Obamacare

moreluck

golden ticket member
dyqhix.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Harvard professors are up in arms after learning they will have to pay more towards their healthcare costs under Obamacare which many of them have championed, The New York Times reports.

The Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the center of the venerable institution, has voted overwhelmingly to fight changes that would force them, along with thousands of other Harvard employees, to pay more for their health benefits.

“Harvard is a microcosm of what’s happening in healthcare in the country,” said David Cutler, a health economist at the university who was an adviser during President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign.

That is, Harvard employees will be getting less for more thanks to ObamaCare, just like the rest of us.

http://moonbattery.com/

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Harvard professors are up in arms after learning they will have to pay more towards their healthcare costs under Obamacare which many of them have championed, The New York Times reports.

The Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the center of the venerable institution, has voted overwhelmingly to fight changes that would force them, along with thousands of other Harvard employees, to pay more for their health benefits.

“Harvard is a microcosm of what’s happening in healthcare in the country,” said David Cutler, a health economist at the university who was an adviser during President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign.

That is, Harvard employees will be getting less for more thanks to ObamaCare, just like the rest of us.

http://moonbattery.com/
So appropriate that the liberal intellectuals get a taste of their own medicine.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/18/obamacare-penalty-may-come-as-shock-at-tax-time/
The Affordable Care Act requires those who didn’t have insurance last year and didn’t qualify for one of the exemptions to pay a tax penalty, which was widely cited as $95 the first year. But the $95 is actually a minimum, and middle- and upper-income families will actually end up paying 1 percent of their household income as their penalty.

TurboTax, an online tax service, estimated that the average penalty for lacking health insurance in 2014 will be $301.

The penalty is designed to prod Americans to buy insurance and the penalty for not having it is scheduled to rise considerably: to a $325 minimum or 2 percent of income in 2015, and to a $695 minimum or 2.5 percent of income in 2016.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You drive a car, you have to have insurance.
You use the emergency room, you should have insurance. Otherwise we all have to pay for your medical costs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wonderful.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The government’s health insurance website is quietly sending consumers’ personal data to private companies that specialize in advertising and analyzing Internet data for performance and marketing, The Associated Press has learned.

The scope of what is disclosed or how it might be used was not immediately clear, but it can include age, income, ZIP code, whether a person smokes, and if a person is pregnant. It can include a computer’s Internet address, which can identify a person’s name or address when combined with other information collected by sophisticated online marketing or advertising firms.

The Obama administration says HealthCare.gov’s connections to data firms were intended to help improve the consumer experience. Officials said outside firms are barred from using the data to further their own business interests.
There is no evidence that personal information has been misused. But connections to dozens of third-party tech firms were documented by technology experts who analyzed HealthCare.gov and then confirmed by AP. A handful of the companies were also collecting highly specific information. That combination is raising concerns.

A leading lawmaker on Tuesday asked the administration to explain how it oversees the data firms to make sure no personally identifiable information is improperly used or shared.

“This new information is extremely concerning, not only because it violates the privacy of millions of Americans, but because it may potentially compromise their security,” Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, wrote to the administration.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You drive a car, you have to have insurance.
You use the emergency room, you should have insurance. Otherwise we all have to pay for your medical costs.
You choose to drive a car, you accept whatever requirements that come with that. Having to buy health insurance just because you were born, is not fair in my book.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Then they, like others should be upset with their employers who don't have to forward on that added expense but have chosen to do so.
Why shouldn't they choose to pass on the cost? Mandatory health insurance is a loss of a freedom. We lose too many more freedoms and we will soon be living in Stalin's Russia. Always afraid that big brother is watching and will catch us doing something Stalin disapproves of.

HardknocksUPSer

Hey guys, as some of you currently know I was hired right before peak of 2014. In my area it takes a full year from date of seniority to receive your insurance, I currently do not have insurance and have been told I'll have to sign up for Obama care or face a penalty, the penalty is like 300 and something dollars or 2% of your income, I really don't want the Obama care personally. Is there any way I'd be able to get by without paying the fine and without actually having the insurance through UPS yet? does anyone know the rules regarding this situation, or has anyone else went through this?

HardknocksUPSer

Are you able to be covered under your parents' or guardian's plan?
Haven't checked into it fully, my mom has been re-married and is currently on his insurance plan, I'm unsure if I could join her husbands insurance plan without being a biological child of his.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can roll the dice, pay the fine and hope you remain healthy until you are covered by Teamcare. You would still be covered if you get hurt while working (comp).