Negotiations Update (April 19, 2013)

stink219

Effective upon ratification, full-time and casual employees shall cease to be covered by the UPS Retirement Plan and shall instead be covered by the UPS Pension Plan. The UPS Pension Plan will be amended to cover the employees based on the terms set forth in this subsection. The benefit formula for current and future full-time and casual employees will remain unchanged from the benefit for- mula in effect for the UPS Retirement Plan at the time of ratifica- tion of this Agreement.
The UPS Pension Plan is governed by the terms of the plan docu- ment and trust agreement, both of which are incorporated herein by reference. Any claims for benefits are subject to resolution solely through the UPS Pension Plan administrative claims process.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1090727/000119312508043891/dex102.htm

boxjockey

insurance by a part timer

Been at ups an a proud local 957 Teamster for 15 years now. The idea that any employees that work for or at ups to have to pay for insurance is crazy. If central state couldn't manage the retirement plan for us how can we expect to feel conformable with them keeping our health an well being protected at the lowest price. Right now we have better insurance with the company an that needs to stay the same. Part time people will pull out of the locals.

24 years.... congratulations. That is barely enough seniority, to even talk to me. :wink2:

Just because myself, stink, and 407 don't agree with your delusional TDU opinions.... doesn't make us liars.

Pope has struggled, to even be able to run a small 1000 "person" Local. The IBT General President ?? Not a chance.

In 2006, TDU couldn't even field a full slate of candidates. In 2011, they could only field 1. Whats that tell you ?

How did he do that ??

The 2 tier wage system began in 1982.... Presser was President at the time. So how is that Hoffa's fault ??

Great post.

And speaking of Paff, He was only a Teamster for what.... a year, in 1974 ?? Before that, he worked at a gas station. Ha !

-Bug-
^^^^^^ I love this guy-^^^^^^^

anonymous4

Here, live images of today's negotiations (we are screwed):

sub-zero-fatality.gif

stink219

No worries brother. That's what those cats do, they talk. All talk! Only ever talk! Notice how now they are quiet? They must be suckling on Paff's clam neck mammary gland. He tells them,"It's ok, we will destroy that union some day my precious. I promise! They will perish! Oh btw, did you remember your $40 dues fee for my free news paper?" I have the sandy pope stuff. I'll post it tomorrow. I'm going to break some TDUers windows.

No worries brother. That's what those cats do, they talk. All talk! Only ever talk! Notice how now they are quiet? They must be suckling on Paff's clam neck mammary gland. He tells them,"It's ok, we will destroy that union some day my precious. I promise! They will perish! Oh btw, did you remember your $40 dues fee for my free news paper?" I have the sandy pope stuff. I'll post it tomorrow. I'm going to break some TDUers windows.
Its 10:23 and TDU still sucks.

Evil

There's a reason why UPS management hates TDU, they're still but hurt about what Ron Carey did to them. They love Hoffa because they know he will never have the balls to strike!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What did you say scab??

Wrong again. I would say your wrong 85% of the time on your posts. Your posts show that your slow-witted and a bully. Also you show no courage unless backed up by other slow-witted people who I will not name.
You are not very good at this. Maybe you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something.