Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

People handle stress differently

correct. Stress is when your TAC Officer in flight school yells at for 45 minutes telling you that your a POS and will be kicked out of flight school because you can't roll your socks tight enough or your shoe polish cover wasn't shined to a mirror finish...

UPSGUY72

I will take a little different angle on this than everyone else on this thread so far. I have absolutely no advice to give you.

It is a personal decision and I wish you luck.

The main reason I come to this site is to learn. I look forward to hearing how this works out for you, and I hope you will continue to post here as you make the jump.

We have very little insight into management's perception and most of the posters on here are hourly. You could be a valuable resource going forward.

thanks

Overpaid Union Thug

correct. Stress is when your TAC Officer in flight school yells at for 45 minutes telling you that your a POS and will be kicked out of flight school because you can't roll your socks tight enough or your shoe polish cover wasn't shined to a mirror finish...

You won't remember that while you are getting verbally cut in half by a district manager for adding a route and missing stops per car by 0.05 stops. And then the next day chewed out again for cutting two routes and having 7 missed commercial stops and 10 late NDAs. Then the next day being told you are subhuman because the meteor that slammed into your driver's package car was a direct result of your failure to enforce the five seeing habits and ten point commentary.

You won't remember because you will be too concerned about losing your job and what little dignity you have left. Reminiscing about getting yelled at by some jackass over socks and shoe polish won't help your situation at all.

clean hairy

You are down 2 preloaders, everyone else has to try and get all the trucks loaded, and the drivers get out late.
Late air that day. Next day the bosses don't want excuses, they want to know why there was late air the day before. You were down 2 preloaders? Why did you let them take the day off? It is YOUR responsibility to have full staffing, you are to be staffed 100% every day from this day forward! If you can't motivate your employees to show up every day, we will find someone who can!
Also, being one of the newest in management ranks, should there be cuts made, you possibly would be one of the first cut. Might be you could accept a PT sup position due to cuts.

PT Car Washer

While I am sure you are joking about an on road sup being demoted to PT sup (maybe). I have seen a Labor manager demoted to Preload manager and demoted again to on road sup.

bbsam

Staff member
You won't remember that while you are getting verbally cut in half by a district manager for adding a route and missing stops per car by 0.05 stops. And then the next day chewed out again for cutting two routes and having 7 missed commercial stops and 10 late NDAs. Then the next day being told you are subhuman because the meteor that slammed into your driver's package car was a direct result of your failure to enforce the five seeing habits and ten point commentary.

You won't remember because you will be too concerned about losing your job and what little dignity you have left. Reminiscing about getting yelled at by some jackass over socks and shoe polish won't help your situation at all.
Corporate America sucks.

Overpaid Union Thug

Many, including me, have compared UPS a cult.
Cults are not necessarily bad though.
Chritianity turned out pretty well for many.
The cults I am talking about are bad. There are various definitions for the word. I am talking about a mind control cult. Mainstresm Christianity doesn't practice those techniques. Corporate UPS is comparable to The Watchtower Society that controls Jehovah's Witnesses. The techniques they use to control their people who fail or descent are cold and calculated. And the OP wants to be a part of that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The cults I am talking about are bad. There are various definitions for the word. I am talking about a mind control cult. Mainstresm Christianity doesn't practice those techniques. Corporate UPS is comparable to The Watchtower Society that controls Jehovah's Witnesses. The techniques they use to control their people who fail or descent are cold and calculated. And the OP wants to be a part of that.
Thanks for the objective explanation.
Now you can return to
Hating yourself

oldngray

nowhere special
Clockwork-Orange.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Thanks for the objective explanation.
Now you can return to
Hating yourself
More like.....

How dare you suggest that our policy is causing services failures!?!! Oh you have a "solution"!?!?!? Thanks but no thanks. And next time you try and fix anything you better be ready to pack your bags, put the house up for sale, and yank the kids out of school because you will be transferred.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You have to sit down and figure it all out. You have to figure out the pay increases v.s their pay increases. Health benefits v.s their health benefits. Factor in overtime, traveling, union dues. How much you lose in pension. It all has to be factored in when your making that decision. You have to factor in your time that you have in now. It really isn't a simple decesion unless you haven't work that long.
He would be leaving hundreds of thousands behind with the pension.... The 401k match won't make up for it...