Orion Forcing

DougHeffernan

What do you think about Orion being a tool to control profits? I mean they can decrease or increase productivity at a click of a mouse button. If UPS ran untethered our profits would be extraordinary and UPS couldn't keep that production up consistently and keep share holders happy with their dividends. So I think they use it to control productivity on a steady base line? Am I crazy to think this?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I dont think so, upstate... if beefy follows orion as WAD from management, stick it to them n do it 100% to show em that it doesn't work for every route. Apparently, budds route is one of them that needs tweaking.

I reset my trip odometer daily just to track my on road miles. ( in my case that's 140~~200 miles) If i follow FedEx s version 100%, ill be out there on an average of 2 hours and 50 miles... since i don't get paid by the hour like u brownies, i break that orion trace, use my "area knowledge " to get done sooner/ faster

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dont think so, upstate... if beefy follows orion as WAD from management, stick it to them n do it 100% to show em that it doesn't work for every route. Apparently, budds route is one of them that needs tweaking.

I reset my trip odometer daily just to track my on road miles. ( in my case that's 140~~200 miles) If i follow FedEx s version 100%, ill be out there on an average of 2 hours and 50 miles... since i don't get paid by the hour like u brownies, i break that orion trace, use my "area knowledge " to get done sooner/ faster

Sounds to me like he was one of those drivers who couldn't be bothered to make sure his EDD was set up correctly before the Orion team came in to set up his route. Orion WILL NOT WORK on a route where the EDD is all screwed up. He also sounds like one of those drivers who is more concerned about sticking it to the company than taking care of his customers.

I also reset my trip odometer every day and average between 49-51 miles on road per day.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Well at our hub , management never relooped the routes before Orion was implemented due to the fact that new routes would be required and heaven forbid put routes in where its needed to stop this chaotic dispatch of five different plans every week due to volume changes. All we are told to do is run our first stop according to orion. Most of the time its a ground stop on the other side of the route furthest away as im passing a next day air stop on the way. All this technology and wasted 25 million instead of mapping each route out the old fashion way, sitting down with the driver. Wow only to not admit we screwed up and purchased something dangerous for the driver. If only the shareholders would take their blindfolds off and see that it doesnt work especially in the city cause they dont load it according to Orion and the furniture is always in the way. This goes back to the stock and it would drop if the truth be known. Lets say Unorganized Parcel System not service, they preach service but going out overloaded and skipping over businesses is not my idea of keeping our image.

beefybudds

Sounds to me like he was one of those drivers who couldn't be bothered to make sure his EDD was set up correctly before the Orion team came in to set up his route. Orion WILL NOT WORK on a route where the EDD is all screwed up. He also sounds like one of those drivers who is more concerned about sticking it to the company than taking care of his customers.

I also reset my trip odometer every day and average between 49-51 miles on road per day.
You sound like you have no clue how this company works.
My edd was very good b4 orion and actually still is very good after orion left.
I had a 1 day orion ride because my route was set up so good prior to there arrival.
I was one who didn't buck the system. I told my orion rider that I have no problem doing it there way.
So for the first few months orion was running very good. I would meet my miles and trace everyday with my commercial stops being done first.
OK now let's fast forward......then one day I pull edd and WOW.... It looked like I grabbed the wrong diad. I brought my concerns to mgt without any help. Was told to keep following orion.
Example of errors-- Deliver a business 1 ground package at 1030 then when I come back for there pickup at 1600 I deliver them there nda saver. Why??? No one can tell me why orion is doing that. Do I deliver there nda saver at 1600? Hell no. I do it at 1030 when I'm first there. My air commits are early-1100 nda-1200 nda saver-1430....
The problem I'm having is that with a high mile route you have to stay on trace because if you do spend the 2 hours servicing your commercial accounts first then when it's time to do pickups your having to break off trace to drive back to town and then after pickups you have to drive back to country which just added 40 extra miles. Which is a big no no.
Orion may work good in the metro but in the extended centers not so much.
Also upstate I have never had a warning letter..never been disciplined for anything.
You need to get the heck out of what ever rock your under and understand that your UPS is not like my UPS. Our center has over 2,000,000 miles without an accident.
All it would take is for mgt to give a crap and let me run my route using rdo and everything with my commercial accounts would be fixed. But no they say. It is more important to make the orion numbers look good rather than providing good customer service.
Sorry to everyone for this long post but this upstate looser really gets under my skin. I actually thinks he gets off on being a looser because it was himself and looser like him that had me loose interest in this forum over 3 years ago. I just so happen to check this forum yesterday after 3 years of not being here and the same crap is still going on.

beefybudds

I have to go to church now upstate so if you feel this warm fuzzy feeling in a bit it is Jesus trying to put some love into your heart because today you will gets my prayers to become a better person.
God bless you upstate

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Wow, u really have a BOG route!

U of all people should know not every route is the same... even i know that and im on team purple...

beernutz said:
All this technology and wasted 25 million instead of mapping each route out the old fashion way, sitting down with the driver.

Thats what the Orion team should have done from the beginning, not half assing it then scratching their heads after the fact

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, u really have a BOG route!

U of all people should know not every route is the same... even i know that and im on team purple...

Thats what the Orion team should have done from the beginning, not half assing it then scratching their heads after the fact

Orion uses our DOL's . If the DOL is screwed up Orion will be a nightmare.

beefybudds

Less than 2 years left.
I would think with less than 2 years left on this earth you would be a better person. God bless your grandchildren that they learn that there grandfather was a jerk and that is why God took him at such a young age to try and cleanse all the bad people from here.
Or maybe your grandchildren will be the ones who commit suicide cause of the bullies who were like grandpa.
Upstate you need help and I'm sorry I live so far away that I can't try and help you.
You will be in my prayers tonight since I see my prayers didnt help you today at church.