Out more than 45 but keeps route....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sorry, Old Chum, but the Bat Signal for a shill is "Blow Boy", and you'd better report to the MT3 man cave within 30 minutes or else you'll be cleaning out the lavs in the Gulfstream instead of polishing the ummm....silver.

Sincerely,
The Caped Crusader

That's ok. Whenever you figure out what you're talking about, be sure to let us know. "FALSIFIED REPORTS!!!", LOL.

59 Dano

And this is coming from Dano,the shill who believed Mitt Romney would be our next president come 2012.
Great foresight and future vision,his hand on the pulse of the nation.
It's that same disconnect that makes him think how perfectly
he understands the average employee.
He's just like all the clowns in Memphis with blinders on.

"Hoped" he would win an election doesn't mean "believed" he would win.

Thanks for checking back in to remind me that you don't have a good grasp on what you're talking about. I'd almost forgotten!

59 Dano

Who said anything about providing good compensation only for " good " couriers? Oh yeah, you did.

Well, I was giving a sarcastic response mocking several of the folks who post here who think that not following a policy (putting a route up for bid after 45 days, issuance of letters/OLCCs/performance reminders) rigidly and with absolutely no discretion allowed for management = favoritism run rampant. I figured I'd toss in pay as well.

I think good couriers should get paid more and the only reason that they aren't is because other couriers will complain that it's not fair that someone else gets paid more for "doing the same job."

MAKAVELI

Well, I was giving a sarcastic response mocking several of the folks who post here who think that not following a policy (putting a route up for bid after 45 days, issuance of letters/OLCCs/performance reminders) rigidly and with absolutely no discretion allowed for management = favoritism run rampant. I figured I'd toss in pay as well.

I think good couriers should get paid more and the only reason that they aren't is because other couriers will complain that it's not fair that someone else gets paid more for "doing the same job."
I think FedEx needs to learn from UPS on how to attract and keep good, hard working, dedicated employees.;)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think FedEx needs to learn from UPS on how to attract and keep good, hard working, dedicated employees.;)
Agreed.

All Fred cares about is numbers and looking good on Wall Street but his misguided thinking is that all couriers are dispensable as paper towels which ultimately may do irreversible damage to the company.

dezguy

I have a good one.

Just heard it through the grapevine that a courier who has been on and off work with various health issues has been advised they cannot continue being a courier, by their doctor.

It would seem to me this person would be S.O.L. but because they are an ass kisser, management is talking about creating a position for them in the office.

Funny this is; Many moons ago, when I was a young courier, a more senior courier went off for medical reasons. In the end, this person had to have half their stomach removed because of it. They tried to come back after the surgery but, with only half a stomach they couldn't get their body weight above 75lbs and the work became too much for them. Think management created a position in the office for them? Not a chance.

Goes to show you how much of a double standard there is in this "people company".

fedupforsure

Been lurking here for a long time but I must post this. For all you who have had friends working for purple only to see them lose their route because of being out past the 45 or 90 day limit, they may have a law suit they may want to file soon. Understanding policy, being out past 45 days meant a couriers route must be forfeited and placed for bids period no questions asked. We have a situation where a senior courier, with connections high up, was out past 45 days. The route went up for bids and now the new courier will start next week. Problem is, senior courier is possibly being coached by a higher up and will probably get back onto the route. Now when this happens, every courier in the history of the purple, will have a case from losing their original position. Those couriers should have been informed as to what they needed to do to keep their routes. It's discriminatory to have one courier because of connections keep their route but not give equal treatment to others. We will know by 2 weeks time how this plays out. We had two guys at our station leave because they didn't want to become floaters, after losing their routes. And will to be called by a co-worker pending the out come of this matter. Will let you guys know what happens.

