Negotiations Update (April 19, 2013)

Wrong again. I would say your wrong 85% of the time on your posts. Your posts show that your slow-witted and a bully. Also you show no courage unless backed up by other slow-witted people who I will not name.
You are not very good at this. Maybe you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something.
Why don't you show just a little courage and say what local you are from. Oh yea as stink said being a steward for a while kinda gives you the bully skills. If you were ever on the front line instead of being some annomious Internet biach. I guess is that you are a TDU troll who gets paid to spew hate or a pusillanimous driver who has never stuck his neck out for his fellow coworkers. What local are you from? Like I said I'm a known man. Who I am on this sight is who I am at ups. You are nobody. You are a coward. What local are you from??? Keep sitting on the sidelines son. Don't worry I'll keep fighting for your puke self. Don't worry we need cowards. Its 7:23 and TDU still sucks.

Nimnim

The Nim
Why does it matter what local anyone is from? Or are you suggesting that each local is treated differently and not as "brothers" of the teamsters?

stink219

It's just a simple question. Why not just answer? Why do those TDUers always run with their tails between their legs? You say 407's wrong? Hardly! Just because you TDUers hide after being proven wrong countlessly by documented facts does not mean your right. Maybe he isn't in a local at all which proves 407's theory of TDU trolls being on here. Talk about a chicken. FYI, TDU is not part of the Tramsters nor are they a union. Democratic? Hardly. They invoke the same rules of governing that they fought against with Pressure. Hippocrates! I'm going out on a limb and say your from local 805 or 396?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Democratic? Hardly. They invoke the same rules of governing that they fought against with Pressure.

Hippocrates!

You saying they are overweight?

hypocrites? - in memory of Upstate

Fantasia-Hippos.jpg

Nimnim

The Nim
It's just a simple question. Why not just answer? Why do those TDUers always run with their tails between their legs? You say 407's wrong? Hardly! Just because you TDUers hide after being proven wrong countlessly by documented facts does not mean your right. Maybe he isn't in a local at all which proves 407's theory of TDU trolls being on here. Talk about a chicken. FYI, TDU is not part of the Tramsters nor are they a union. Democratic? Hardly. They invoke the same rules of governing that they fought against with Pressure. Hippocrates! I'm going out on a limb and say your from local 805 or 396?

Me? I never said anyone was wrong in this thread, I just asked why it mattered what local someone was from if we're all "brothers" in the teamsters.

I don't feel like stating my local here, not like it'd be hard to find out since I list my city in my profile. . . But you stated 2 locals who are both in non RTW states, and looky here, I'm in a RTW state and I was able to choose to join the union. My first year of employment I didn't but after that I had an issue I needed resolved with the help of the union and I joined then, despite the fact I get virtually no communication from them even if I seek them out because I'm on the midnight shift and the union leadership doesn't want to be out past 9 pm usually.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I have told you my local before. You must have short memories. I am from local # none of you friend-ing business. Can you try to remember that please? Jeeze, wrong all the time and no memories. Just the two skills required to be a Hoffa supporter.

Asskicker

Last I heard (yesterday) is that they are still hoping for a handshake agreement by the end of next week. However as far as pension and wages they haven't agreed on what's on the table...so I can't get an answer on what is on the table. As far as the healthcare...apparently the company is pushing for the Unions to take the healthcare from the company. It would depend on where you work which local your healthcare would be held by. I just have one problem with this. Of course they are saying there would be no cost to us and my reply was, "Right now." Having the Union hold the healthcare gives them sole power to raise our payment anytime to whatever they want without negotiating it like we now have to do before the company can change anything. That to me is too scary to agree to because the Union does what they want as far as raising dues, collecting a strike fund forever, etc... I won't vote for this but you people have to make up your own minds. Just my opinion and where I stand. If I hear any contract specifics I will definitely post.

Asskicker

Hey Stink I think you are a bit brainwashed. Obviously we are all Union and all want to stand together and all would support the Union in efforts to battle corporate greed and help any of our fellow working men and women. But you talk way too far from the other extreme. There has been corruption in the Union going back how far? You talk like "just because" these people are employed by the Union they are wonderful, trustworthy, never take a bribe kind of people. Really??? I think you are much smarter then that. You have to watch your back with the Union also. There are great people working within the Union, there are also scumbags that are giving themselves big raises, and I won't mention any names, while we bust our asses and Hoffa and Hall give the company things back during contract negotiations. What pisses me off the most is when they quote hall, and this is in the Teamster "Rah, Rah" newsletter...saying "We will not pay $90, $9, or 9 cents for our healthcare!!!!! UPS has made a huge profit and we will not give concessions...Blah...Blah.......Blah." And what is he now doing? Giving concessions. Don't talk a big game and then crumble. Shut the friend up if you're not going to follow through with what you say. And this isn't coming from any other source but the Teamsters themselves. All the rallies, all the stickers saying "protect our health care"...all smoke and mirrors. If you're going to talk the talk then walk the walk. Just keep an open mind and don't trust them 100% either because it might come back and bite you in the Ass. I've seen it. My eyes are open on both sides of my head these days!!!

