Motivation

H

htown0721

As a part-time sup, I hear all about the numbers we need to make, as a former hourly, the only number I was worried about was getting as many hours as possible, Personally, I think it would be smart if UPS instituted a little extra motivation I.E. cash. I think something along the lines of if you make scratch or less than you make $2-5.00 dollars more per hour, if you do not than you receive your regular pay rate. In some ways it may be hard to institute but I think it could be done. I mean if were going to lost money anyway (not making hours) why not at least invest it into the employees which is where it is going anyway.

anonymous4

I agree that different bonuses should be achievable right down the ranks. Nothing huge that would upset people (people will get upset anyway, it's the union), but enough to encourage a few people to push a bit. The cries of safety and methods violation will reign in from some posters.

Indecisi0n

How about when your done your work you get to go home. I'm tired of helping people every single day when I bust my work out by 5;30 with taking my full lunch.

H

htown0721

How about when your done your work you get to go home. I'm tired of helping people every single day when I bust my work out by 5;30 with taking my full lunch.

Well at least its not like management, every man for themselves, but I can see if your the one giving the help and never receiving any I would be pissed as well

Well at least its not like management, every man for themselves, but I can see if your the one giving the help and never receiving any I would be pissed as well
Anyone who is in management chose to go. They won't let you in if you don't ask. You are obviously there because you are the best of the best so you should have no problem and no complaints about management being every man for them selves.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep I was done by 4:50 today if they sent me to help someone I was gonna raise hell. I haven't been off that early in 3 years at least.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
incentives to work faster/bonuses is just asking for more trouble. UPS will play that like a fiddle, pit employee against employee, it would be a terrible place to work.

OTOH, that is not exactly worse than now... :)

Brownslave688

Inside joke at my center. "Don't help Xxxxxxxx! He never reciprocates!"

Funny we have one exactly like that.

There are a few at ours but 1 in particular I refuse if they ask me to help him. It's either he says there are 12 stops and there is really 30 or he will leave u 3 stops on 2 streets in one subdivision that take 5 minutes. Oh and somehow he always beats you back to the building.

Brownslave688

incentives to work faster/bonuses is just asking for more trouble. UPS will play that like a fiddle, pit employee against employee, it would be a terrible place to work.

OTOH, that is not exactly worse than now... :)

Not to mention many places already have it they are called bonus centers. Also they can make the numbers whatever they want so your always doing more to get that "bonus".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not to mention many places already have it they are called bonus centers. Also they can make the numbers whatever they want so your always doing more to get that "bonus".
Yeah I am aware of "bonus centers", though they are few and far between from what I understand.

Incentive to "perform" and "increase performance" is not going to happen in a unionized workforce.

H

htown0721

I did choose to go, however, management is not long term, just waiting for our public education system to turn around so I can get a job, plus I felt it was a resume builder...and best of the best...sarcasm at its finest

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How can you say slow down when you don't even know how many stops I did and in what amount of time it took me?

Again upstate puking out stupid remarks just to say "look at me."

I don't support much of what he has to say, but he is right.
You're right about us not knowing the stats, but you mentioned not taking your full lunch?
You are trying to win a race while running on a hamster wheel.

Indecisi0n

I take my full lunch every single day. Again upstate keep talking about something you know nothing about it suits you perfectly.