Our Fantastic Healthcare

vantexan

Sounds like GOP propaganda to me. What isn't propaganda is FedEx Insurance Inc, which you alluded to. What an amazing scam.
The Ryan commercial showing him dump grandma off a wheelchair and over a cliff widely circulated in 2012. Saw it many times. And saw the Biden video numerous times. Look it up on YouTube.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Ryan commercial showing him dump grandma off a wheelchair and over a cliff widely circulated in 2012. Saw it many times. And saw the Biden video numerous times. Look it up on YouTube.

The Republicans are all about "self responsibility",including healthcare you cannot afford. You get to die, but free of the jack-booted government thugs trying to help you get some treatment.

It's kind of like trying to help someone who is starving, and they're too proud (and stupid) to take the help. So they die.

Perhaps the pride of "winning" from a philosophical perspective makes it worthwhile. I'd take the handout with gratitude...and survive.

Last edited:

vantexan

The Republicans are all about "self responsibility",including healthcare you cannot afford. You get to die, but free of the jack-booted government thugs trying to help you get some treatment.

It's kind of like trying to help someone who is starving, and they're too proud (and stupid) to take the help. So they die.

Perhaps the pride of "winning" from a philosophical perspective makes it worthwhile. I'd take the handout with gratitude...and survive.
Actually the healthcare insurance industry was providing us with insurance we could afford before Obamacare came along. True, those without insurance got reamed, but if you workéd you could take care of yourself and family. In their zeal to have the gov't take over healthcare the Dems are screwing everyone, not just the uninsured. I guess that's social justice, huh?

It will be fine

Actually the healthcare insurance industry was providing us with insurance we could afford before Obamacare came along. True, those without insurance got reamed, but if you workéd you could take care of yourself and family. In their zeal to have the gov't take over healthcare the Dems are screwing everyone, not just the uninsured. I guess that's social justice, huh?
Would you prefer the time when insurance companies could reject you for any pre existing condition? Lose your job and have diabetes I guess you're screwed. You really think that was better for society?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Would you prefer the time when insurance companies could reject you for any pre existing condition? Lose your job and have diabetes I guess you're screwed. You really think that was better for society?
It's no different than now when insurance companies can deny you coverage at whim if they don't think a procedure or medicine is necessary.

vantexan

But look at what's happening. The insurers are backing out because they can't cover all the preexisting conditions without going bankrupt. Insurance is supposed to cover what might happen, not what already is happening. And here's the reality: we all die from something. In many parts of the world if you can't pay they won't even let you into the hospital. We seem to have developed a sense of entitlement concerning our health here, that it's our right to a long, healthy life.

bacha29

During the first 3 years of Obamacare there were subsidies actually paid to the health insurance companies to offset losses they incurred during the implementation of Obamacare. the main problem is that people enroll in Obamacare, get the procedure they need done then drop out. That problem is being addressed Look VanT, if you don't want to enroll in Obamacare you don't have to. If you don't want to take your employers plan you don't have to. You can buy your own private insurance plan. Or you can go without and pay all of your medical bills out of your own pocket. So just exactly what is it you want? keep in mind. The surgery I had performed last fall was one that is performed 1.6 million times a year in this country. There were however complications that had to be addressed. The total cost to my insurer.........$ 41,000. Now do you have that kind of cash laying around? It's not a broken health care system. It's an over whelmed health care system.

vantexan

During the first 3 years of Obamacare there were subsidies actually paid to the health insurance companies to offset losses they incurred during the implementation of Obamacare. the main problem is that people enroll in Obamacare, get the procedure they need done then drop out. That problem is being addressed Look VanT, if you don't want to enroll in Obamacare you don't have to. If you don't want to take your employers plan you don't have to. You can buy your own private insurance plan. Or you can go without and pay all of your medical bills out of your own pocket. So just exactly what is it you want? keep in mind. The surgery I had performed last fall was one that is performed 1.6 million times a year in this country. There were however complications that had to be addressed. The total cost to my insurer.........$ 41,000. Now do you have that kind of cash laying around? It's not a broken health care system. It's an over whelmed health care system.
I agree with you to some extent, but the worst of Obamacare is yet to come. There are families now paying $12k a year to have insurance. It's obvious by their spending habits Democrats think that, just as the gov't has endless money, average folks have tons of money with nothing better to spend it on. If you had your surgery before Obamacare you would've still been covered by your insurance. But the rest of us would be paying less for ours.

