Orlando Hub

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why do you guys say you see people like me every peak?? I'm not a peak worker.. This isn't my 1st rodeo.. As long as I'm able to maintain both jobs the way it is now I can ride this out for 1-20 years.. However long it takes lol.. Like I said, I'm not working here for the money.. I already make over 80k barley working.. But by the time you take out all the medical, dental, vision insurance, it's as if I'm making 65k.. And then there's no pension or real retirement with car dealerships in 30 years... I'd much rather put the time in ups and gain all that on the back side.

Experienced Parts counter guys make 40-55k.. And if they're not Shame on them. Let's see.. I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week for the dealership. That's the beauty of being a salary employee.. They abuse it.. My parts department does about 90k on average which I get 4% commission.. Plus my $3500 salary.. Really easy to figure out what I make.. See, what I do takes actual skill and a brain to maintain.. I started washing cars at dealerships.. Built my experience up they hard work, not a seniority platform where you eventually just get the job. (Sign here please, what's your last name) is not a skill. Again, a car dealership is the only with you can do where after 25 years you can make less then when you started. There is no retirement with a dealership. I'm thinking long term. I promise you couldn't do my job but I can easily do yours. Lol just have to wait my turn. Good night fellas.

Correct if my math is wrong.

3500x12=42000

0.04x90000=3600

42000+3600=45600

That's one hell of a long ways from 80k.

T

Turdferguson

Experienced Parts counter guys make 40-55k.. And if they're not Shame on them. Let's see.. I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week for the dealership. That's the beauty of being a salary employee.. They abuse it.. My parts department does about 90k on average which I get 4% commission.. Plus my $3500 salary.. Really easy to figure out what I make.. See, what I do takes actual skill and a brain to maintain.. I started washing cars at dealerships.. Built my experience up they hard work, not a seniority platform where you eventually just get the job. (Sign here please, what's your last name) is not a skill. Again, a car dealership is the only with you can do where after 25 years you can make less then when you started. There is no retirement with a dealership. I'm thinking long term. I promise you couldn't do my job but I can easily do yours. Lol just have to wait my turn. Good night fellas.

If its easy why did you quit before?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And I'm actually one of the lower paid parts managers that I know.. Lol. You guys are so clueless.. Typical Honda/Toyota parts managers make 6 figures since they're that busy. My car line is pretty light.

BTW, I work part-time for an auto group that has a Honda store and a Toyota store next door to one another.

Maybe I'll wander through both and ask the parts managers what they make.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This makes no sense.. I see plenty of mid 20s year old ft drivers walking out during twilight.
You're not going to be in your mid twenties when you start driving let alone reach full progression princess. You said you're 28 right? Well it'll take you 5-7 years to go FT and another 4 to reach full rate. That's about 39 yo. Then 35 years for full pension. That's 74. You'll be dead or crippled after that much at ups at that age.

TTKU

AutoZone

BrownPower
Correct if my math is wrong.

3500x12=42000

0.04x90000=3600

42000+3600=45600

That's one hell of a long ways from 80k.
Your math is right.. Buttttt. That's per month my friend no per year.. Lol. We average 90k in gross sales. Last month was 112k.. The month before that 99k.. The month before that 103k.. This month I'm pacing 100k.. So that's above average trend. I was waiting for someone to screw up the math. Lolololololol

T

Turdferguson

You should read the above thread.. But I won't be a dick like most on this thread... My full time job changed (promoted) and hours conflicted.. Choose the job that paid the bills over the one that paid the insurance..
Been devouring every morsel of this thread

AutoZone

BrownPower
You're not going to be in your mid twenties when you start driving let alone reach full progression princess. You said you're 28 right? Well it'll take you 5-7 years to go FT and another 4 to reach full rate. That's about 39 yo. Then 35 years for full pension. That's 74. You'll be dead or crippled after that much at ups at that age.

TTKU
This is the first logical thing you've says this entire thread.. I'm 32.. I don't plan on making it to 35 years. I know I'm a tad late in the game.. 25 years is what? 140 per year on pension.. That's $3500 a month for the rest of my life.. Plus all the money I've stocked away.. And I plan on being debt free well before that time.. That's plenty to enjoy the rest of my life. Hope u all have a decent plan set up too and not blowing your $1800 paychecks on f150s... Seems to be the typical pc driver truck at my hub.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
This is the first logical thing you've says this entire thread.. I'm 32.. I don't plan on making it to 35 years. I know I'm a tad late in the game.. 25 years is what? 140 per year on pension.. That's $3500 a month for the rest of my life.. Plus all the money I've stocked away.. And I plan on being debt free well before that time.. That's plenty to enjoy the rest of my life. Hope u all have a decent plan set up too and not blowing your $1800 paychecks on f150s... Seems to be the typical pc driver truck at my hub.

Well, although I thought 90k/year was low for a parts department, you didn't specify that.

