Our Fantastic Healthcare

vantexan

No. I'll watch O'Reilly or Hannity now and then. It's amazing how they fleece the flock for cash while spewing their lies.
And how are they fleecing the flock for cash? I never see Hannity asking for money. And Bill O'Reilly gives 100% of his website's earnings to charity. You really don't watch do you? If you did you'd know that they back up everything they say about Democrats with videos of the Dems saying it.

vantexan

I watch fox and listen to crazy talk radio often just so I'm aware how crazy you guys think. I don't want to get caught slippin in the wrong part of the country. But to be totally honest, I'm am often dumbfounded how racist it all sounds to me. However, they are very careful to never outright say anything. The talk show guys know how gullible the listeners are too. They all seem to be slanging the buy gold and silver and stash it in your safe for the next collapse that's coming next week commercials.
Yep, some liberal is accusing cops of targeting blacks and people like O'Reilly show the actual stats, such as how few black deaths actually occur at the hands of cops but more than 90% of black murders happen at the hands of other blacks. They show silly things like NBC showing a picture of a 12 year old Trayvon Martin while altering the 911 tape to make Zimmerman sound racist. Jumped all over a white man killing some sweet black kid while the truth was a half-Hispanic man, who should've listen to the police dispatcher, was getting his head pounded into a sidewalk by a big 17 year old and killed Martin in self defense. The whole Black Lives Matter movement is based on lies about that and Michael Brown. How dare any channel stand up for falsely accused men who would've been railroaded by the liberal media? How dare any channel show the waste of the Obama administration, or the outright lies about Obamacare told by Obama? They sure weren't being covered by the liberal media. Which is why people tune into FOX, they get the truth, not a carefully orchestrated effort to cover for an incompetant administration that has about ruined us both at home and abroad.

Last edited:

overflowed

Van I listen and watch all kinds of media so I can make my own choice on what I think the truth is. My point in the post you replied to is some people only listen to what they want to hear. You sound just like the talk shows I was referring to.

vantexan

Van I listen and watch all kinds of media so I can make my own choice on what I think the truth is. My point in the post you replied to is some people only listen to what they want to hear. You sound just like the talk shows I was referring to.
And yet I watch MSNBC a couple of times a week and see many distortions. You can believe what you like about FOX and conservatives in general, but this constant drone from the liberal side about how we're all greedy racists is B.S..

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I watch fox and listen to crazy talk radio often just so I'm aware how crazy you guys think. I don't want to get caught slippin in the wrong part of the country. But to be totally honest, I'm am often dumbfounded how racist it all sounds to me.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that you didn't have the joy of witnessing the left's magnificent train wreck of a talk radio network (well, 2 of them).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And how are they fleecing the flock for cash? I never see Hannity asking for money. And Bill O'Reilly gives 100% of his website's earnings to charity. You really don't watch do you? If you did you'd know that they back up everything they say about Democrats with videos of the Dems saying it.

Advertising revenues. Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh and the rest of them play right into your fears and cash-in. LifeLock, safes, gold and silver, retirement homes,health supplements, dehydrated food, guns...the list goes on and on. These people absolutely know their demographics and advertisers flock to these programs. Big $$$ for these shows and their hosts.

I listen to these shows all the time and it's very obvious that they are targeting the oldsters.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm going out on a limb and assuming that you didn't have the joy of witnessing the left's magnificent train wreck of a talk radio network (well, 2 of them).

Left Wing talk radio doesn't work off the same formula as the Right, so the money isn't there from advertisers. Hate speech and fear mongering attract Republicans. The more intelligent Liberals can see through it.

The formula is simple. Hate unions, worship the rich, deify the Reagans and the good old days, be anti-tax and anti-government, instill fear that the government wants to run your life, and worship our military and anything that involves killing our enemies.

Bingo! A successful formula that attracts the dusty old Republican farts that will spend money on a bomb shelter, gold,dehydrated food, and an arsenal to defend themselves from the oncoming invasion and future famine/plague/pestilence.

