Part time

HarryWarden

Drivers can make 100k dropping off a package but god :censored2:ing forbid those part timers unloading get a raise lmao
Don’t get mistaken though, drivers work their ass off for that 100k, and that’s a lot of hours as well. They earn it, and deserve more IMO

But yeah part timers do deserve more and it’s disapointing to see americas new disrespect for “brainless” physical labor

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Don’t get mistaken though, drivers work their ass off for that 100k, and that’s a lot of hours as well. They earn it, and deserve more IMO

But yeah part timers do deserve more and it’s disapointing to see americas new disrespect for “brainless” physical labor

If it’s so brainless and easy why can’t they keep anyone lol?

HarryWarden

If it’s so brainless and easy why can’t they keep anyone lol?
Because it’s hard :censored2:ing work lol. I mean, for the most part, I’m not going to disagree that it’s “brainless”. I’m definitely not the smartest guy in the world and I can do it, but it’s hard. And the pay is crap. And sure the benefits are amazing, but when you’re hiring mostly highschool and college age guys who are still on their parents health care and don’t even know what a pension is, the job doesn’t seem worth it

I consider myself extremely fortunate I was thinking long term when I worked here, started at $8.50 an hour in 2010, I was making 3x the money at my other job delivering food

But the turnover rate is crazy and it’s not fair to the drivers that are getting their trucks loaded. They deserve to have long term employees who take pride in their work. You get what you pay for though

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Because it’s hard :censored2:ing work lol. I mean, for the most part, I’m not going to disagree that it’s “brainless”. I’m definitely not the smartest guy in the world and I can do it, but it’s hard. And the pay is crap. And sure the benefits are amazing, but when you’re hiring mostly highschool and college age guys who are still on their parents health care and don’t even know what a pension is, the job doesn’t seem worth it

I consider myself extremely fortunate I was thinking long term when I worked here, started at $8.50 an hour in 2010, I was making 3x the money at my other job delivering food

But the turnover rate is crazy and it’s not fair to the drivers that are getting their trucks loaded. They deserve to have long term employees who take pride in their work. You get what you pay for though

This pretty much sums it up.

HarryWarden

This pretty much sums it up.
Another point, how many part timers last 5 years to make that pension? Figure, between being on parents health care until 26 and not touching the pension, ups is getting dirt cheap labor on the majority of their force, but they can go around saying how much they give to them and still be true

Fact is, you’re going to attract a different set of workers and work ethic with how much you pay. Most people here since the 80s complain about how much worse the work ethic has gotten, but the wage also didn’t rise for 30 years. You were getting a totally different type of worker with 1980 wage than you do now

Last edited:

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Another point, how many part timers last 5 years to make that pension? Figure, between being on parents health care until 26 and not touching the pension, ups is getting dirt cheap labor on the majority of their force, but they can go around saying how much they give to them and still be true

None. Out of my entire hiring class I’m the only one that stayed. Rest of them quit. You don’t get many long term part time inside guys. They come and go.

I can’t blame them. it’s a combination of not caring about the benefits and simply being ignorant that they even exist.

Commercial Inside Release

Look around at the devastation to the US economy... Bumping the part timers pay might actually play a part in keeping the United States from circling the drain. Housing is so tight, it wouldn't take too much turmoil to make half of the zoomers homeless in the next 5 years.

UPS raises the pay, and other big employers do as well to find and keep workers. UPS might even benefit, since shipping volume shadows the economy and the level of personal disposable income spending.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

Fact is, you’re going to attract a different set of workers and work ethic with how much you pay. Most people here since the 80s complain about how much worse the work ethic has gotten, but the wage also didn’t rise for 30 years. You were getting a totally different type of worker with 1980 wage than you do now
Don't worry, boomers are leaving so less brain damaged people will take over

HarryWarden

Look around at the devastation to the US economy... Bumping the part timers pay might actually play a part in keeping the United States from circling the drain. Housing is so tight, it wouldn't take too much turmoil to make half of the zoomers homeless in the next 5 years.

UPS raises the pay, and other big employers do as well to find and keep workers. UPS might even benefit, since shipping volume shadows the economy and the level of personal disposable income spending.
Well said. It baffles me how many people on here say “well what about McDonald’s? Do they pay their part timers well?”

We are part of the most successful logistics company in the world with the one of the countries most powerful unions, we should be the ones leading the way and setting the example

Look at how much damage Walmart has done. They are one of the richest in the world and they have workers on government food stamps. We are paying for their employees with our taxes, that’s not right. Meanwhile they come in, decimate mom and pop shops

We deserve a little work life balance. People point to how much drivers make on full time, but they work their asses off for that to support their families, who they often don’t get to spend nearly as much time with as they’d like because they’re working 10-12 hours a day to get that money, and by the time they come home they’re absolutely beat

And all the while UPS is making record profits, double in some cases, and spending billions and billions of dollars just on stock buy backs, something both trump AND Bernie sanders says is not right, so they can line the pockets of corporate and shareholders

Last edited:

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
When I worked part time at UPS, I made $10 an hour, I worked on the twilight shift when I was still in high school, once I graduated I worked a FULL TIME job during the day. Then went to ups at night. I wanted to quit so bad cause all of my friends were making more money than me at McDonald’s, I stuck it out and went driving 3 years later when I turned 21. I do understand that part timers need a raise however, do they really deserve $25 an hour? It is a part time job. Stop saying it is brutally hard. I grew up on a farm and was raised that you have to go to work everyday. I am worried that If we go on strike that there will be massive lay offs after the fact. No I’m not in management but UPS has been a good place for me to work. I make more money then a lot of people where I’m from. Some days it’s heavy and I miss out on things. But In the end, this has been a great career for me… I am sorry if some of you guys disagree with me and I hope everyone hangs in there during these tough times. I hope we do not have massive lay offs After this. Stay strong everyone
Your dad milks horses

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Well said. It baffles me how many people on here say “well what about McDonald’s? Do they pay their part timers well?”

We are part of the most successful logistics company in the world with the one of the countries most powerful unions, we should be the ones leading the way and setting the example

Look at how much damage Walmart has done. They are one of the richest in the world and they have workers on government food stamps. We are paying for their employees with our taxes, that’s not right. Meanwhile they come in, decimate mom and pop shops

We deserve a little work life balance. People point to how much drivers make on full time, but they work their asses off for that to support their families, who they often don’t get to spend nearly as much time with as they’d like because they’re working 10-12 hours a day to get that money, and by the time they come home they’re absolutely beat

And all the while UPS is making record profits, double in some cases, and spending billions and billions of dollars just on stock buy backs, something both trump AND Bernie sanders says is not right, so they can line the pockets of corporate and shareholders

As long as I have my weekends off I’m good. No way I’m working weekends with these idiots lol