Out more than 45 but keeps route....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The ones with bottled water and cable?

Our only "cable" is FrontLine/UpClose. We get bottled water when it hits 125 degrees.

I know you love the Ground business model, so maybe you could learn to love the Express business model too. Think UPS without the pay and benefits and no union protection at all.

Sometimes, your cluelessness concerns me.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
In our break room we have a TV with, no lie, an antennae. It gets hardly any channels and what does come in, comes in really crappy and the pic. drops out a lot.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been at quite a few stations. I have never been in one that even has a tv you could watch. I've been in high budget stations and no tv. I think it's only yours.

Nope. Mine does too. The funny thing is the tv playing all FedEx all the time on the wall to the left, that noone ever looks at. Oh yeah, and the one in the checkin room that was installed 6 months ago that is never even turned on. And the big one in the warehouse that was only on a once. Lol.

overflowed

Nope. Mine does too. The funny thing is the tv playing all FedEx all the time on the wall to the left, that noone ever looks at. Oh yeah, and the one in the checkin room that was installed 6 months ago that is never even turned on. And the big one in the warehouse that was only on a once. Lol.
We have a few tv's that loop the fedex nonsense all day, which is too bad because they are both large flat screens. The only people I've ever seen watching with interest was a ground driver picking up in the pm.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Really. Most companies don't arbitrarily let people go at 45 days, especially if they have a good work record.

Neither does FedEx.

I guess you don't see an issue where Station A uses 45 days and Station B uses 90?

Nope. I also don't see an issue where Station A uses 45 days in one case and 90 days in another.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Really. Most companies don't arbitrarily let people go at 45 days, especially if they have a good work record. This is just a way for FedEx to streamline and expedite the termination process. The fact that it is administered differently based on location is especially troubling.

I guess you don't see an issue where Station A uses 45 days and Station B uses 90? My take is that marginal Employee X loses their route and Butt Kisser Employee Y keeps theirs. If X is a member of the Butt Kisser Club (BKC), then they'll probably get 90 days plus whatever extra time sucking on it gets you.

They can't let you go at 45 days. Learn the policy before you post.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If they bump you off your route after 45 days and you return before 90, they are required to provide you with FT work (if you are a FT employee). Period.

Right. You've never heard of an employee in the crosshairs. If they want you gone, you're gone. It's very easy for management to set someone up and then "discover" a 2-5 violation.

You're pretty well-versed. Why not provide all employees a link to 2-5 so they don't have to get it off the company computer.