Part Time Sups--------Don't be this foolish!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I've got a better idea. Why don't you take this senior management perspective and write a memo or a pcm and send it to all the ops? This should take all of about 5 minutes to write and 1 click of a mouse to remind the ops management that these kind of unsafe acts are no longer tolerated. You also might want to add that the part-time sups should not be directed to or allowed to work unsafely on and around conveyor equipment. When the part-time sups stop laughing and come out of the pcm they can then get back to doing whatever it takes to get done. These guys may be clowns but they are my coworkers. I spoke to them, I have done my part. Maybe management can start to do theirs, after all they are management.:dont_know:
P.S-There is nothing wrong with the conveyor, it is the culture that is faulty.

Why are the part time sups trying to move the belt if it's not broken? The initial thread says the belt didn't start up when it was turned it on. Wouldn't the most sensible thing to do be to fix the belt, thereby eliminating the temptation to try to push it with their feet? People do dumb stuff when they are in panic mode.

PE Pro

From the sound of it, you are not new to Ups. so you should know that even thought the part-time sup wasnt thinking(which is a daily event) the Area manger (the guy who doesn't think but gets paid a heck of a lot more, and bonus walkie talkie accessory) is the one screaming at these kids to KEEP THAT BELT MOVING. all there pre sort meetings are about how to keep unloaders and loaders in the trucks and pick off and sorter chucking boxes (hand to surface of course HA!) It is all about getting the sort wrapped and moving nothing else matters...nothing even safety. They can preach safety to OSHA and to new hires but if you have been there more than one year you know the ugly truth, it doesn't matter one bit, till someone gets killed or maimed. And even when that happens they find a way to blame it on you. GREED that is all it is.
Sad but true.:sad-little:

tieguy

Banned
I wonder if the great pe pro will now make those part time sups read his post here since he did not have the guts to address his concerns at work:happy-very: