Police Brutality & Executions

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a vague memory of being drunk and mouthing off to a cop one time when I was 17.

I also have a very clear memory of that cop slamming me against the door of his car, putting his forearm across my neck, putting his nose up against mine, and informing me in a very firm and loud tone of voice that my attitude was unacceptable and needed to change immediately. Which it did.

That cop did me a favor. I don't fear the police today, but I have a lot of respect for what they do and I show that respect by being courteous and cooperative on the rare occasions that I have dealings with them. And what I have discovered is that every cop I that I have ever been respectful and courteous to has been respectful and courteous right back to me. Funny how that works.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our local high school has a full time police officer assigned there. He walks the halls and tries to create an atmosphere of trust between the students, faculty and law enforcement, both on and off campus.

I see the Bubble of Goodness even extends to your High School. Ours has a full time cop also but he isn't there to gain anybody"s trust or respect. He is there to investigate stolen property claims, break up fights and keep things under control since the teachers aren't allowed to do it now.

soberups

Can't be done. Already done with young black men. But cops react differently depending on skin color. Or will we have "separate but equal" education on interacting with police?
We need more black cops.

We also need classes taught by cops, explaining police procedures to civilians.

bbsam

Staff member
I have a vague memory of being drunk and mouthing off to a cop one time when I was 17.

I also have a very clear memory of that cop slamming me against the door of his car, putting his forearm across my neck, putting his nose up against mine, and informing me in a very firm and loud tone of voice that my attitude was unacceptable and needed to change immediately. Which it did.

That cop did me a favor. I don't fear the police today, but I have a lot of respect for what they do and I show that respect by being courteous and cooperative on the rare occasions that I have dealings with them. And what I have discovered is that every cop I that I have ever been respectful and courteous to has been respectful and courteous right back to me. Funny how that works.
That's a nice story. A guy recently got shot for trying to show his ID. Really it was for being g black and making a sudden move to comply with the officer. But that's one of the rules for black men. No sudden moves.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
This day in time you just cant trust anybody,they enforce the LAW with out QuEsTiOn and BY Any Means necessary.

soberups

That's a nice story. A guy recently got shot for trying to show his ID. Really it was for being g black and making a sudden move to comply with the officer. But that's one of the rules for black men. No sudden moves.
I saw that video.

The cop needs to be fired and brought up on charges.

"No sudden moves" is a rule that anyone should follow when dealing with police, as a matter of common sense and courtesy as well as self-preservation. Cops have a dangerous job.

bbsam

Staff member
I saw that video.

The cop needs to be fired and brought up on charges.

"No sudden moves" is a rule that anyone should follow when dealing with police, as a matter of common sense and courtesy as well as self-preservation. Cops have a dangerous job.
Maybe it should be, but we know it isn't equally enforced. As it was in the sixties, "separate but equal is not equal".

wkmac

Maybe it should be, but we know it isn't equally enforced. As it was in the sixties, "separate but equal is not equal".

If it was separate but equal, black communities would rule and police themselves while making their own self determination as they see fit. Even money and banking would be self determined. But then so-called separate but equal is not required for this to happen either but I can see where such would threaten the status quo of power.

Brown echo

If it was separate but equal, black communities would rule and police themselves while making their own self determination as they see fit. Even money and banking would be self determined. But then so-called separate but equal is not required for this to happen either but I can see where such would threaten the status quo of power.
Why trying to make this a race issue?

wkmac

Why trying to make this a race issue?

Not. I just recognize the right of self determination of any community regardless of race. Black communities more than others are rarely allowed true self determination just as Native Americans are not allowed self determination. Inner cities are barely a step above the reservation system IMO.

If this makes me a racist then I wear the label proudly because first and foremost I defend the right of any community to self govern and self determine for itself.

Brown echo

Not. I just recognize the right of self determination of any community regardless of race. Black communities more than others are rarely allowed true self determination just as Native Americans are not allowed self determination. Inner cities are barely a step above the reservation system IMO.

If this makes me a racist then I wear the label proudly because first and foremost I defend the right of any community to self govern and self determine for itself.
Does that mean we ban you??