OK, really starting to freak and worry, NOBODY to talk to

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Broken back in 85, knocked off a building while working. Had two ruptured disc, chiros wont touch him. Being down a few months with a heart thing went for mri, xrays, has degenerative discs, 6 of them. Cant walk real well, and in constant pain. Going to a pain clinic, but I dont like the shots, but he has no choice. First two were ok, 3rd one did him in for a week. suppose to go for 3 more then nerve zap thing. Outta my league, God blessed me, I hurt every day, but not like he does. I can only gain info, and advise from there

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks for the accolade, but its distressing. I can usually fix anything. This one Im at a loss. Im not big on docs although finding the right one at the exact right time saved my husbands live by mere hours. And it took two hospitals to do it. Ive never left AMA before, but we did, and he lived.
But this is even more sensitive, if he gets no help he lives in pain, if he does the wrong thing it could get worse. I had experience with heart attacks, I knew what was wrong, and I knew what to do. This time I dont. I dont have a clue. I have to listen second hand to what they want him to do and I dont like it.
Thread is being hijacked, sorry.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Geez Tooner, If I had to deal with this I'd be wreck. I'd ask if you are ok but it seems to be redundant as I'm sure you're not. I wish I could give you some answers but I can't. I pray all will end well for you guys. I sure hope at least that will help some.:angel:

tieguy

Banned
the fender and changed the tire. the state trooper and everone left the scene.
next morning, at the meeting, they said he was still fired because they called the people and they said they decided to tow the truck with the rope "just to be safe". but OFFICIALLY there was no tow.
this is the argument, since a tow makes it a tier 3 serious accident here.
and here we are. hearing #2, tomorrow morning.
some people can be so cold

the intersection accident makes it a tier3 regardless of the tow.

upsrwife

i've been hushed to secrecy till the end of the week. we will have the official word then. as far as I know things went well. sorry for the limited post. I will post Sunday with all the details:whew:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Secondly, a tier 3 is an accident at an intersection. It has nothing to do with a tow or not. Two seperate things. Tier 3 never appears in the contract.
the intersection accident makes it a tier3 regardless of the tow.
I couldnt have said it better myself!:wink2:

d

ExupserNaples

Tooner, I was lucky and did not have to have any surguries...yet. My neurologist didnt want to cut on me at that point. He did advise though if I were to stay with UPS the back surgery would come soon. Through therapy, and monthly visits to the chiropractor it is not too bad. A few days ago I spent about 30 minutes bending over the fender of a car, and that night could not walk. So I am still real careful what I do, and as long as I am not bending or lifting it is manageable...So far.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Boy Ive seen that happen. He will do something, like work on his bike or truck and end up in the fetal position on the couch for a month. Ive even had to tow him to the restroom. This first series of injections helped a little. We get up at 6am, hes usually mobile by 11am. This is why I never question when someone says they have a bad back. Although you hear stories all the time about people faking it. Most of the time you wouldnt know. He learned after the accident to use good posture. After his HA he started cardiac rehab, which helped him some, but then it ended after 3 months and it got crappy out, weatherwise. He was afraid to go out, and sure wouldnt be good for him to fall, either to his back or his tender chest:knockedout: so he was pretty homebound. Waiting for the weather to break here is like watching paint dry, so I sent him to FLA to get some sun, some warmth, and some confidence, that he can go out on his own again. He got back Monday and its cold again!! ERGHH!!
So since he now has docs and stuff, they headed in in hopefully the right direction. He had to trust them before he would see anyone for his back, hes so afraid he will end up paralyzed. But they have so much more tech than even 20 yrs ago.
Thanks for the help. Glad you are doing well!!

