Our Fantastic Healthcare

bacha29

Van T: You were the one whining about the fact that X mauled your pension plan and disemboweled your health care plan. Well, who did it to you? A rich, CATO Institute loving white guy who would love nothing more than to do the same thing to the USPS. And what can you personally do about it? The answer is absolutely nothing because you have no labor contract no representation because you have no union the very thing you so freely condemn yet as a blue collar worker it's the only source of representation currently at your disposal.

vantexan

Van T: You were the one whining about the fact that X mauled your pension plan and disemboweled your health care plan. Well, who did it to you? A rich, CATO Institute loving white guy who would love nothing more than to do the same thing to the USPS. And what can you personally do about it? The answer is absolutely nothing because you have no labor contract no representation because you have no union the very thing you so freely condemn yet as a blue collar worker it's the only source of representation currently at your disposal.
Who said I condemn unions? In FedEx's case a union is warranted. I had great hopes when the Democrats had control of the Presidency and Congress that we'd finally get one. But the Dems sold us out to Fred. So there's your great, in the corner of the little man, Democrat Party. What I do know is we need jobs, and the Repubs are much more likely to create jobs. If someone gets rich creating jobs that put the unemployed to work, more power to them. By the way, a major reason so much of our manufacturing went overseas is because unions got greedy. A lot of greed to go around, don't you think?

bacha29

Whoa Bucko. When NAFTA was up for a vote in Congress the majority of the Democrats in the House voted against the trade agreement. Furthermore when was the last time a Republican introduced legislation to made it easier for people to join a union?

vantexan

Whoa Bucko. When NAFTA was up for a vote in Congress the majority of the Democrats in the House voted against the trade agreement. Furthermore when was the last time a Republican introduced legislation to made it easier for people to join a union?
Everyone knows the Repubs are against unions. But when push came to shove the Dems sold out FedEx employees for Fred's millions. If Democrats are so pro-union then why are unions faring so badly?

bacha29

Just exactly how did he sell them out.? He was the one that introduced legislation designed to make it easier to form a union but Congress refused to act on it. Remember he's been a minority president for 6 of his 8 years in office. the power to gain the representation you guys clearly want is still in your hands. It will not get any easier as more Republican governors and Republican controlled state legislatures pass RTW. legislation. But people like you guys keep putting them back in office year after year .So consider the rotten fashion in which you are being treated now merciful because it's going to get a whole lot worse and there's not a damn thing you can do about now.

xfdxgroundmgmt

59 Dano did you know part of the University of Miami's school of medicine is / was taught and instructed in Grenada? Of all small places? However as a private student at a private college you can party your balls off too!

vantexan

Just exactly how did he sell them out.? He was the one that introduced legislation designed to make it easier to form a union but Congress refused to act on it. Remember he's been a minority president for 6 of his 8 years in office. the power to gain the representation you guys clearly want is still in your hands. It will not get any easier as more Republican governors and Republican controlled state legislatures pass RTW. legislation. But people like you guys keep putting them back in office year after year .So consider the rotten fashion in which you are being treated now merciful because it's going to get a whole lot worse and there's not a damn thing you can do about now.
You aren't familiar with what happened? 2009-2010 the Democrats controlled both the Presidency and Congress. An attachment to the FAA bill, the Express Employees Express Act, was introduced. It was primarily designed to help FedEx Express employees. It would have taken us off the Railroad Labor Act, put us under the NLRA, and allowed us to vote for a union station by station instead of a nationwide vote. It was reported here that Fred S contributed as much as $32 million to Democrat campaign coffers. The result was the vote on the FAA bill was repeatedly tabled until finally the Republicans took over the House in 2011. All over but the crying. And by the way, while FedEx isn't what it used to be, the turnover situation has forced them to come up with a much better pay plan. We didn't get what we wanted, but FedEx has found that if they overreach they endanger their golden goose. Sucks for those that got ripped off, but not the horror story you are portraying either.

vantexan

P.S. I said the Democrats sold us out, not Obama. I may be wrong but I don't believe Obama introduced the attachment.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyone knows the Repubs are against unions. But when push came to shove the Dems sold out FedEx employees for Fred's millions. If Democrats are so pro-union then why are unions faring so badly?

You're right if you are referring to the FAA Reauthorization Act of 1996, where we were sold down the river by both parties. This is where Smith famously snuck-in his Express Carrier Exemption, with help from some Dems who should have been shot.

