Peak is here! How are you doing???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here--I haven't punched out past 1800 all Peak.

We had one wave of NDA which came in late and was not processed today so tomorrow will be heavy w/NDA but they are not cutting any areas and will be letting us use our helpers and, with no daily P/Us, it should be a fairly easy day. I plan on using the helper all day and then taking him out to lunch (on the clock, of course) before dropping him off and heading back to the center. I will then be off until either 1/2 or 1/5 but may come in to work New Year's Eve.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Will use my helper the same way, feed her too. She turned out to be a great asset, if not just because I had company, LOL. Since returning from NYC we haven't had any late air waves.

On another note, upstate; Have a great Christmas. Hope you and your family share great memories of your father, around a nice warm fire.:happy2:

Today was interesting. It snowed all day and I think we picked up about 5 new inches of the white stuff before it turned over to freezing rain. But at least the temps warmed up from yesterday's -3. So I was warm all day, but the tradeoff was all that trudging through unshoveled driveways, walkways and sidewalks (all with thick ice still underneath from the last few days). Plus a lot of the sidestreets saw no salting or plow action, and our truck struggled to maintain traction on those and turning it around in cul-de-sacs was a bitch.

We had 350 stops scheduled and got them all done except for about 50 which we will finish off tomorrow... not sure of the terminology on that but I wrote "EC" on all the remaining package's labels while my driver scanned them. I put in 8 hours again today and my driver put in 12.

I'm beat! No falls today, Thank God, but my thighs are tired from all the trudging. 8 hours of booting through snow is really exhausting as I'm sure all of you cold weather outdoorsmen & women can attest!

Supposed to get 2-4 more inches of snow tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm meeting my driver at 10 am and we're gonna try to get done earlier than the 8-9 pm timeframe from the past couple of days, to get him home to spend some Christmas eve quality time with his family.

Peace Out, Rod

S

speeddemon

Working at least 10.5 a day, for the last two weeks. I pick up my helper at 12 and use him untill Im done. Hes really good. Looking roward to having a 4 day weekend to spen with family after busting it for a while.

kopykat

Just a seasonal loader here, tomorrow is my last day. I have no idea how I am doing?!? Seems I spend a lot of time loading, when other seasonals are just standing there? I get sent off to other lines, even though we have plenty to do. Does this mean I suck at loading, it is a bit confusing.

kat

buttere

We certainly had a peak here, seemed the same as it has the past few years. It was a bit lighter today and they are predicting a light day tomorrow. Of course we're supposed to get more snow too, so it could still be a real long day. Today the temp made it to the 30's with a brisk wind that felt warm compared to the temps we've been having.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Same here--I haven't punched out past 1800 all Peak.

We had one wave of NDA which came in late and was not processed today so tomorrow will be heavy w/NDA but they are not cutting any areas and will be letting us use our helpers and, with no daily P/Us, it should be a fairly easy day. I plan on using the helper all day and then taking him out to lunch (on the clock, of course) before dropping him off and heading back to the center. I will then be off until either 1/2 or 1/5 but may come in to work New Year's Eve.
That's great for you, Upstate. I'm happy for you.
My day will be as it was today. All those rtes that will gain an hour or an hour and a half will not mean squat to me. They will not accomodate the garbage rtes. I will still get dumped on and while you are going home at 5/6 I will not be getting home until 10 or 11. Merry freaking Christmas.

Sorry Upstate, did not mean to dump on you. It's not your fault.:happy2:

brownrodster

We got annihilated today. Heaviest day of peak so far and still with much snow and bad roads. Left with over 300 stops. Delivered less than half. Worked 12 hours. Tomorrow will be the same. And again on Friday. We are hoping to catch up next week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will use my helper the same way, feed her too. She turned out to be a great asset, if not just because I had company, LOL. Since returning from NYC we haven't had any late air waves.

On another note, upstate; Have a great Christmas. Hope you and your family share great memories of your father, around a nice warm fire.:happy2:

Thank you, Steve, and the same to you and your family as you keep your mother in your heart during this time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's great for you, Upstate. I'm happy for you.
My day will be as it was today. All those rtes that will gain an hour or an hour and a half will not mean squat to me. They will not accomodate the garbage rtes. I will still get dumped on and while you are going home at 5/6 I will not be getting home until 10 or 11. Merry freaking Christmas.

Sorry Upstate, did not mean to dump on you. It's not your fault.:happy2:

Seniority sucks.

Dilli, this is the last day--shake it off and have a Merry Christmas.

BTW, I hope to be home by 4 today.

New Englander

My route as I left last night was predicted to be at 126 stops down from the 180 or so I've been doing this peak. I'm guessing it'll be 140. So I should have a 10hr day or so today.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My route as I left last night was predicted to be at 126 stops down from the 180 or so I've been doing this peak. I'm guessing it'll be 140. So I should have a 10hr day or so today.

Mine was predicted to be 250 yesterday and ended up at 300 with area taken off. Punched out at 930pm. Expecting the worst today with all the air. Merry Xmas.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Seniority sucks.

Dilli, this is the last day--shake it off and have a Merry Christmas.

BTW, I hope to be home by 4 today.
:happy-very: You sooooooooooo not nice!

You have a Merry Christmas too. At least I will have a 4 day weekend.

I wonder how many customers are going to pissed off because they didn't get p/u on w or friend. LOL I can hear it now, "I didn't know". It's only been posted on the web sight for how long now!

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
Yay it's finally over!

I worked 8.1 hours, 152 stops, 60 miles, no PUPS, no helper. We had late airs, again... but it wasn't a horrible thing this time. I think they only brought me about 15 stops and I was actually pretty close to the meet point when they called me.

Today was the first time in about a month I've gotten to WALK to each doorstep instead of jog, it was pretty nice. I hope to continue this walking whenever they need me again, which is going to be on New Years Eve, and then after that WHO the hell knows haha. Could be a little while...

I hope everyone has a good Christmas :)

705red

Browncafe Steward
We busted our rear ends this pek, 2 feet of snow over the last two weeks alone. Now that xmas is over these people will have to buy a shovel to clear their driveways or drive their lazy rear ends to palatine to pick up their packages. Im done walking through snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry xmas all!

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I'm surprised it's still daylight....I broke down and wore pants this week Here in San Diego it got down into the unbearable 50s at night....