God, Republicans are dumb.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Left Wing talk radio doesn't work off the same formula as the Right, so the money isn't there from advertisers. Hate speech and fear mongering attract Republicans. The more intelligent Liberals can see through it.

Left wing radio doesn't work off of any formula because outside of people like me enjoy such spectacles, no one listens.

Hate speech??? My goodness, you guys have Mike Malloy. MIKE FREAKING MALLOY, who regularly wished suffering and death upon any living person he didn't like, and rejoicing in the death of the dead.

"You sons of b----es. I just hate you. I hate you to the depths of my soul. I will hate you when I'm dead. I will hate you a million years after I'm dead. I will still hate you. My hate will be a star in the firmament that will shine down on your Republican a--es forever." --Mike Malloy on GWB and GHWB

Mike Malloy is what you'd sound like if BC wasn't regulated.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Left wing radio doesn't work off of any formula because outside of people like me enjoy such spectacles, no one listens.

Hate speech??? My goodness, you guys have Mike Malloy. MIKE FREAKING MALLOY, who regularly wished suffering and death upon any living person he didn't like, and rejoicing in the death of the dead.

"You sons of b----es. I just hate you. I hate you to the depths of my soul. I will hate you when I'm dead. I will hate you a million years after I'm dead. I will still hate you. My hate will be a star in the firmament that will shine down on your Republican a--es forever." --Mike Malloy on GWB and GHWB

Mike Malloy is what you'd sound like if BC wasn't regulated.

I don't listen to Mike Malloy. He is over the edge, and nuts. Kind of like Michael Savage on the Right. So extreme as to be crazy.

vantexan

The formula is simple. Hate unions, worship the rich, deify the Reagans and the good old days, be anti-tax and anti-government, instill fear that the government wants to run your life, and worship our military and anything that involves killing our enemies.

Bingo! A successful formula that attracts the dusty old Republican farts that will spend money on a bomb shelter, gold,dehydrated food, and an arsenal to defend themselves from the oncoming invasion and future famine/plague/pestilence.

God, Republicans are dumb.
If Republicans are so dumb why is it that Republican governed States are doing better than Democrat run states? Why is it the economy flourished under Reagan and didn't flourish under Clinton until the Repubs won back Congress in '94? Why are Democrat run major cities falling apart? And let me assure you that average Republicans aren't in it to worship the rich. We just believe if one works hard he shouldn't have to give it all away to those who don't. And Christian Republicans believe if they do well they must help others. But helping others help themselves is one thing, having it taken away by those who give it away in exchange for votes is quite another.

vantexan

Advertising revenues. Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh and the rest of them play right into your fears and cash-in. LifeLock, safes, gold and silver, retirement homes,health supplements, dehydrated food, guns...the list goes on and on. These people absolutely know their demographics and advertisers flock to these programs. Big $$$ for these shows and their hosts.

I listen to these shows all the time and it's very obvious that they are targeting the oldsters.
Name one advertiser in any medium who doesn't study demographics to target the best audience for his product? And if you actually watched those shows or listened to them you'd know a wide range of topics are discussed. They're TALK shows and must come up with content that will keep people interested. And they have every right to go after your favorite President and party if said people support and defend policies that are detrimental to our society and national security. What it sounds like you're saying is there's no need for conservative TV or radio because the Democrats are always right and are acting in our best interests. Thank goodness for an opposition that points out why that isn't so.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If Republicans are so dumb why is it that Republican governed States are doing better than Democrat run states? Why is it the economy flourished under Reagan and didn't flourish under Clinton until the Repubs won back Congress in '94? Why are Democrat run major cities falling apart? And let me assure you that average Republicans aren't in it to worship the rich. We just believe if one works hard he shouldn't have to give it all away to those who don't. And Christian Republicans believe if they do well they must help others. But helping others help themselves is one thing, having it taken away by those who give it away in exchange for votes is quite another.

RTW states are great for creating crappy jobs and enriching big corporations. Typically, these states grant huge tax breaks or create other incentives that draw-in the companies and then close the deal with RTW laws that practically ensure no unions.