stink219

What has he conceded to? We don't have an agreement yet. UPS already reduced the health issue. See this is my problem. Everyone wants info on the contract. So the union informs us that UPS reduced the offer and now people think it's agreed to. My eboard is worth twice what they make. But the point being, do you think it's wise to bad mouth the union in the wake of a contract negotiation? That feeds in the pocket of UPS. Brainwashed? Hardly. I never had an issue with my union. They have always had my back. I supported Carey as well. So it's not a Hoffa Carey issue with me. Some people on here sound like if a strike doesn't happen then we sold out. That's bull! You know what you want in this contract, if you don't get it, vote no. If you do, vote yes. If you think I'm an extremist for backing my union, what do you call the organization trying to infiltrate it. Not a single person, including himself, can tell me what Paff's vested interest in pursuing our union?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
For those that think moving our H and W over to a union pension is bad think again. Almost all the drivers are on union run benes and I don't hear them bitch about it...except for the Central States folks but there's was horribly mismanaged. Everything is still rumor and not much is concrete until we have a vote on the contract. It wouldn't surprise me one way or another if next week we have a vote on a handshake agreement or a strike authorization. Don't let fear of the unknown unman/woman you. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. You'll never EVER need to care if we go on a temporary strike that way.

Asskicker

Ok Stink..at least we're understanding each other a bit more. I think we back our Union no matter what. We realize what Unions do for us, but I'm just saying I've seen things the other way around also. And we can't turn a blind eye on corruption or the wages of these Union officials. (which by the way you can find on the Labor Dept's web site). As far as concessions go, I was told that the Union is agreed on taking the health care from the company. My issue with that as I said is the Union having the power to raise our rates whenever they feel like it. I would sign no contract yes unless a clause is included in the contract that there will be no changes of any kind to the health care proposal on the table when the contract is ratified. Again we should have everything in writing from the Union as well as the company because you shouldn't trust them either. And the strike issue, that's just assinine. No body wants to strike. We want a good contract and if that can happen while working through negotiating it then that's the best solution for all involved. A strike helps no one. I lived through the strike of '97 and it SUCKED!!!!! It has taken a long time for things to ease up at work after that one. Management was PISSED and taking it personally. The boxing glove were on. So if you think your work situation might be bad now, think again. A strike is never good, but having the threat to do so is power to the people!!!!!!!!!!

sortaisle

I was around for the 97 strike too. I was a lowly pter though and the company was happy for us to go back to slaving away. I don't know how it was for the drivers and the newly created 22.3 guys. I imagine some areas was fine and others not. Seems like a subjective experience.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For those that think moving our H and W over to a union pension is bad think again. Almost all the drivers are on union run benes and I don't hear them bitch about it...except for the Central States folks but there's was horribly mismanaged. Everything is still rumor and not much is concrete until we have a vote on the contract. It wouldn't surprise me one way or another if next week we have a vote on a handshake agreement or a strike authorization. Don't let fear of the unknown unman/woman you. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. You'll never EVER need to care if we go on a temporary strike that way.

It's a bad thing because its no longer a defined benefit. There will not s contract language and the union could up prices or co pays at any point.

stink219

I've had union run bennies forever. I would hate to go to the company plan. And your right AK, that's the reason I would never vote Pope. I looked at her LM2's and saw assets plummet, spending skyrocket and membership decline.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've had union run bennies forever. I would hate to go to the company plan. And your right AK, that's the reason I would never vote Pope. I looked at her LM2's and saw assets plummet, spending skyrocket and membership decline.

She was pretty cute for a 50 year old truck driver

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Remember Ron Carey

There is nothing wrong with remembering him.... But, lets try to forget his incompetence. It's embarrassing.

Didn't he give away the right to strike.... in the National Freight Agreement ??

Why don't you show just a little courage and say what local you are from. Don't worry I'll keep fighting for you.

That is the true measure of a man.

Anyone serving as an elected representative of their co-workers.... will set aside petty BS.

Why do those TDUers always run with their tails between their legs?

All talk.... and no action.

I am from local # none of you friend-ing business.

Just what everyone knows.

It is a resounding theme with TDU.

Not a single person, including himself, can tell me what Paff's vested interest in pursuing our union?

Paff is just fleecing the uneducated.... for monetary purposes.... so he doesn't have to work a real job.

I would never vote Pope. I looked at her LM2's and saw assets plummet, spending skyrocket and membership decline.

TDU always posts a link to the LM-2's. :happy-very:

-Bug-

sortaisle

It's a bad thing because its no longer a defined benefit. There will not s contract language and the union could up prices or co pays at any point.
It is a defined benefit because UPS is still contributing to the fund. Instead of it being in their name, thus on their books, it'll be defined in the contract still as a benefit paid to us through the union. What it does is gives the union that many more thousands of employees to negotiate with when they look for insurance. The drivers have been on a union benefit for as long as I can remember and it's just as defined as the company plan.

stink219

I was around for the 97 strike too. I was a lowly pter though and the company was happy for us to go back to slaving away. I don't know how it was for the drivers and the newly created 22.3 guys. I imagine some areas was fine and others not. Seems like a subjective experience.
The first wave of 22.3s were not created for 2 and a half years. Some say Hoffa doesn't enforce the contract yet Carey didn't force UPS to create the jobs either.