You already know the answer to the question you posed about today's unions. Weak IBT leadership is part of it, but GOP RTW legislation and a withering anti-union platform have undercut the ability to organize. Dubya did a lot of damage, and Obama has been weak on unions.

fatboy33

Again with the race baiting and class envy. When have I endorsed the Cuban healthcare model? And here's a newsflash, the two leading Democrats are old, rich, white people. And who says that the Republicans have to be white?!! I'd vote for Condoleeza Rice or Alan West in a heartbeat. What you folks have are built in prejudices about who you think Republicans are. I can see the results of Democratic policies, and I see the rationale behind supporting someone like Sanders. It's obvious he's supported by people who think there should be no reward for achievement, that we should all have equal outcomes. No doubt there are a lot of greedy people in both parties. Look at how the Clintons have enriched themselves. Yes, things are tough for the middle class but what the Dems are espousing, have been espousing for over 7 years now, sure haven't helped. Or do you think ramping up everyones' insurance costs is a blessing to middle class Americans?
Fox news and Rush Limbaugh race baiters?? People who live outside the bubble know 80 percent of their content is race baiting. With my family situation, I'm doing fine but it doesn't mean I no longer support fairness. Maybe if this country didn't say, at every opportunity, its the best country on the planet but have the highest homeless population, most gun murders, most incarcerations and one of the highest gaps in wealth between rich and poor of any first world country, I wouldn't criticize.

bacha29

In other words the FAA Reauthorization Act went the route of all legislation in today's world. It and it's rule and content goes to the highest bidder in the form of campaign contributions . If Smith did indeed hoark up a 32 million dollar campaign contribution hairball then he probably was the highest bidder. There was no way the IBT could have come up with anything on that level.

vantexan

In other words the FAA Reauthorization Act went the route of all legislation in today's world. It and it's rule and content goes to the highest bidder in the form of campaign contributions . If Smith did indeed hoark up a 32 million dollar campaign contribution hairball then he probably was the highest bidder. There was no way the IBT could have come up with anything on that level.
Doesn't change the fact that the Dems are supposed to support unions but turned their back on us. That there was an attachment to the FAA bill specifically addressing the issue showed that they were very aware of our situation.

vantexan

Fox news and Rush Limbaugh race baiters?? People who live outside the bubble know 80 percent of their content is race baiting. With my family situation, I'm doing fine but it doesn't mean I no longer support fairness. Maybe if this country didn't say, at every opportunity, its the best country on the planet but have the highest homeless population, most gun murders, most incarcerations and one of the highest gaps in wealth between rich and poor of any first world country, I wouldn't criticize.
Watch FOX every night and what they address is the constant themes of liberals that whites are killing blacks and that whites enjoy privileges just for being white. This is a capitalist country, and you have to get yourself educated and apply yourself, which plenty of blacks have done so. Those who don't, just like whites who don't, have it much harder. FOX doesn't race bait, just points out that people like Al Sharpton are taking advantage of people's fear and anger to make a lot of money. Guys like him are a major reason race relations right now are so bad.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Watch FOX every night and what they address is the constant themes of liberals that whites are killing blacks and that whites enjoy privileges just for being white. This is a capitalist country, and you have to get yourself educated and apply yourself, which plenty of blacks have done so. Those who don't, just like whites who don't, have it much harder. FOX doesn't race bait, just points out that people like Al Sharpton are taking advantage of people's fear and anger to make a lot of money. Guys like him are a major reason race relations right now are so bad.

FOX race baits all the time, as do Sharpton and Jackson, who are basically race pimps. The basic recipe for Right Wing talk radio is race baiting, along with union bashing, sucking-up to the military, and Horatio Alger-style bootstrapping economic success.

vantexan

FOX race baits all the time, as do Sharpton and Jackson, who are basically race pimps. The basic recipe for Right Wing talk radio is race baiting, along with union bashing, sucking-up to the military, and Horatio Alger-style bootstrapping economic success.
Except you don't watch FOX so it's all theory for you.

bacha29

Fox News is nothing more than an information clearing house for the GOP. It and Newsmax which is even worse are Rupert Murdoch creations that are anything but "fair and balanced". Just ask Shepard Smith . When he came out of the closet Fox pushed him back in .As a result you don't see or hear much from him these days.

vantexan

Fox News is nothing more than an information clearing house for the GOP. It and Newsmax which is even worse are Rupert Murdoch creations that are anything but "fair and balanced". Just ask Shepard Smith . When he came out of the closet Fox pushed him back in .As a result you don't see or hear much from him these days.
What's funny is that most media outlets are fairly to very liberal. But let there be one conservative TV channel...

overflowed

I watch fox and listen to crazy talk radio often just so I'm aware how crazy you guys think. I don't want to get caught slippin in the wrong part of the country. But to be totally honest, I'm am often dumbfounded how racist it all sounds to me. However, they are very careful to never outright say anything. The talk show guys know how gullible the listeners are too. They all seem to be slanging the buy gold and silver and stash it in your safe for the next collapse that's coming next week commercials.