Orion Forcing

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I live and deliver in the town I service. I have lost around $1500 a day worth of pickup volume cause of Orion. People in my town know big browns customers are the stock holders. The town I service is small 7000 people or so. So for you to say I don't have a friendly relationship is you talking out of your ass. My friends and community hate UPS. We once were the preferred choice but not any more. It is my friendly relationships with my customers that allow me to provide very poor service to them cause they know UPS does not care.
I work as directed.
If UPS changed there business model and decided to service my customers in a positive way I will do it.
I'm the sole delivery person in town. Rual America.
Tell Orion to frick off and do it your way

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think ups wants all my pickups to cancel us. There are some days I pickup 10 packages with a total of 15 pickups.
Im very active in the community and spend lots of time with the people in my community so every on knows that it is UPS directing me to provide the piss poor service.
I heard they think you are doing this on your own because your lazy I dunno just what I heard

Overpaid Union Thug

ORION is a Freakin joke. Once corporate is over their shiny new toy they'll move on to another one. Based on SurePost, Access Points, and ORION I'd say their next big dumb idea will be to drop everything that's not SurePost off at Access Points and the rest at Access Points. And pickups? Ha! They'll want all done by feeders but they're won't be any customers left to service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ORION is a Freakin joke. Once corporate is over their shiny new toy they'll move on to another one. Based on SurePost, Access Points, and ORION I'd say their next big dumb idea will be to drop everything that's not SurePost off at Access Points and the rest at Access Points. And pickups? Ha! They'll want all done by feeders but they're won't be any customers left to service.

Commercial release is next.

Overpaid Union Thug

Orion is NOT designed to be followed stop for stop.
But our "superiors" often instruct us to send messages asking for approval each and everytime we break trace. In that case we have two choices. Either sit and wait or run 100% trace. Those of us with families (that actually like us) and/or a life after work are usually going to choice the latter.

beefybudds

If I was instructed Monday to follow rdo I would and my business would be serviced first.
I work as directed 100%
Just to save 300 feet orion has me driving by :censored2: all day.
Tell me what to do and I will do it.
I show up to work every day on time and I'm one of few who do not bitch at dispatch. I help others when asked of I can. I will drop my :censored2: to drive 30 miles to help neighbor out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point : personal attack edited out by cheryl : is that Orion is a tool meant to make your job easier while continuing to take care of your customers. It is NOT meant to be followed stop for stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

beefybudds

My point : personal attack edited out by cheryl : is that Orion is a tool meant to make your job easier while continuing to take care of your customers. It is NOT meant to be followed stop for stop.
Orion is not a tool to make my job easier. How do you figure that. Every day I have to break trace to prevent service failure. You must be in a center where it works.
Out of 12 drivers there are only 2 of us who are not in the red everyday. Most drivers average 30 plus miles over every day.