Orion Forcing

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Excellent post.
UPS is not the driver's company.
The shareholders own UPS.
The Board represents those shareholders.
The UPS Management Committee is selected and approved by the Board.
The UPS Management Committee instructs management on how to run UPS.
Everyone below that does what they instruct us to do.
Anyone Union or Non-union that refuses to do so will be terminated.

Life is much easier when you just do what management above you tells you to do.
The level of stupidity that I would have to stoop to in order to comply with ORION is such that it would be like intentionally crapping my pants. There is a mental block that I simply cannot overcome, even if I were to wear a diaper. Sorry, can't do it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The level of stupidity that I would have to stoop to in order to comply with ORION is such that it would be like intentionally crapping my pants. There is a mental block that I simply cannot overcome, even if I were to wear a diaper. Sorry, can't do it.
It was hard for me in management ... got to be even worse as a driver.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS is not the driver's company.

The UPS Management Committee instructs management on how to run UPS.

It's funny you say that.

In years past, how many UPS management people would "beat the company drum".

Now, they are begging drivers to help fix problems.... Orion created.

Their only motivation, is to save their own job.

Most drivers are saying "you created the problem, you fix it."

Article 37 also requires us to perform our duties in a manner that best represents the interests of our employer.

Intentional, forced stupidity for the sake of generating a meaningless metric is incompatible with that obligation. It is also incompatible with my own personal work ethic.

The best part about Article 37.... it doesn't include a penalty phase. :biggrin:

-Bug-

lovemyupser

This is how I feel about orion as a upsers wife. It can kiss my ass.

Before orion my husband could make it home a couple times a week to have dinner and spend time with the kids.

After orion he's getting home around 8pm now.

They are loading the routes up so much now it's crazy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is how I feel about orion as a upsers wife. It can kiss my ass.

Before orion my husband could make it home a couple times a week to have dinner and spend time with the kids.

After orion he's getting home around 8pm now.

They are loading the routes up so much now it's crazy.
More $$$ for you to spend at the mall

MC0493

News at the pcm the last 2 days is 85% trace is going to become 90% required trace and first stop is going to become first 25 stops. Really going hard here.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I didn't force anything on thee, that is some management that is doing it to you... dont worry, FX is similar i followed trace and it did suck, backtracking me to the same gated community 2x 2 hours apart.blah now i have to show dispatch how i run my route so they can set my stops up to straight line from hub to home (i take the truck home with me)

However i will force u to watch the following

I don't follow the Olympics but dayuuum!

DougHeffernan

I didn't force anything on thee, that is some management that is doing it to you... dont worry, FX is similar i followed trace and it did suck, backtracking me to the same gated community 2x 2 hours apart.blah now i have to show dispatch how i run my route so they can set my stops up to straight line from hub to home (i take the truck home with me)

However i will force u to watch the following

I don't follow the Olympics but dayuuum!
Thank you very very much

lovemyupser

News Flash, money cannot buy back family time. Once those years are gone, they are gone for good. So, I guess if you don't mind watching your kids grow up on a cam corder, carry on.

Well said. That's why I left the military. I wanted to see my kids grow up and not see them grow up with pictures.

Overpaid Union Thug

ORION and telematics metrics are back with a vengeance in my building. Harassment is now the standard tactic. They are giving warning letters out like crazy. Every other morning consists of 5-10 drivers being held over after the PCM to be giving a warning letter for ORION or "talked to" about telematics.

Some of us are required to send a message informing them that we will be over our ORION miles and to get approval for that and for each time we break trace. And they want to know by how many miles. LOL! Many of us are now running our routes at 100% no matter how stupid it is. Some are running it more logically but blasting the center with messages asking for approval to break trace. Grievances are about to be through the roof. If they aren't already.

Edd Orion

News at the pcm the last 2 days is 85% trace is going to become 90% required trace and first stop is going to become first 25 stops. Really going hard here.
So follow 25 stops and have late air, then no discipline? Orion has me doing like 20 stops w my air, which is impossible