Orion Forcing

govols019

You smell that?
ORION and telematics metrics are back with a vengeance in my building. Harassment is now the standard tactic. They are giving warning letters out like crazy. Every other morning consists of 5-10 drivers being held over after the PCM to be giving a warning letter for ORION or "talked to" about telematics.

Some of us are required to send a message informing them that we will be over our ORION miles and to get approval for that and for each time we break trace. And they want to know by how many miles. LOL! Many of us are now running our routes at 100% no matter how stupid it is. Some are running it more logically but blasting the center with messages asking for approval to break trace. Grievances are about to be through the roof. If they aren't already.

Running at 100% is what everyone should have been doing from the start. Give 'em what they want.

In2Deep?

i just follow it and more often than not someone has to come and take business stops off of me because Orion is nothing more than a gps. If they want me to do 40 residential stops starting at noon that's what I'll do. It's now their problem to figure out. Management wants you to stress out and put out their fires but I've found the best way to reduce stress is to follow Orion. It takes all responsibility out of our hands.

Today I had a late air because Orion had me delivering ground with air. Not my problem, it's Orion's

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm so sick of the "if you don't like it then leave mentality"

It shouldn't be like that, yes I do make 35hr.

No I should not be threatened On a daily basis, no I should not be forced to work 50 hours every week even on the 9-5 list, no I should not have to work for a company who disregards OSHA rules, no I should not have to work for a company that puts production in front of my safety, and last off, no I shouldn't have to work for a company where if we have an issue our brothers say go else where.

In my 15 years it's just getting worse and worse. Strike!!!

Management at many hubs/centers are forced to dispatch is at 9.3hr planned day, so if they don't do so THEY than get in trouble by people over them. This is way more than a center level issue.
I know there are some who say that we need to stand up to the company but imo this starts with the teamsters at the national level.. then we can take it to them at a local level....if h and h don't play hardball with the company nothing we do locally will have any teeth... We can be productive enough to keep the business going and not be in such a damn frenzy everyday that we get hurt...or have to work crazy hours... There is a middle ground but since either ups or the union want to hear it its just going to be the status quo. I personally am tired of seeing these new guys run their asses off just to end up getting hurt, and in many cases have surgeries at such young ages ...it is totally unfair and the union haven't done :censored2:... Nothing.. I don't care if there is art 37 Lang. Or 9.5 ... These are just band aids of the real problems...wake up h and h...wake the friend up!!!

Foamer Pyle

ORION and telematics metrics are back with a vengeance in my building. Harassment is now the standard tactic. They are giving warning letters out like crazy. Every other morning consists of 5-10 drivers being held over after the PCM to be giving a warning letter for ORION or "talked to" about telematics.

Some of us are required to send a message informing them that we will be over our ORION miles and to get approval for that and for each time we break trace. And they want to know by how many miles. LOL! Many of us are now running our routes at 100% no matter how stupid it is. Some are running it more logically but blasting the center with messages asking for approval to break trace. Grievances are about to be through the roof. If they aren't already.
The current contract says that UPS cannot punish a driver on telematics alone. They can't do crap with any of the electronic monitoring, so that won't go anywhere.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The current contract says that UPS cannot punish a driver on telematics alone. They can't do crap with any of the electronic monitoring, so that won't go anywhere.
What's your definition of "punish"?
Contract says they can't discharge an employee based solely on technology.

MC0493

...also the only way you can hit the miles orion wants is by backing in driveways. What was the first rule of backing again?
Running Orion as a whole contradicts alot of things, only back when necessary. Safety first, yet let's cross streets to make deliveries. Etc etc