M

mr clean

My husband leaves for Alabama in the morning. I can't tell you the amount of panic and worry I feel, you all would think I was so stupid and childish. It's so bad that last week my job sent me to the ER because my pulse was up to 125 resting and my BP was 150/105. all from stress over this situation. This is not just any job for my husband. It's something he loves. He has no furthur education to do anything else.
He graduated HS, joined the military, had an honorable discharge and immediately joined UPS part time carwash and has worked his way up to full time driver AT the $28/hr rate (just last week) over the past 8 years. He loves UPS, loves wearing the brown, loves driving the truck, loves working the long hours. He doesn't drink, smoke, goes to church and is a wonderful father. He doesn't even curse. You all say there is probably more to the story about his UPS firing, but there really is not. He has only been written up twice, once for getting stuck in the dirt, once for scratching the truck with a tree branch. The story I gave is exactly as it is. I have talked to his friends at work and the Union Local president and it is as it is. They even said it really looks like the center manager just doesn't like him and is out to get him. I'm at my wits end. we recently took out some loans and made plans. Don't these people know they are screwing with good peoples lives and livelyhood. I have NEVER been so scared in my life! NEVER. All the bad dudes I deal with at work, all the crappy things I put up with, nothing compares to the stress of this situation. At the hands of a creep who hates my husband. I keep hearing the union tell us "they feel confident", and all his driver friends "suprised" it went this far. but it doesn't change my worry. I barely sleep. I'm nasty to everyone over this. It has completely taken over our lives. My husband is devestated. All he wants to do is drive for UPS. Tuesday is the hearing, i'm terrified. his job, this company is everything to us. He was and still wants to be a proud UPS driver. Thank you all for all your support. I don't know what I would have done without you. Please pray for us.
i cant believe that he got written up for that getting stuck and scratching a truck with a tree branch i burried the rear wheels in soft sand and had the rear bumper resting on the ground i never got written up and put a tree branch through the passenger windsheild i even called the center they to me to keep delivering, i was even driving a truck on time and the engine started to over heat i called the center and told them they asked how many stops i had left i told them 20 they said keep driving about ten stops later the engine blew a rod out the side of the block

upsrwife

Maybe you don't have a center mg that writes you up for anything. Yes, he got written up for getting the truck stuck in the sand. this center manager has been after him over and over. thats the problem. once again, i'm not a liar.

ExupserNaples

So all those of you that talked s... about me, Not only was I not able to continue a career I had 18 years invested in, I also will have a lifelong back problem.

So if you still sorry for Wife, I will cease to visit this site.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do not want you to leave. I think it sucks what happened to you. Ive seen it happen to good men. One guy I Knew had a rental at xmas and he was like 6'5" and crunched his back going through the bulkhead door. Never to return. Im sure he was blamed for it, although a man that size should not have been in a rental especially with his seniority. But you have proven there is life after UPS and those of us who someday may meet the same fate need you around. Its one thread, there will be more.
do what you need to, but your advice to me has been helpful. And sometimes those who most irk you, turn around to be your best friends (on the net) :peaceful:
On to house inspection. How do you get rid of snake infestation?

tieguy

Banned
Maybe you don't have a center mg that writes you up for anything. Yes, he got written up for getting the truck stuck in the sand. this center manager has been after him over and over. thats the problem. once again, i'm not a liar.

There may be two sides to the relationship. your hubby has to give the guy reasons to write him up. Getting the car stuck in sand may be a good reason. Having an intersection accident may be a good reason. Does hubby have any other incidents of this type where you feel the center manager was picking on him?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got written up for ripping the gas nozzle off the pump. For not having proper shoes, 3 months after I got new ones. Not using my hand rail and having my bulkhead door open a minute too long, leaving the building. If you are a target you keep moving. Four guys prior to me did not get written up for the pump incident. I had LP in my personal truck, for no reason other than I had a box I was shipping. I sucked it up, its over. I would have 15 yrs safe driving but someone decided to make a stand with me. Cool its over, I didnt get my prize. Now I only have 14 yrs. But I'm still there and hes gone. Life isnt fair, what dont kill ya makes ya stronger. At least he is in good health and he can go on, others are not so lucky.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There may be two sides to the relationship. your hubby has to give the guy reasons to write him up. Getting the car stuck in sand may be a good reason. Having an intersection accident may be a good reason. Does hubby have any other incidents of this type where you feel the center manager was picking on him?
Come on Tie, do you ever stop? LOL