One hour lunches?

By The Book

I already told you, no state laws are being broken....
I wasn't replying to you..
Lots of places it's a 30 minute lunch, not 60........
true
Let me give you an example , your on 9.5 list , you stop at the McDonald's at 1:30 for lunch, no line , eat your mc double and mc chicken , in 15 minutes. You put in your 2 paid 10 minute breaks and 1 minute for lunch and you still have 6 minutes left over to stare at the 20 year old McDonalds chick working the counter.....instead of having to be back by 7:05 you now have to be back by 6:35 to be under 9.5....
I thought the reason guys got on the 9.5 list was to work less hours.? If you are running to get off by 9.5 and giving up time to do it you are either stupid or easily intimidated.
No, no it is not. Not for package car drivers.
this may only apply to certain areas so you shouldn't give a lot of drivers bad information.
You are misinformed. I am unaware of your state or there laws. But I know as a fact of locals that have an agreement in place that only require taking a 1 minute lunch, and no laws in said state against such....
like you said, you are unaware of my state laws....which is what my posts were referencing.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I'm not bull:censored2:tin u, our managers were PISSED when guys wouldn't follow procedure of having 30 min of lunch completed before first 8 hrs...i don't think they were saying it just to say it, told us UPS and the driver would be fined if we didn't comply...say and think what u want but it's true

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Also, say u took ur lunch early like 12-1230... If u knew u were gonna be out past 830 u had to stop and take another 30 min lunch....basically couldn't work 8 straight hours without 30 min break...doesn't matter anymore, I'm tellin u UPS fought it and won

UrFellowUpser

I dont see why its so darn hard i take my hour lunch everyday at 12 o clock! I still get all my businesses off and still scratch the route every other day. You guys just suck and probably slow hence the reason you can fit your hour lunch in.

RolloTony Brown Town

Here in Nor Cal per the contract we have to take a hour lunch which many don't like to do. Many have been taking a half hour because our management tells us we need to take a hour but doesn't care when you take it, most take at the end of the day. Per the contract we need to take it between the 4th and 6th hour. I personally like a half hour to get off earlier.
How can they discipline the drivers for taking less than a hour when it's ok for the others that are taking a full hour lunch but not between the 4th and 6th hour per the contract. Our management would have to run more routes if we all took our lunches between the 4th and 6th because all the business wouldn't get delivered. I will continue to take a half hour until they fix or we can take it up at panel!

They can try to discipline you but if you are correct in that nobody else is abiding by the contractual lunch then it’ll go nowhere. Is it really worth all that hassle? It’s in the contract. Sit down for your full hour at the contractual time, break for businesses and air savers, and make the contract work in your favor. File 9.5 and make it rain. At some point they’ll have to rework your route.

You could ignore management and if they chose they could start enforcing the contractual lunch on everyone and now your personal gripe became everyone’s problem.

Optimus Prime

I dont see why its so darn hard i take my hour lunch everyday at 12 o clock! I still get all my businesses off and still scratch the route every other day. You guys just suck and probably slow hence the reason you can fit your hour lunch in.
No I just hate sitting there for an hour unpaid when I could be home

RolloTony Brown Town

No I just hate sitting there for an hour unpaid when I could be home

That’s a selfish attitude don’t you think? It’s out of your hands. It’s contractual. We all would like to get out earlier (management too for that matter) and if you are doing this then you’re just going to raise awareness to the lunch exceptions and put targets on peoples backs. But hey you got out 30 minutes earlier