitters, we are complainers"
  18. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

The second day is ALWAYS the hardest. If you don't have a handful of Advil in your pocket, the day will be even longer.
  19. Brain Genocide

Brain Genocide New Member

SAD SAD SAD....... How old are you??? I'm on my second week, it gets easier, HONEST !! First week was hell for my body, now I'm fine.
    Sure after 7 to 9 hours and I'm home, you can't get me to walk the dog. But tomorrow after stretching I'm ready. My driver is 20 years younger than me,
    we goad each other.....becoming fun.
    You quit now and you'll never be allowed to work for UPS world for thought