New Guy: Loading question

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Last time they tried to have me sign, they said it couldn't be held against me or used as punishment in any way. I told them to get me a union steward. They brought the preload PT steward. I asked him which local we operate out of, he said he couldn't remember the number. I refused to sign anything with his representation.

I haven't been approached with that gosh darn clipboard since.
Oh, they never said a word to me about it...it was posted on the big white misload board lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why two yrs? Making book is making book. I can school many of the senior guys INCLUDING THE SHOP STEWARD in my center on the contract. Seniority has nothing to do with work knowledge.
I was commenting on the guy who made book two weeks ago and was bumming because they don't send him home early anymore. Read....then respond. Then run for steward....that's just what 804 needs, another ass clown steward! But you already know that because you've worked here for years....oh wait, no lol.

J

jibbs

Oh, they never said a word to me about it...it was posted on the big white misload board lol.

My center has 'em but they don't get used. The same four names and misload counts are on my belt's board today as when I first started in August 2012. I don't even know who those people are that are listed on the thing, but apparently they were pretty bad at getting the boxes on the right trucks.

cynic

I was commenting on the guy who made book two weeks ago and was bumming because they don't send him home early anymore. Read....then respond. Then run for steward....that's just what 804 needs, another ass clown steward! But you already know that because you've worked here for years....oh wait, no lol.

Man, we don't even have a clown ass steward! The only running for steward in the South (Texas) done is people running away from being one. There are no "elections" - we don't have one on our sort - I'm reading the contract and have been talking to our BA about sitting down with him and he'll 'test' me on various scenarios.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
How is that not harrassment? I would think anything that could be disciplinary should be kept confidential between mgmt and the employee? No?

That would be a best practice but is that in the contract? If it is somebody has some explaining to do.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Well, I was contemplating on running for steward. But with the seniority sensitive people like you who think that seniority make a person better than others with less would have a fit. So it wouldn't be a good idea. I have this "a clown" as you would say, who has 15+ yrs of seniority, never shows up to a union meeting, mute when representing a worker, and is dunce as a bat on the contract. I was testing him last week (little did he know), I asked him what's the ratio of inside to outside hire for ft driving, the first thing the CASE uttered out of his mouth is "you know that its not just for union workers right, say if a supervisor wants to go driving, he can too, its a combination of inside union wotkets, supervisors and outsiders, I believe its 3 supervisors, 4 union workers and 2 outside hires. That's what the CASE told me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Man, we don't even have a clown ass steward! The only running for steward in the South (Texas) done is people running away from being one. There are no "elections" - we don't have one on our sort - I'm reading the contract and have been talking to our BA about sitting down with him and he'll 'test' me on various scenarios.
Sounds like a good idea....you'd make a good steward.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How is that not harrassment? I would think anything that could be disciplinary should be kept confidential between mgmt and the employee? No?
That's how they do it in my building. Each center has a board, and they post our last names and the number of misloads each day....and a running total for the week. In my center, they also print out a telematics report that lists all the drivers...and posts that next to the board. So we all get to see who screwed up the day before lol. Is it harassment? I honestly don't know...they post everyone's numbers, not just certain employees.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's how they do it in my building. Each center has a board, and they post our last names and the number of misloads each day....and a running total for the week. In my center, they also print out a telematics report that lists all the drivers...and posts that next to the board. So we all get to see who screwed up the day before lol. Is it harassment? I honestly don't know...they post everyone's numbers, not just certain employees.

​Certainly is. File!!

BrownChoice

I hardly ever get misloads and i work very hard, day in day out. I will be one of the drivers who come in early. I put logic thought into everything i do. If i can work through break and save 10-20 minutes i am all for it. I strive to be the best at what we do at UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I hardly ever get misloads and i work very hard, day in day out. I will be one of the drivers who come in early. I put logic thought into everything i do. If i can work through break and save 10-20 minutes i am all for it. I strive to be the best at what we do at UPS.
Don't work through your break...it's virtually the same as management shaving 10min a day out of your check! The boxes will still be there when you get back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, I was contemplating on running for steward. But with the seniority sensitive people like you who think that seniority make a person better than others with less would have a fit. So it wouldn't be a good idea. I have this "a clown" as you would say, who has 15+ yrs of seniority, never shows up to a union meeting, mute when representing a worker, and is dunce as a bat on the contract. I was testing him last week (little did he know), I asked him what's the ratio of inside to outside hire for ft driving, the first thing the CASE uttered out of his mouth is "you know that its not just for union workers right, say if a supervisor wants to go driving, he can too, its a combination of inside union wotkets, supervisors and outsiders, I believe its 3 supervisors, 4 union workers and 2 outside hires. That's what the CASE told me.
You can do whatever you want...if you want to run, then do it! We're in the same local but you don't work in my building, so I don't really give a crap. But yes, quite frankly, if I got into trouble and were called upstairs to the office, I wouldn't want some kid who hasn't even worked here long enough to see his first christmas peak in my corner...no offense.

BrownChoice

The only reason i work through break sometimes is because i like to have all trucks wrapped up at drivers start time. I do not do this all the time.. Maybe once every week or every other week. Either way i still get done earlier and management gonna shave time cards whether we like it or not.. I keep track of my hours now.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The only reason i work through break sometimes is because i like to have all trucks wrapped up at drivers start time. I do not do this all the time.. Maybe once every week or every other week. Either way i still get done earlier and management gonna shave time cards whether we like it or not.. I keep track of my hours now.....
Yup, they'll rob us blind if you don't keep track....everybody should, then maybe they'd quit doing it!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And don't forget that your hours are converted into decimal time. If you worked 20.35 hours this week, it doesnt mean 20 hours and 35 minutes. I have this loser pt sup who has been shaving newbies timecard and never going over 60 minutes so it doesnt look like decimal time. What a loser.

brownIEman

Hahah exactly bb58!! Ive been with Big brown 6 years come February.. I am a loader and utility drive, and i watch the new hires(unloaders) work as fast as possible, then come friday bit ch and complain about the measly paychecks they get.. Well, NO WONDER!!!!!

well, maybe you weren't in your previous one, but in this post you are quite clearly suggesting milking the clock...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And don't forget that your hours are converted into decimal time. If you worked 20.35 hours this week, it doesnt mean 20 hours and 35 minutes. I have this loser pt sup who has been shaving newbies timecard and never going over 60 minutes so it doesnt look like decimal time. What a loser.
Shaving is shaving.....if you worked 4.5 , and the sup shaves 10min off....it'll show up as 4.33. So, anyone who's keeping track of their hours will realize it. So, not sure what you mean about never going over 60 min.....