Mechanic talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
All the work we can't fit in 40 hours gets farmed out to some crappy cutrate non-union scab shop. I would be fine to work on a Saturday to prevent those jokers from installing an engine. The last 3 they did all came back with mysterious wiring issues they never had before.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Is a Barret-Jackson rebuild a term for a Basket Case? Like some clapped out piece of junk from CA?

Yes, it's getting ALOT of work. Actually we got rid of our old training car and the "new to us" training car came from California. It was weird to see a 20+ year package car without rust!

All the work we can't fit in 40 hours gets farmed out to some crappy cutrate non-union scab shop. I would be fine to work on a Saturday to prevent those jokers from installing an engine. The last 3 they did all came back with mysterious wiring issues they never had before.

We have to be getting overtime, at least an hour a day, if work gets sent out.

iamupser

Grease Monkey

Attachments

• 1467300850762.jpg
    1467300850762.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 110

Gear

Parts on Order
I work 0 overtime, 8 hours is long enough for me. Our working hours make me not want to work any overtime. Im 5 miles from the center. It takes me 12 minutes to get to work and 10 to get home. From the time I leave my house to the time I get home is roughly 8.5 hours. I skip lunch.

dragracer66

my local also. cant send anything out without asking guys to work 6th or 7th days. brownwrench are you iam or teamster?

chargedformula

Parts on order, will schedule
I'm waiting to see how much teamcare decides to take from the iam pension comtribution increase august 1st. Who wants to bet they will take the whole dollar?

chargedformula

Parts on order, will schedule
Same here. We've been trying to find anything out in our local and it's all hush hush. Nobody seems to be able to respond back. Hmmmm