337 pieces
5 1/2 hour helper
48 miles
Took 30 minute lunch with the Helper
Took 30 minute lunch without Helper
Punched out at 18:25

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
255 stops today, 77 miles, no PUPS, we had a small load of late airs, but somehow I managed to not get any of them haha. Also had a big screw up with my helper... sheet had two names on it (I'd been getting two helpers on that route since one needed to be off at 4 and I needed him longer), nobody could get ahold of either helper, and of course I'm already at the first meet point organizing and waiting. The helper coordinator is somehow missing. Other person who's helping me is clueless, so I go about my business. Basically I didn't get a helper until 4 hours AFTER I was supposed to. It ended up alright though. I clocked out at 7:53

upsdude

Jeez those houses must have been right on top of each other!!

You could say that. At 1:30 we had 140 stops left. My helper is an outside hire, full of hustle, excellent with the diad, and has learned how to setup my residential areas stop for stop. While I'm setting up one side of the truck, he's setting up the other.

Forgot to add my 10 pickups/10 pieces to the list!

Attention Scratch! My helper is heading to college in Atlanta next month. LOL.

browndevil

In the management grind now 19 days straight without a day off....information flowing faster then i can absorb it all... plans changing daily....company now talking about shutting down all but a few hubs the day after christmas with no ground pickups that day....I need about 8 hours of quiet time to sit down and read and reread all the changing plans....tempers getting short......stupid management logic being applied as I constantly saw people using volume trends from the past week or month to predict this weeks volume levels...do they understand its peak?....todays is national free shipping day will it create a last minute surge on monday?....more information flowing..plans changed again.....voice mails off the hook......woa recieved two vm's in one day where the plans changed in each....air volume now getting heavy....woa equipment war over air trailers never seen that one before......ravens playing dallas saturday hope I stay awake....uh oh weather man using the dirty word for the east coast.... please no snow I hate delivering on xmas day......plans changed again.....customers calling wanting to know why their packages are late. Do they know about relaxed service?.....plans changed again.....have to train IE sups to help them learn how to help me.....deer accidents.....plans changed again.......two solid days of rain generated thirty red tagged trailers sitting in the yard with leaking roofs......plans changed again.......yard accidents increasing this month, district manager can't understand why apparently never seen peak congestion..conference calls to discuss the changing plans changed to a day earlier......contractors in the yard that looked like the soggy bottom boys.....plans changed again...corporate automotive actually thought they could simultaneously mandate a no red tags sitting/ no mechanics working overtime policy....plans changed again......dreamed about loading packages in a trailer have not done that in a while...dang plans changed again...sigh.........have a great peak everyone.:happy-very:
Your post has a Jack Kerouac flow to it......Thanks for the nice read:happy2:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Today: 223 stops, 288 pieces, 8 pick ups, 85 pieces, 147 miles punch out 12.5 no helper.....

The worst of it is; this is our first peak on PAS and the dispatcher swapped 80 juice stops off me today for 70 stops that I haven't run in years...at least I remembered it enough to know that the trace was FUBAR....

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
So I totally thought I had to work Saturday morning... but they told me last minute right before I clocked out last night that I didn't have to. So instead of resting up for some straight OT I went to a party and got drunk haha. That's the best end to a long week.

The guy who does time cards in the office was having a problem with my helpers time, so he calls me at like 11:30, and was quite mad that I was at a party and he was still at work haha.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think the stores ordered less this year anticipating a bad retail season.
My Walmart ran out of live trees 2 days ago. So those old timey folks who like to get their tree on Christmas eve are going to be disappointed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve? My mother had our tree up the first week of Dec and down the first week of Jan. I couldn't imagine trying to get a tree up and all the other festivities on Christmas Eve. Of course we have a big family so we were always going someplace on Christmas Eve.

thebrownbox

As a preloader it's pretty slow.. flow gets so slow sometimes we think it's a jam

however I hear on Christmas eve to expect a crap load of next day air to arrive...

funny thing is I made more last year while still paying my intuition fees then I have made so far this year..

start times for this coming week are:

Mon:1Am
Tues: 2:30Am
Wed: 3Am

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our start times M 9:30 T 9:45 W 9:45. The only thing that is going to help us make commit times is the fact that they are relaxed. 12 commit is now 1:30.
The bad thing is businesses aren't going to stay open later. If anything, they will be closing earlier this week.

brownrodster

A Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve? My mother had our tree up the first week of Dec and down the first week of Jan. I couldn't imagine trying to get a tree up and all the other festivities on Christmas Eve. Of course we have a big family so we were always going someplace on Christmas Eve.

Our family always put up 3 trees thanksgiving weekend. One in the living room, family room, and parents bedroom. And had a huge party Christmas eve, while Christmas day was for the immediate family.

Overpaid Union Thug

Friday I had 188 stops with 137 miles. Clocked out at 7:58. It was a semi-rural route that starts on the edge of town and works its way out into the sticks and back into town into a dense neighborhood that is usually divided among three drivers. Been on this route almost every day this peak. Easiest peak for me so far.

mlhradio

Strangely enough, Friday was the lightest day I've seen on my route as a driver's helper all month. As the days have progressed, they keep chopping off streets at the end of the normal route, as more packages are being delivered to streets earlier along the route - by Friday at least a third of the end of the route has been cropped. Package volume is still the same -- start the day with a truck chock-full of boxes -- and the number of stops remains about the same as well (between 180 and 210 every day for the past couple weeks), and ending the day with the truck chock-full of boxes again after the UPS Store pickup.

But on Friday everything went just swimmingly. Started out cloudy and humid, but cleared out during the day, sunny with temps in the high seventies, and we just flew through the route. Finished up early enough that for the first time in a couple of weeks I clocked in with less than eight full hours as a driver's helper. Of course, I'm sure that Monday will be a whole new day, and we'll both be running balls to the wall for three days straight. Bring it on!