vantexan

I agree with you to some extent, but the worst of Obamacare is yet to come. There are families now paying $12k a year to have insurance. It's obvious by their spending habits Democrats think that, just as the gov't has endless money, average folks have tons of money with nothing better to spend it on. If you had your surgery before Obamacare you would've still been covered by your insurance. But the rest of us would be paying less for ours.
P.S. Obamacare isn't sustainable if people don't stay in it but it's unaffordable for too many. So how's that going to be fixed?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yeah, the Dems are all over "social justice" and overuse the term, but do you really think we need to bring back pre-existing condition exclusions and all of the other disqualifiers the insurance companies used to jack-up profits? Look at our own overpriced, really bad benefits.

vantexan

Yeah, the Dems are all over "social justice" and overuse the term, but do you really think we need to bring back pre-existing condition exclusions and all of the other disqualifiers the insurance companies used to jack-up profits? Look at our own overpriced, really bad benefits.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The health insurers are a problem, but we should be going after health providers to lower costs.

vantexan

Wouldn't that be Big Government in action?
Is the V.A. big government? The S.E.C.? The friend.A.A.? They're all there to protect various groups. Why not protect us from gouging? Today's healthcare industry seems designed to remove as much wealth from the elderly as possible before they die, and the rest of us are getting ripped off too.

MAKAVELI

Is the V.A. big government? The S.E.C.? The friend.A.A.? They're all there to protect various groups. Why not protect us from gouging? Today's healthcare industry seems designed to remove as much wealth from the elderly as possible before they die, and the rest of us are getting ripped off too.
Free market at work. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You are very selective about what constitutes Big Government. MAKAVELI beat me to the punch with "free market", which is the BS I hear Libertarians spew about a way to drive down healthcare costs. Give everyone a voucher, and let the free market work it's magic.

Sure.

vantexan

You are very selective about what constitutes Big Government. MAKAVELI beat me to the punch with "free market", which is the BS I hear Libertarians spew about a way to drive down healthcare costs. Give everyone a voucher, and let the free market work it's magic.

Sure.
You don't think the government is there to protect the citizenry?

bacha29

The ACA pays premium subsidies directly to the insurer. The subsidies are on a graduated scale and end at an AGI of $88,000 for a family of four. The objective is that a family or individual does not pay more than 9.5% of their income for health insurance. If the people you speak of Van are paying a grand a month for health insurance then they are making 6 figures a year. Either that or they are again too stubborn to at least consider the ACA. I agree with Mr. Fedex. A single payer system through an expansion of Medicare which has been around since the 1960's . Likewise Paul Ryan wanted to end the ACA and Medicare and replace it with a government voucher for $7,000. People just fell off the chair laughing . The guy is so stupid that he thinks that's a person could actually buy health insurance policy that actually covers something for $600 a month not even close and with the preexisting medical conditions rule reestablished many people wouldn't have been able to get it at any price.

vantexan

The ACA pays premium subsidies directly to the insurer. The subsidies are on a graduated scale and end at an AGI of $88,000 for a family of four. The objective is that a family or individual does not pay more than 9.5% of their income for health insurance. If the people you speak of Van are paying a grand a month for health insurance then they are making 6 figures a year. Either that or they are again too stubborn to at least consider the ACA. I agree with Mr. Fedex. A single payer system through an expansion of Medicare which has been around since the 1960's . Likewise Paul Ryan wanted to end the ACA and Medicare and replace it with a government voucher for $7,000. People just fell off the chair laughing . The guy is so stupid that he thinks that's a person could actually buy health insurance policy that actually covers something for $600 a month not even close and with the preexisting medical conditions rule reestablished many people wouldn't have been able to get it at any price.
Wait until premiums blow up in 2017. Will be interesting to see the fall out then.