Production termination!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Are you saying that I should have used a whiteboard ?? :happy-very:

LOL, Um, yeah.
whiteboard.jpg

BigBrownSanta

The numbers I posted earlier were not meant to be used to condemn this guy. They were meant to show how much of a difference in actual time a drop of 3 SPORH can be. In both examples, the times are in addition to any overallowed the route may have had to begin with. In other words if the route was already planning at 1 hour overallowed, the 17 SPORH day would have shown up as 2 hrs 36 minutes overallowed on the morning report.

There are a great number of variables that can affect the SPORH. As I mentioned earlier, conducting union business on the phone could have been a factor. Bad loads that result in resorting the truck, excessive waits at meet points for customers, sups, or other drivers, splits in unknown areas, splits in low density/rural areas, providing personal service to his deliveries, duplicate stops because of "not found" packages, delivering exactly by EDD.... The list goes on and on. Basically, anything you do from the time you leave the building until you return to the building that is not a delivery or a pickup hurts your SPORH. One or two of these things by themselves won't explain the drop in SPORH, but a combination of a few of these variables could.

As I said in another thread about 3 day rides, the company controls many variables that can affect SPORH and by manipulating those variables can radically reduce a drivers SPORH. Once they get you "locked in", the games begin.

In my case, my truck became a training area for new preloaders. Every 3 weeks or so I would get a new preloader. About the time they learn the truck and start getting things into the right places, here comes another new preloader.

Another trick is to get you to go back to reattempt a delivery or meet a customer. You get there and they don't show up for 20 minutes. There's nothing you can do about it. If you leave, they just set another meet point which means another long wait.

Or maybe a sup needs to meet up with you to get a misload or drop one off and conveniently forgets how to get to where you are.

Anyways, all this typing and what I'm trying to get at is that I am not condemning this guy nor am I giving him a pass. I don't know all the facts. No one does.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was wondering the same thing about never being taught any methods. Yet she knows that she isn't following the correct method about the keys on the finger.

Doesn't give her side of the argument much credibility.

1st of all, it most certainly does have SOMETHING to do with me, and every other UPS stockholder. If you are not using the proper methods and it is taking you longer to complete your day's work and being overpaid for that day's work, it DOES EFFECT ME as a long time stockholder.

Out of one side of your mouth you say you were never taught any methods, while out of the other side of your mouth you stated you don't use the method you were taught to keep the keys on your finger. Which is it? Were you or were you not taught methods? It's statements like that the make one doubt any and everything you post.

Also, what's with the comment "go suck an egg"? Do you have a sucking fixation?

You two seem to be joined at the hip.

local804

I heard that the supervisor that performed the ojs wasnt even from his center. Why would they bring in another supervisor to perform an ojs? I also heard that there was 2 other drivers delivering part of his load the days of the ojs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I heard that the supervisor that performed the ojs wasnt even from his center. Why would they bring in another supervisor to perform an ojs? I also heard that there was 2 other drivers delivering part of his load the days of the ojs.
The sup that performed the OJS was not from that center but brought in the week before to get the area knowledge while the terminated driver was on vacation.

drewed

Shankman
Honestly I think if one of the sups from the center did it, it could be construde as singling him out by the centers management team

New Englander

The sup that performed the OJS was not from that center but brought in the week before to get the area knowledge while the terminated driver was on vacation.

My god. Does it really matter where the supervisor was from? The methods work no matter where the supervisor is from and are not route dependent.

Supervisors get shoved on assignments all the time.

Anything else?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...Another trick is to get you to go back to reattempt a delivery or meet a customer. You get there and they don't show up for 20 minutes. There's nothing you can do about it. If you leave, they just set another meet point which means another long wait...
My OMS knows that I will not meet customers on the road for this very reason. I have no problem going back to reattempt a delivery as my delivery area is quite dense (much like the driver) and I basically run the route twice, first for deliveries and second for pickups, but I have learned from experience not to meet customers on the road because their perception of time and mine differ greatly.

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
U r so right
...Another trick is to get you to go back to reattempt a delivery or meet a customer. You get there and they don't show up for 20 minutes. There's nothing you can do about it. If you leave, they just set another meet point which means another long wait...
My OMS knows that I will not meet customers on the road for this very reason. I have no problem going back to reattempt a delivery as my delivery area is quite dense (much like the driver) and I basically run the route twice, first for deliveries and second for pickups, but I have learned from experience not to meet customers on the road because their perception of time and mine differ greatly.

You can tell the drivers who are consistant on the WOR. I have never seen a driver with a GOOD ATTITUDE fired or even harrassed over production. I was 5 hours over the other day and the sup joked about it.

You can tell the drivers who are consistant on the WOR. I have never seen a driver with a GOOD ATTITUDE fired or even harrassed over production. I was 5 hours over the other day and the sup joked about it.
I wouldn't try a repeat performance anytime soon.