Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Orion bumps up your stop count around 20 stops, This fact alone is disgusting. Resi routes are constant 180, 190, 200. Who can do that 30 yrs?
The correct answer is, most people cannot. Which is why many drivers are bidding inside jobs.
I've always had this sick and twisted vision, of EVERY driver in our four center hub, bidding into inside jobs and bumping all of the 22.3s onto the road. That would be something.

calcio56

Dave isn't all wrong about "orion 2.0".

Call it whatever you want. these how I run my route forms will be used in tandem with orion to create the ultimate solution.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Call it whatever you want. these how I run my route forms will be used in tandem with orion to create the ultimate solution.

Maybe.

And if, a big if, UPS had asked every driver to come in and set up a real DOL, in order to create a real EDD order, before ORION was instituted, maybe ORION would have almost worked the first time.

Trust me, it doesn't matter if v.2.0 re-orders your trace after every stop, you will still be climbing and crawling around to find packages.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

i have allways run my route under my planned orion miles...now , 190 is a under 9, because the TSP algorithm says 160+ is not enough. "ultimate solution"? Enjoy your day to go home tomorrow, as the orion team goes home on fridays, and except the fact this system may very well ruin ups

calcio56

I hear what you're saying. But. Over the course of the year I have had orion, they are slowly but surely adjusting the pals so that they align with orion.

I have no insight into the inner workings but I believe we will be talking about edd like the old timers talk about clipboards.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had my Orion ride today,all two hours of it. It was great as even before we left the building I informed him in NO WAY would i back into drive ways or do anything unsafe to make a certain percent of a metric. He was pretty hot under the collar before i even pre tripped lol
On area i REFUSED to back into driveways and he sputtered,made threats,and told me in his opinion it was not unsafe and finally told me we'd be in the office in the morning. After i made my last air delivery He told me he had 'more important things to do" and another Orion guy met us and he couldnt get away from me quickly enough. it was a great day!

calcio56

So I'm glad you brought up refusal to comply.

My theory is that they want us to run minimal trace on orion. This gives them insight as to why we deliver in a certain order, regardless of edd/orion order. Eventually they will catch on, understand, and change orion so that it will be safer and more effecient. Nobody knows the route better than the driver. But give it time in your center and you will see it slowly take over. Also, the mandatory how I run my route forms are evidence that they want driver input. Whether they acknowledge it or not, somebody is looking at your route against the orion plan and adjusting accordingly.

Love it, hate it, ignore it, it's a fact of life. Instead of fighting it, we ought to be thinking about what happens when....

S

selfcancelsignal

Yesterday, ORION had me picking up one of my business customers at 8:56AM, which is 4 minutes before they even open and 6 hours before their 3:00 scheduled pickup time that I am supposed to be in compliance with.

You cant make this stuff up.
So are they actually making you run ORION now, or did you just flip it to ODO to check it out. I thought you were exempt.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So are they actually making you run ORION now, or did you just flip it to ODO to check it out. I thought you were exempt.
I look at the ORION "solution" on the computer monitor every morning just for my own amusement. ORION is still in my DIAD, but I switch over to RDO before I leave the building.

Overpaid Union Thug

Usually...... following ORION is like getting directions from a half blind, schizophrenic, half wit with Tourette Syndrome and ADHD. When it actually "works" it's like getting directions to get out of your own neighborhood from a VERY, VERY, VERY expensive GPS system. Either way it is an epic waste of valuable time (money) and resources.

iruhnman630

Pulled up to a stop today, drivers side delivery, on a blind hill, needing to turn around and go the other way, with a church parking a 1/4 mile ahead.

Now, before these past 2 lovely mornings of education regarding my mile reducing skills, driving the .25 mile and turning around in the parking lot was a no brainer.

But today, I found my palms getting sweaty as I weighed the option of a dangerous park and backing situation vs adding a half mile to my day.

Overpaid Union Thug

Pulled up to a stop today, drivers side delivery, on a blind hill, needing to turn around and go the other way, with a church parking a 1/4 mile ahead.

Now, before these past 2 lovely mornings of education regarding my mile reducing skills, driving the .25 mile and turning around in the parking lot was a no brainer.

But today, I found my palms getting sweaty as I weighed the option of a dangerous park and backing situation vs adding a half mile to my day.
I still drive farther than that if necessary. ORION can't configure a decent route. How is it going to help defend me when I'm fired for a Tier 3?