Miss delivered package.

Ouch

Article 37 and 66 give them he//. They cant even prove you misdelivered it. Your steward should take care of this. Send me his number I will have him running all over the place looking for packages lol lol lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Did that. I kept my cool, but I was Pissed! She said it was easier for her because she was busy at the time communicating late air meet points with everyone. If the sales guy calls me again tomorrow I just might lose my temper...Naww screw that... I'll keep my cool, but only because I'll be pm'n anonymous his number immediately after. HAHA!!
My reply would of been. Well my job is easier if I'm not expected to do your job also.

QKRSTKR

If it was a bad address where did you deliver it to? If you did deliver it to what was on address label, not your problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe he delivered it to the address in EDD, which was incorrect because street was misspelled or number was out of range and the system tried to guess the best match for the address. Very frequently it makes mistakes when that happens. You should always look at address label to verify but with peak and helper that won't always get done.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So today I was told I miss delivered a package back on Dec. 20th. I'm almost certain it was delivered by my helper. (not trying to say it's not my fault,because we all know we're responsible for everything our helpers do...) So needless to say, I had no information to give my "friendly" office lady on exactly where the package was put nearly 3 weeks ago. She told me the addy on the package is actually a bad addy. Here's the kicker... about an hour later I get a voice mail from a ups sales agent asking about the delivery. Apparently this guy is friends with the receiver and my office lady gave him my personal phone number and told him to call me directly. Of coarse I did not return his call,but damn near an hour after his call I get a diad msg stating if I do not find this package I will be receiving a warning letter. Your thoughts?

How do you figure you are responsible for anything your helper does?
This is absolutely not the case.
That is why, if a helper is the one who delivers a package, then I record it in the helper DIAD.
Then when the followup comes in, it has their name on it.
Do it that way next year and be sure not to sign the helper certification paper they shove in your face in late Fall.

As far as the OMS giving out your number, don't waste anymore time talking to her if her answer was that she is so busy that she needs to pass out your digits.
Instead, file a grievance for harassment with the Center Manager and withdraw it with rights if and when they come around to your way of thinking.
Stand strong today and you wont have to near as often in the future.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Did that. I kept my cool, but I was Pissed! She said it was easier for her because she was busy at the time communicating late air meet points with everyone. If the sales guy calls me again tomorrow I just might lose my temper...Naww screw that... I'll keep my cool, but only because I'll be pm'n anonymous his number immediately after. HAHA!!

Yeah, don't get mad. So many ways you could annoy this guy. I'm licking my chops just imagining it was me he was calling.

The old Cheech and Chong, "Dave's not here", prank is guaranteed to make him pull his hair out.

"I'm barely hearing you! Getting a bad signal on my end. I'll call you tonight when I get home."

"My wife said you tried calling her again. I'm calling HR, sir. My wife says you're sexually harassing her. I'm heading over to your house tonight to inform your wife of your indiscretions."

Or, an oldie but goodie, find out this clown's home address, go to the magazine section of Barnes & Noble, ruffle through as many magazines as you can, grabbing those annoying subscription cards that fall out of magazines, and fill out his name and address on all of them. Make sure it's at least 25 or 30 different magazines. And pick the most annoying mags you can find. He'll never know who or what hit him. And he'll have to waste an enormous amount of time and effort cancelling all of those subscriptions.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Update: The sales guy called me 3 times today. After reading Dracula's response, I had to answer the 3rd call and play the old "Dave's not Here" prank.. The guy was soo confused and it took everything I had to keep from busting out laughing. Call lasted a good 3 minutes. He finally ended the call thinking he had been given the wrong number this whole time. He then called my center and asked for my number again which was not given to him after the thorough ass chewing I gave them yesterday for doing that. Thanks for all the help on this issue my brown brothers/sisters. You guys are a freakin RIOT!

Tiger84id

This may not be the place for this, but ....

I found a driver follow-up notice on my door today when I got home with a note on the front saying:

" I am here to pick up a package that was left at this address on 2/6/14 by mistake. Please leave out to be picked up. Thank you."

I never received a package that was not intended for me! I checked the tracking number the driver left at the bottom of the form saying it was delivered 2/6 at 230 pm. I had gotten home from the doctors office at 130 pm and was up and about the house. No doorbells, no package.

The whole situation has me unnerved at being accused of some wrong doing. What should I do in this situation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are under no obligation to do anything at this point; however, it would be nice if you could call our toll free number, give them the tracking number, relay what you told us here and ask that you no longer be involved with the recovery of the misdelivered package.

1-800-742-5877

OPTION3

Tell the sales guy if we weren't busy doing his job then maybe we could focus on ours better. After that use his number and turn it into your center manager for a sales lead, after all, they seem to freely give yours out, right.
post that jackwagons number at the local unemployment office saying great jobs!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are under no obligation to do anything at this point; however, it would be nice if you could call our toll free number, give them the tracking number, relay what you told us here and ask that you no longer be involved with the recovery of the misdelivered package.

1-800-742-5877
...or just leave a note for the driver when he returns tomorrow.

Tiger84id

After conferring with both my roommates to be sure they didn't receive anything, I did call the local number that was left at the bottom of the notice. Talked to a lady who asked for my address and she said she would make a note that I called and said I did not receive the package in question. She took my name and phone number.

I don't mind if they call back and with any other questions. I just want this resolved and cleared from this.

I'm almost always the first one home, and so am the one who brings packages left on my doorstep inside. Always check who they're for and set them in a pile usually with the mail for whoever they're for. There's no way we could have received this package.

We all do plenty of online shopping so we get packages often, sometimes multiple times a week. I can't recall if there was a package delivered on 2/6 that was there before I got home, but for sure not after. Regardless the weight on the package was 18 lbs, and I know I haven't received anything near that weight.

Thank you for the reply.

Tiger84id

Most people in Idaho are pretty nice ;)
I also appreciate him leaving the local number. I hate calling 800 numbers and being directed to whoever in wherever.

OPTION3

Also I wouldn't admit to ANY misdelivery until they show me the package----who's to say the label didn't have the address you del to on it?