Texas, SC and all the other "successful" job creation states use the same formula. And the taxpayers foot the bill while the elite light their cigars with $100 bills.

vantexan

RTW states are great for creating crappy jobs and enriching big corporations. Typically, these states grant huge tax breaks or create other incentives that draw-in the companies and then close the deal with RTW laws that practically ensure no unions.

Texas, SC and all the other "successful" job creation states use the same formula. And the taxpayers foot the bill while the elite light their cigars with $100 bills.
Yes things are so bad that millions flocked to those states. People need jobs, not theories.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes things are so bad that millions flocked to those states. People need jobs, not theories.

A $14 per hour job is better than no job at all. Ex-Governor Goodhair Perry was extremely successful at luring big companies to Texas with low to no taxes, freeway access and other infrastructure deals, and a basically union-free environment. The GOP governor did the same thing with Boeing and other companies in SC.

When are you going to figure out that Republicans only care about the rich and perpetuating the LIE that anyone can be rich and successful if they just work hard enough?

vantexan

A $14 per hour job is better than no job at all. Ex-Governor Goodhair Perry was extremely successful at luring big companies to Texas with low to no taxes, freeway access and other infrastructure deals, and a basically union-free environment. The GOP governor did the same thing with Boeing and other companies in SC.

When are you going to figure out that Republicans only care about the rich and perpetuating the LIE that anyone can be rich and successful if they just work hard enough?
If you have a thriving economy you'll have opportunities to better your situation. States controlled by Dems are beholden to unions holding out for better paying jobs that'll never come. That's the reality. And again with the class envy. Who's telling anyone they'll be rich and why do we even have to be rich? Seriously, what's enough for you?

overflowed

I don't listen to Mike Malloy. He is over the edge, and nuts. Kind of like Michael Savage on the Right. So extreme as to be crazy.
What are you talking about? He's the most interesting one. This guy has people calling in like a cult. "Dr. Savage blah , blah, the brown people moved in next door blah, blah I'm voting for Trump because he's going to make these people go home." I will actually pull over and listen when he really gets crazy for like ten minutes maybe 15.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you have a thriving economy you'll have opportunities to better your situation. States controlled by Dems are beholden to unions holding out for better paying jobs that'll never come. That's the reality. And again with the class envy. Who's telling anyone they'll be rich and why do we even have to be rich? Seriously, what's enough for you?

Ah, yes. The Free market and opportunities to "better your situation". If you're an hourly worker, how do you better your situation in a RTW state? You don't, plain and simple. Republican media consistently floats the concept that we can all be successful entrepreneurs and wealthy. It's very obvious, and is supported by the kind of ads that run on right wing radio...playing the stock market from home, tax lien homes for $500, real estate seminars for zero cash home, and various "opportunities" to own your own franchise or start a business, the dream of every Republican apparently.

What's enough for me is the love of my family and friends. I've built a low 6 figure income by doing real estate for years on the side and now FT. The newest vehicle I have is 10 years old, and I live in a middle class neighborhood that is very diverse. I don't need an exotic sports car, a yacht, or a plane.

vantexan

Ah, yes. The Free market and opportunities to "better your situation". If you're an hourly worker, how do you better your situation in a RTW state? You don't, plain and simple. Republican media consistently floats the concept that we can all be successful entrepreneurs and wealthy. It's very obvious, and is supported by the kind of ads that run on right wing radio...playing the stock market from home, tax lien homes for $500, real estate seminars for zero cash home, and various "opportunities" to own your own franchise or start a business, the dream of every Republican apparently.

What's enough for me is the love of my family and friends. I've built a low 6 figure income by doing real estate for years on the side and now FT. The newest vehicle I have is 10 years old, and I live in a middle class neighborhood that is very diverse. I don't need an exotic sports car, a yacht, or a plane.
There are plenty of hourly workers who don't want to get into management, go to night school, etc. But those who do and are willing to hustle can improve their situation. But not so much in a slow moving economy. RTW states tend to have better economies and more opportunities. One of the biggest problems we have now is way too many college grads with huge debts and can't find a decent job.