New branding!

MAKAVELI

still, the point comes up, late by Express or Ground...what difference does it make?
Management will often tell us disruptions only apply to FO and P1 freight. Meaning all business SO, 2Day and Express Saver must be on time. Mix in Ground freight and pick ups, and getting outbound back in time and you might see how this can really throw a wrench in your drivers day. The point you and other contractors should get is that FedEx would push the costs of late freight onto you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It'll be interesting to see how Ground handles the heat in the kitchen.

I see a lot more turnover with Ground in the future. They already make lousy wages, think the drivers will be willing to put up with more pressures without any additional compensation.

Meanwhile, dream on Sammy and Upstate.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
And when you are charged back the full rate guarantee for each late package, and not your commission, that loud noise you'll be hearing will be a full phalanx of Express couriers laughing their collective a$$es off!
What makes you think I can't spank my kids into doing what you do? Your whole collective thought process just baffles me. All the express people I deal with are so 180 with the people on here I sometimes have trouble seeing straight.

Code 82 Approved

It'll be interesting to see how Ground handles the heat in the kitchen.

I see a lot more turnover with Ground in the future. They already make lousy wages, think the drivers will be willing to put up with more pressures without any additional compensation.
nobody on our crew
Meanwhile, dream on Sammy and Upstate.
People like me and my contractor will demand Purple Promise. If it starts at truck level, so be it. Nobody on our crew leaves unsafe, unprepared or unwilling.

Code 82 Approved

That's because they don't have to wait on Express freight. Each area and station is different when it comes to leave and return to the building times. It mostly has to do with proximity to a hub or ramp. We also have some stations that are on the road before 8:00. You really should do your research before you post in the FedEx threads, dude.;)
I've watched the whale land many times after my dispatch. That's a great point. Ground trucks may arrive around 7:30, and PO may not arrive until 9:00 at the ramp, which makes it impossible to xfer to any hub G or E until flipping noon.

MAKAVELI

I've watched the whale land many times after my dispatch. That's a great point. Ground trucks may arrive around 7:30, and PO may not arrive until 9:00 at the ramp, which makes it impossible to xfer to any hub G or E until flipping noon.
You might want to visit an express station to get an actual idea of what you are talking about.

Code 82 Approved

I have 2, I can walk into both on a first name basis in secured airport hubs, through a backdoor or another with 4 digits on a keypad.
When O' When will you Express people realize we are saving your jobs?

Code 82 Approved

I don't work for E
The guy next to me jumped G for E, I never hear from him
I imagine it's because he jumped pay scales and is too busy getting on with life.

But I will fight all day and night bringing the best I have in my crew, because we actually believe in my contractor. And if everyone did that, you guys at E, would be plooplin bricks.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have 2, I can walk into both on a first name basis in secured airport hubs, through a backdoor or another with 4 digits on a keypad.
When O' When will you Express people realize we are saving your jobs?

B.S., unless it's some Podunk general aviation airport. Ever hear of SIDA badges or secured ramps? You're full of it. "Yes, my name is Hassan Al Mohammed, please let me into your secured airport hub".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
People like me and my contractor will demand Purple Promise.
Well good luck with that.

Purple promise is just some lip service phraseology Fred pulled out of his ass awhile ago. If Smith doesn't care about customer service then you guys don't stand a chance. Kinda' like the Boy Scouts going over to fight ISIS.

Beside, since when is Ground dedicated to providing quality service?