The bolded part of you quote is where you probably will have a problem. Take a little walk through the union forum and educate yourself about proposed/possible cuts in pensions. It may not be as sweet as you think.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Why do you guys say you see people like me every peak?? I'm not a peak worker.. This isn't my 1st rodeo.. As long as I'm able to maintain both jobs the way it is now I can ride this out for 1-20 years.. However long it takes lol.. Like I said, I'm not working here for the money.. I already make over 80k barley working.. But by the time you take out all the medical, dental, vision insurance, it's as if I'm making 65k.. And then there's no pension or real retirement with car dealerships in 30 years... I'd much rather put the time in ups and gain all that on the back side.

You think you don't have family time working for ups?? Lol work at a dealership. At least you get weekends off..

You should read the above thread.. But I won't be a dick like most on this thread... My full time job changed (promoted) and hours conflicted.. Choose the job that paid the bills over the one that paid the insurance..
So besides the wages, you're interested in the fringe benefits, right? Who gets those type of benefits nowadays?

Union members, that's who. Best thing for you would be to organize your shop.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Well, although I thought 90k/year was low for a parts department, you didn't specify that.

The bolded part of you quote is where you probably will have a problem. Take a little walk through the union forum and educate yourself about proposed/possible cuts in pensions. It may not be as sweet as you think.
Thank you for being the 1st decent person on this thread. No I'm not aware of proposed cuts that's may or may not be happening.. I don't plan on retiring in the next 10-20 years, so whatever is proposed now and put in place will be changed another 2-4 times by the time I'm near it. But I am interested in knowing what's going on with it.

AutoZone

BrownPower
So besides the wages, you're interested in the fringe benefits, right? Who gets those type of benefits nowadays?

Union members, that's who. Best thing for you would be to organize your shop.
The techs tried that... Dealership threatened to fire them all. They buckled.. Dealership gave a slight raise to smooth it over. Waters are calm again..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Umm your pension calculations are way off. You're in the southern supplement so I believe it's 3500/month topped out at 35 years not 25.

If you have all this money "stocked" away and you're so financially savvy, tell us again why you quit the first time? Wasn't it not enough money to pay the bills?

You're not a "tad" late to the game, you're not even IN the game. And I love how you stereotype the PC drivers that you so desperately want to be.

Something, as usual doesn't add up. Shocker. You'll full of BS.

Oh and pre-rookie, most of us are doing just fine with our retirement planning, but thanks for playing.

Unless you plan on being a PC driver into your 70s(which your body won't make it) you have some wild assumptions about what you're going to get and the time frame you'll do it in.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Umm your pension calculations are way off. You're in the southern supplement so I believe it's 3500/month topped out at 35 years not 25.

If you have all this money "stocked" away and you're so financially savvy, tell us again why you quit the first time? Wasn't it not enough money to pay the bills?

You're not a "tad" late to the game, you're not even IN the game. And I love how you stereotype the PC drivers that you so desperately want to be.

Something, as usual doesn't add up. Shocker. You'll full of BS.

Oh and pre-rookie, most of us are doing just fine with our retirement planning, but thanks for playing.

Unless you plan on being a PC driver into your 70s(which your body won't make it) you have some wild assumptions about what you're going to get and the time frame you'll do it in.
From what I've read, 35 year top out is 220 per year... So that's $7700/month for the test of your life on full pension with medical ect.. 140 I think was 25.. 180 is 30 years.. I'm 32, I don't have all this money stocked away.. But I do have a pretty nice snow ball started... And in 25 years, should be pretty nice. To go along with whatever my pension might be one I retire.. Instead of trying to figure out of I'm bull:censored2:ting, which I'm not, focus on being a decent person.. If I'm misinformed, that's completely different..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
From what I've read, 35 year top out is 220 per year... So that's $7700/month for the test of your life on full pension with medical ect.. 140 I think was 25.. 180 is 30 years.. I'm 32, I don't have all this money stocked away.. But I do have a pretty nice snow ball started... And in 25 years, should be pretty nice. To go along with whatever my pension might be one I retire.. Instead of trying to figure out of I'm bull:censored2:ting, which I'm not, focus on being a decent person.. If I'm misinformed, that's completely different..
You read wrong. You way wrong on the pension benefits.

I don't think you pull 80k as a parts manager otherwise you wouldn't have such a hard on to drive right away. I'm thinking it's more 40-50k before taxes/benefits. 35k after. You do know you get full benefits after a year PT? If you're pulling in 65-80k then why wouldn't you keep that and get your benefits from that? Instead you want to be a driver that'll take you 10-15 years before you reach full progression and pay.

And research your pension benefits a little better. Your numbers and calculations are way high.

But keep proving in this thread you still have no idea what you're talking about

Btw thanks for worrying about my decency as a person. You're just adorable.

Last edited: