Orlando Hub

AutoZone

BrownPower
Why do you guys say you see people like me every peak?? I'm not a peak worker.. This isn't my 1st rodeo.. As long as I'm able to maintain both jobs the way it is now I can ride this out for 1-20 years.. However long it takes lol.. Like I said, I'm not working here for the money.. I already make over 80k barley working.. But by the time you take out all the medical, dental, vision insurance, it's as if I'm making 65k.. And then there's no pension or real retirement with car dealerships in 30 years... I'd much rather put the time in ups and gain all that on the back side.

Faceplanted

You Gotta know when to cut your losses. If you do make that much at a car dealer why would u come back to ups to potentially drive one day? The lack of family time and hard work imho would not he worth it if I could make 65-80k at a dealer health insurance or not. Don't count on the pension being there and don't count on being able to make 30 years full time to get the full pension.

FYI right now your a peak worker, just like little 18 year old Timmy who is high as a kite unloading the truck next to u and is just working through peak for weed and beer money. From my experience the Timmy types usually end up getting serious after 4/5 years and end up embracing their driving career after years of working happily part time and not worrying about getting tested.

I have a hard time believing how much u make, I have friends who sold for fields bmw, Benz of south Orlando, and others who went to auctions as designated buyers for high end dealerships... They would have good and bad months but usually not even close to 80k a year. I'm very educated in the car game and all sides of it, from sales to being your own dealer flipping cars, to co part salvage auctions to building race cars from the ground up, to aftermarket part sales for places like Titan motor sports (probably the biggest most high end supra,
Skyline and Lamborghini aftermarket seller in the USA)

The guys I know who were into sales... They now have moved on to selling mortgages and insurance for high end company's and still have trouble touching the 80k range being in the high percentile of sellers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You Gotta know when to cut your losses. If you do make that much at a car dealer why would u come back to ups to potentially drive one day? The lack of family time and hard work imho would not he worth it if I could make 65-80k at a dealer health insurance or not. Don't count on the pension being there and don't count on being able to make 30 years full time to get the full pension.

FYI right now your a peak worker, just like little 18 year old Timmy who is high as a kite unloading the truck next to u and is just working through peak for weed and beer money. From my experience the Timmy types usually end up getting serious after 4/5 years and end up embracing their driving career after years of working happily part time and not worrying about getting tested.

I have a hard time believing how much u make, I have friends who sold for fields bmw, Benz of south Orlando, and others who went to auctions as designated buyers for high end dealerships... They would have good and bad months but usually not even close to 80k a year. I'm very educated in the car game and all sides of it, from sales to being your own dealer flipping cars, to co part salvage auctions to building race cars from the ground up.

The guys I know who were into sales... They now have moved on to selling mortgages and insurance for high end company's and still have trouble touching the 80k range being in the high percentile of sellers.

There's a Mercedes dealership on my route and the parts guy laughed today when I asked them if they make 80k at big time dealerships.

He said "yeah but not in parts".

Your points in your post are dead on.

T

Turdferguson

Why do you guys say you see people like me every peak?? I'm not a peak worker.. This isn't my 1st rodeo.. As long as I'm able to maintain both jobs the way it is now I can ride this out for 1-20 years.. However long it takes lol.. Like I said, I'm not working here for the money.. I already make over 80k barley working.. But by the time you take out all the medical, dental, vision insurance, it's as if I'm making 65k.. And then there's no pension or real retirement with car dealerships in 30 years... I'd much rather put the time in ups and gain all that on the back side.

Dude just stop, for the love of God just stop

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You'll be closer to 45-50 years oldwhen you do go FT and then 4 years progression to make full rate. Plus 30/35 years for a full time pension in the southern supplement.

You'll be crippled or dead from the stress of ups.

I'd stay at your 80k dealership job. But I'm betting it's more like 35-40k otherwise you wouldn't have such a hard on to drive so fast.

Faceplanted

There's a Mercedes dealership on my route and the parts guy laughed today when I asked them if they make 80k at big time dealerships.

He said "yeah but not in parts".

Your points in your post are dead on.
My uncle was a Service manager at a Benz dealer in a very high end part of ny.... He did very well but after many many years as a tech, trips to get training in Germany, and being loyal.

Like I said mr future driver, I know the car game front to back, and understand and have close friends in all aspects. I have tons of certifications in the tech end as well. Very hard to educate me on how stuff works when it comes to that stuff

T

Turdferguson

Yes really
536694_317787644961951_126894987384552_728682_26971637_n.jpg

AutoZone

BrownPower
Experienced Parts counter guys make 40-55k.. And if they're not Shame on them. Let's see.. I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week for the dealership. That's the beauty of being a salary employee.. They abuse it.. My parts department does about 90k on average which I get 4% commission.. Plus my $3500 salary.. Really easy to figure out what I make.. See, what I do takes actual skill and a brain to maintain.. I started washing cars at dealerships.. Built my experience up they hard work, not a seniority platform where you eventually just get the job. (Sign here please, what's your last name) is not a skill. Again, a car dealership is the only with you can do where after 25 years you can make less then when you started. There is no retirement with a dealership. I'm thinking long term. I promise you couldn't do my job but I can easily do yours. Lol just have to wait my turn. Good night fellas.

AutoZone

BrownPower
And I'm actually one of the lower paid parts managers that I know.. Lol. You guys are so clueless.. Typical Honda/Toyota parts managers make 6 figures since they're that busy. My car line is pretty light.

AutoZone

BrownPower
You'll be closer to 45-50 years oldwhen you do go FT and then 4 years progression to make full rate. Plus 30/35 years for a full time pension in the southern supplement.

You'll be crippled or dead from the stress of ups.

I'd stay at your 80k dealership job. But I'm betting it's more like 35-40k otherwise you wouldn't have such a hard on to drive so fast.
This makes no sense.. I see plenty of mid 20s year old ft drivers walking out during twilight.