Not getting any hours

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brown150, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Brown150

Brown150 New Member

I am a permanent driver since July 2014, I have seniority. I know it is now the slow time but the supervisor has told me not to come in the past two days. Aren't I supposed to be guaranteed 8 hours a day?

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You're kidding, right?

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Lay off the crack pipe and read your Union contract.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You'll be back in package in April or so.

5. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

Show up tomorrow morning, grab a random DIAD and go! Management will appreciate your drive and determination.

6. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Plant some crack in higher seniority drivers cars out in parking lot. Call cops ,and watch your name move up the seniority list. Problem solved. You're welcome.

7. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

On the sort their is a guy who believes the Devil talks to him. Comes up with some craziest stuff. Call the FBI and accuse the sups of funding terrorist organizations financially.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Exactly where there is a will there is a way. Don't be lazy, if you want to drive make it happen. Don't just bide your time, and put in enough years of service like all these others have done. Demand that you move ahead of everyone because YOU ARE SPECIAL.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Like clockwork.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Enforce the contract, regardless of their scare tactics. Nothing wrong with wanting to work.

11. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

That's actually........a really good idea.

12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

We had one nut bag when I was part time who claimed the guy who was lower than him seniority wise planted crack in his car to get him DQ'd when he got arrested for crack possession when they were going full time from part time. He was a hoot to work with

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. the floor needs to be swept, please go into work

14. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

Only if you have a scheduled start time. I'm going to guess that it says "on call" behind your name.

15. JustAnumber1

JustAnumber1 Member

Can someone please tell me how to start a discussion, ask a question?

16. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You just did...now wasn't that easy

17. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

I don't know how permanent guys can already be laid off the week after Christmas. In my center, half the seniority drivers wanted time off this week and are all forced on. Many wanted this Friday off for the long weekend but only the top 2 guys are geting it. Going to be slammed they said.

To the OP, no senior guys are looking for days off after Christmas?? That's very hard to believe.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Top of the page "start a new thread"

19. JustAnumber1

JustAnumber1 Member

So I was made to take a for cause or reasonable suspicion drug test. I doubt I'll pass it. I'm not here to discuss the morality of marijuana, I don't go to work high, I never have, I do believe I should have the right to do what I want off the clock. The point is, I was made to take test because of a helper telling a supervisor I made a comment about drugs. I. The contract it says I must be witnessed by 2 supervisors. This was not the case and this is not how I came to be required to take the test. My ba sided with the company and said they could do this regardless of what the contract says. Well what good is the contract if the company doesn't have to abide by it? Does anyone have any insight to this? My ba says he won't even fight the issue, isn't he supposed to?

20. JustAnumber1

JustAnumber1 Member

I do not see start a new thread at the top of the page

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List