fedupforsure

Been lurking here for a long time but I must post this. For all you who have had friends working for purple only to see them lose their route because of being out past the 45 or 90 day limit, they may have a law suit they may want to file soon. Understanding policy, being out past 45 days meant a couriers route must be forfeited and placed for bids period no questions asked. We have a situation where a senior courier, with connections high up, was out past 45 days. The route went up for bids and now the new courier will start next week. Problem is, senior courier is possibly being coached by a higher up and will probably get back onto the route. Now when this happens, every courier in the history of the purple, will have a case from losing their original position. Those couriers should have been informed as to what they needed to do to keep their routes. It's discriminatory to have one courier because of connections keep their route but not give equal treatment to others. We will know by 2 weeks time how this plays out. We had two guys at our station leave because they didn't want to become floaters, after losing their routes. And will to be called by a co-worker pending the out come of this matter. Will let you guys know what happens.
be sure to check and make sure they did not take some vacation in there

59 Dano

I have a good one.

Just heard it through the grapevine that a courier who has been on and off work with various health issues has been advised they cannot continue being a courier, by their doctor.

It would seem to me this person would be S.O.L. but because they are an ass kisser, management is talking about creating a position for them in the office.

Funny this is; Many moons ago, when I was a young courier, a more senior courier went off for medical reasons. In the end, this person had to have half their stomach removed because of it. They tried to come back after the surgery but, with only half a stomach they couldn't get their body weight above 75lbs and the work became too much for them. Think management created a position in the office for them? Not a chance.

Goes to show you how much of a double standard there is in this "people company".

All that being said, do you think they should create positions for people who can't do the job anymore?

dezguy

All that being said, do you think they should create positions for people who can't do the job anymore?
I think they either do it for everyone or no one. None of this favouritsim b.s. Fact of the matter is, I couldn't care less what they do, so long as they do it equal across the board.

It will be fine

I think they either do it for everyone or no one. None of this favouritsim b.s. Fact of the matter is, I couldn't care less what they do, so long as they do it equal across the board.
When has that ever been the case in your life? You get better treatment when people like you. This is true always and everywhere. "Fair" is a concept for kindergartners.

59 Dano

I think they either do it for everyone or no one. None of this favouritsim b.s.

Interesting.

You have some really good employees who are always willing to go the extra mile by coming in early, staying late, taking on additional responsibilities, etc. who would be treated no differently than those who do barely enough to scrape by. Guess who notices that? Those really good employees. Guess how they respond to being treated just like the deadbeats? They either leave the company or they stop being really good employees.

And you'd be fine with that.

vantexan

Interesting.

You have some really good employees who are always willing to go the extra mile by coming in early, staying late, taking on additional responsibilities, etc. who would be treated no differently than those who do barely enough to scrape by. Guess who notices that? Those really good employees. Guess how they respond to being treated just like the deadbeats? They either leave the company or they stop being really good employees.

How about FedEx going the extra mile for good employees by rewarding them with better pay?

dezguy

When has that ever been the case in your life? You get better treatment when people like you. This is true always and everywhere. "Fair" is a concept for kindergartners.
For a so called "people company" to allow this is unacceptable. For a company the size FedEx is, it is unacceptable.

I have never worked for a company where favouritism has been so rampant as it has been in my time at FedEx.

dezguy

Interesting.

As I have said before, everyone should receive the same treatment.

Why should one person lose their job because they cannot perform their duties while another gets a position created for them because they cannot perform their duties? Because one is golfing buddies with the manager and the other just came in, did their job and went home?

And it's not like the employee who is reportedly getting a position created for them is a good worker.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As I have said before, everyone should receive the same treatment.

Why should one person lose their job because they cannot perform their duties while another gets a position created for them because they cannot perform their duties? Because one is golfing buddies with the manager and the other just came in, did their job and went home?

And it's not like the employee who is reportedly getting a position created for them is a good worker.

Why doesn't anyone call HR or their boss if necessary?

It will be fine

Why doesn't anyone call HR or their boss if necessary?
And say what? Boo hoo, this situation that I'm not directly involved in isn't fair. They let go another guy but created a job for another one because they like him.
The real solution is get your management team to like you so you can receive special treatment. Tattling does the opposite. It is possible to be well liked and still hold your ground when they overstep.