Newly hired seasonal package handler

9.5 everyday

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit of a paranoid person, so I wanted to get some answers ASAP about what will happen if I dont call. It wont be happening again! I appreciate all the nonjudgemental/honest replies :)
Today was your lucky day. Probably the only thread on here with nonjudgmental replies

Airelyn

Update: New sup didnt even ask why I didnt call and he doesnt have anyone available to train me today either, so looks like i'm going back to bed. I dont know how all package handlers get up this early, get dressed, and then go back to sleep. Crazy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Update: New sup didnt even ask why I didnt call and he doesnt have anyone available to train me today either, so looks like i'm going back to bed. I dont know how all package handlers get up this early, get dressed, and then go back to sleep. Crazy!

You need to be more assertive or you will never work here.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Glad to hear it. Make the call every morning. Show that you want to work. Until you make book, they can get rid of you for virtually no reason. Make it so they want to keep you.

Airelyn

Well my sup called me back twenty mins after my message and had me come in. So i guess something I did was right. Pretty exhausting work though and definitely regretting not having gloves or a water bottle.