Our Fantastic Healthcare

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't listen to Mike Malloy. He is over the edge, and nuts. Kind of like Michael Savage on the Right. So extreme as to be crazy.

He's nothing like Michael Savage. Savage is successful.

If you ran over Sav's dog, while driving an electric car in gay marriage parade, which was purchased with Solyndra funds, while screaming "DEATH TO AMERICA!! ALLAH AKBAR!!" with a heavy Arabic accent -- he wouldn't get one-third as nuts as Malloy is during the course of a typical show.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's nothing like Michael Savage. Savage is successful.

If you ran over Sav's dog, while driving an electric car in gay marriage parade, which was purchased with Solyndra funds, while screaming "DEATH TO AMERICA!! ALLAH AKBAR!!" with a heavy Arabic accent -- he wouldn't get one-third as nuts as Malloy is during the course of a typical show.

Michael Savage is a Berkeley educated former Liberal who used to openly question his own sexuality. He lives (or lived) in the upscale liberal community of Mill Valley, CA and maintains an office in that same city. Savage absolutely plays his audience (old people) like a fine instrument, right down to the WWII bumper music he is fond of playing.

He is crazy, like a fox, and knows the formula to rake-in the cash from the old haters that make up his target demographic.

rickyb

Had chest pain that wouldn't stop about a month ago. My wife insisted I go to the ER. Left after a little less than 3 hours, blood work done that determined no heart attack, a pain killer administered intravenously knocked the pain out. Just got a statement from Cigna that says it all cost $2870, of which I'm responsible for $1858. Way to go FedEx, pay us just enough to live paycheck to paycheck then give us healthcare that puts us in serious jeopardy if used. Looks like another monthly bill.
i was reading david cay johnstons 'free lunch' and he said there was study on bankruptcy in usa, and it happened usually after 2 of 3 things occured: health problems, divorce, job loss

bacha29

The thing to remember about talk radio is simply this.IT"S A SHOW!. Programs designed to attract a specific demographic for the purpose of selling them products . Advertising is expensive and program content is designed to compliment and highlight the product being offered. They do not exist for the purpose of informing the public . Even public broadcasting networks have to cater to their supporters.

vantexan

The thing to remember about talk radio is simply this.IT"S A SHOW!. Programs designed to attract a specific demographic for the purpose of selling them products . Advertising is expensive and program content is designed to compliment and highlight the product being offered. They do not exist for the purpose of informing the public . Even public broadcasting networks have to cater to their supporters.
Yes, everything you write was carried down from the mount but no one on TV or radio can do legit analysis. Right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, everything you write was carried down from the mount but no one on TV or radio can do legit analysis. Right.

How is the Right going to spin United Healthcare's refusal to continue with ObamaCare? United says they are losing money, but they just posted profits of $1.6 B.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He's right. ALL of these people are basically entertainers. Fact checking Limbaugh or O'Reilly proves that. The problem is that listeners and devotees think these folks are journalists, with some standard of professionalism and integrity. Limbaugh is a muck-raker, as are most media hosts.

vantexan

He's right. ALL of these people are basically entertainers. Fact checking Limbaugh or O'Reilly proves that. The problem is that listeners and devotees think these folks are journalists, with some standard of professionalism and integrity. Limbaugh is a muck-raker, as are most media hosts.
Bill O'Reilly routinely reminds people that his and other FOX evening shows are opinion shows, not hard news. For all the sniping you do at FOX, you never mention Chris Wallace. His show on Sunday has become THE show that the top brass of both parties appear on. Obama and Clinton have both been on in the last two weeks. He grills everyone, doesn't throw softballs. I've seen plenty of Republicans squirm on his show.

vantexan

How is the Right going to spin United Healthcare's refusal to continue with ObamaCare? United says they are losing money, but they just posted profits of $1.6 B.
Their profits may have come from other areas though. Heard this morning that other major insurers are considering the same. You may be missing the point that this is the natural progression of Obamacare. It was designed to break the healthcare insurance industry and leave the government as the single payer. Appears to be working. Seriously, if they are required to take all preexisting conditions, and charge exorbitant premiums to cover the costs of said preexisting conditions, and people keep dropping coverage because they can't afford the now much higher premiums, what else can they do but back out or declare bankruptcy?

MAKAVELI

Their profits may have come from other areas though. Heard this morning that other major insurers are considering the same. You may be missing the point that this is the natural progression of Obamacare. It was designed to break the healthcare insurance industry and leave the government as the single payer. Appears to be working. Seriously, if they are required to take all preexisting conditions, and charge exorbitant premiums to cover the costs of said preexisting conditions, and people keep dropping coverage because they can't afford the now much higher premiums, what else can they do but back out or declare bankruptcy?
FedEx seems to doing just fine as an insurance company under Obamacare.;)

vantexan

FedEx seems to doing just fine as an insurance company under Obamacare.;)
OK, I'll bite, how does that compare with an insurer taking on 10's of thousands of people with cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc? And FedEx has taken full advantage of the situation, putting insurance on us that could easily bankrupt us.

MAKAVELI

OK, I'll bite, how does that compare with an insurer taking on 10's of thousands of people with cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc? And FedEx has taken full advantage of the situation, putting insurance on us that could easily bankrupt us.
You just answered your own question.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If the progression of ObamaCare is designed to lead to single-payer, count me IN.

vantexan

If the progression of ObamaCare is designed to lead to single-payer, count me IN.
Great, we'll get to be like similar countries where the gov't tells you when you can have a procedure, if they allow it at all. Lucky us. Rationed care due to doctor shortage.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Great, we'll get to be like similar countries where the gov't tells you when you can have a procedure, if they allow it at all. Lucky us. Rationed care due to doctor shortage.

More Republican scare tactics, just like the "death panels". I'm related to a Canadian doctor who refutes all of the BS. If it's important, it gets treated immediately. If it's elective, you will wait.

vantexan

More Republican scare tactics, just like the "death panels". I'm related to a Canadian doctor who refutes all of the BS. If it's important, it gets treated immediately. If it's elective, you will wait.
Doesn't change the fact that when gov't is involved the quality goes down. Plenty of Canadians come to the U.S. to see doctors. And they have real shortages of doctors and nurses in England which has resulted in rationed care. Unfortunately some people have to see everything fall down around them before they realize what sounded good on paper isn't. And Democrats love scare tactics. Remember the Ryanesque character throwing grandma off the cliff? Joe Biden telling a Black audience the Repubs were going to put them back in chains?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Doesn't change the fact that when gov't is involved the quality goes down. Plenty of Canadians come to the U.S. to see doctors. And they have real shortages of doctors and nurses in England which has resulted in rationed care. Unfortunately some people have to see everything fall down around them before they realize what sounded good on paper isn't. And Democrats love scare tactics. Remember the Ryanesque character throwing grandma off the cliff? Joe Biden telling a Black audience the Repubs were going to put them back in chains?

Sounds like GOP propaganda to me. What isn't propaganda is FedEx Insurance Inc, which you alluded to. What an amazing scam.

bacha29

You guys want to know something. Bob Dole started out in the House not the Senate. When he was in the House he filibustered the House in an attempt to get the Medicare bill back into committee where he had the votes to kill. Yet today there is him and his old lady having their health care payed for by the government. Yet here it is 50 years later and Medicare is still grinding along and with the infrastructure already in place we might as well expand to a single payer system and probably would have done so by now not if it were not for the insurance lobby.