Orlando Hub

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Experienced Parts counter guys make 40-55k.. And if they're not Shame on them. Let's see.. I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week for the dealership. That's the beauty of being a salary employee.. They abuse it.. My parts department does about 90k on average which I get 4% commission.. Plus my $3500 salary.. Really easy to figure out what I make.. See, what I do takes actual skill and a brain to maintain.. I started washing cars at dealerships.. Built my experience up they hard work, not a seniority platform where you eventually just get the job. (Sign here please, what's your last name) is not a skill. Again, a car dealership is the only with you can do where after 25 years you can make less then when you started. There is no retirement with a dealership. I'm thinking long term. I promise you couldn't do my job but I can easily do yours. Lol just have to wait my turn. Good night fellas.
I love how you bash the PC driver job that you so DESPERATELY want. If you think all we do is "sign here what's your last name " then as usual, you have no idea what the job is.

I'm sure many of us could stand behind a counter and order parts all day. Most ups drivers I know have college degrees and such.

Do you wake up every morning just full of BS or does it come naturally?

AutoZone

BrownPower
I love how you bash the PC driver job that you so DESPERATELY want. If you think all we do is "sign here what's your last name " then as usual, you have no idea what the job is.

I'm sure many of us could stand behind a counter and order parts all day. Most ups drivers I know have college degrees and such.

Lol.. You're right, you probably could order parts.. Anytime can order parts.. But could you order the right parts? When someone calls with no clue what they're needing, can you be the detective to actually find out what they need based on their 2nd hand garage talk verbiage? And let's say you could do that, it's not rocket science... What I'm saying is, could you do MY job.. I don't order parts.. O code accounting, account for around 90k a month in gross sales, which is about $150k-$200k in sales... Then, keep track and maintain a 1 million dollar inventory? All the while making sure the day to day operations are on point.. And if theirs any hiccups, would you have the wherewithal to overcome and fix things so seemless, that customers had no clue... That's how efficient I am.. Im not a counter guy... And, no one's bashing the pc job.. I'm just saying there's nothing complicated about it.. It's pretty brainless.. Drive here, drop off, pick up.. Sign here. Cod.. Hazmat? Let's be honest.. Lol the hardest part of your day is meeting the time deadlines your sups put on you in ridiculous times.. Anything in missing?

AutoZone

BrownPower

And most UPS drivers I know, barely made it out of high school, if at all.. Like I said, midnight shift has a homeless guy that sleeps under a table in the break room.. I've talked with him.. He's just biding his time.. Waiting to get on a truck so he can get back on his feet.. Again, no special skills are needed.. Beauty of a union is you don't need any.. Just wait your turn for training.. And whallah!!

AutoZone

BrownPower

Have a safe day out there!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lol.. You're right, you probably could order parts.. Anytime can order parts.. But could you order the right parts? When someone calls with no clue what they're needing, can you be the detective to actually find out what they need based on their 2nd hand garage talk verbiage? And let's say you could do that, it's not rocket science... What I'm saying is, could you do MY job.. I don't order parts.. O code accounting, account for around 90k a month in gross sales, which is about $150k-$200k in sales... Then, keep track and maintain a 1 million dollar inventory? All the while making sure the day to day operations are on point.. And if theirs any hiccups, would you have the wherewithal to overcome and fix things so seemless, that customers had no clue... That's how efficient I am.. Im not a counter guy... And, no one's bashing the pc job.. I'm just saying there's nothing complicated about it.. It's pretty brainless.. Drive here, drop off, pick up.. Sign here. Cod.. Hazmat? Let's be honest.. Lol the hardest part of your day is meeting the time deadlines your sups put on you in ridiculous times.. Anything in missing?
Yeah it's pretty brainless like you are in your understanding of what we do. You don't have a clue. But you're such a big baller parts accountant that you're willing to give up that prestigious,smart job to be a brainless driver. Yes calling the job brainless and such without understanding what we do at the safe level we do it is bashing.

I think the only one here who is brainless is you. Million dollar inventory? That's it? My wife manages way more than that on an international scale of inventory,sales and acquisitions but she has a college degree and a specialized masters. You're a parts guy who doesn't make why he claims to. I'm betting you're not even in charge. You're probably the lowly warehouse guy.

Otherwise you wouldn't have such a hard on to get into a job you obviously think is easy and brainless.

You're such a BS tool I was wondering what smelled last time I drove through Orlando.

Faceplanted

I could do your job any day of the week. Every major manufacture has a computer system set up with diagrams of said systems and all parts included in the systems with the part numbers. Ask me how I know. When buying parts for my many car builds I have been involved in I usually have to educate the parts guy tryna help me out. Now I just do my own research and go in there with the part number to save the frustration and confusion. Guess where I find the part number... Same diagrams you use

Stay at your job buddy. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. I will agree that a parts counter manager can touch 80 if everything is moving above average on a good month You should be building your resume though in parts and applying to higher end higher volume dealerships instead of worrying about driving a brown truck

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Basically everything. Load, unload, smalls sort, advising the hub supervisor.

You forgot shifting in the yard and dispatching feeders.

Well, shoot. If you are really that good, skip PT, skip driving and just mosey on up to Atlanta and take over the CEO job.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
From what I've read, 35 year top out is 220 per year... So that's $7700/month for the test of your life on full pension with medical ect.. 140 I think was 25.. 180 is 30 years... ...If I'm misinformed, that's completely different..
I think you're misinformed, or misunderstanding the information about the pension.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I don't know.
Why don't we let @cheryl in on your multiple account escapades.

@cheryl

Once again, this sounds very much like moderator action discussion.

If cheryl wants to ban me, that is her choice. What I don't need is someone that is supposed to be an impartial moderator, constantly badgering me for the sole amusement of his fluffer buddies.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Ending this now.. This thread wasn't meant to head this direction.. Again, I wasn't aware of the garbage on here.. Happy day fellow UPSers.. Brownjake aka Jake-off signing out..