Putting in My Letter of Intent

Overpaid Union Thug

There nothing wrong with the any Division of the Armed forces and which one you join or joined has nothing to due with your intelligence. If your implying that your mistaken...

Based on that comment and your desire to join management you clearly don't understand the concept of making intelligent decisions based on facts and real world data. And clearly didn't understand that my decision to forego the army was based on factors that made my choice an easy one as opposed to my choice having been made based on intelligence alone. I will admit I'm not the smartest guy on the planet but I was well informed enough to stay away from the army and UPS management.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
076_catfight_cat_gifs.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I totally understand that going into management is not for everyone. However there are a lot more opportunities in management that just ORS, center manager or DM but you need to get your foot in the door for those opportunities to open up. Also you need to understand what most management jobs really are. They are managing operations not trying to invent a new and improved wheel.
I don't know you from Adam but if you were my son or daughter i would stand by my post and STRONGLY advise against a management position with this company. i also believe that we are on this Earth to learn life lessons and we need to return to live new lives if we have made mistakes in past lives. if you don't get it right in this life you have to come back again and try.

i give my grown children advice when they ask for it. sometimes they listen sometimes they don't. sometimes they come back and say "Mom . i should have listened. " and sometimes it works out better their way.

usually experience learned advice wins out.

Overpaid Union Thug

The problem is that most drivers either don't have the education or skills to be a manager or have the skills and education but are just comfortable doing what they are doing.

I take all advise into consideration whether I agree or not I'll remember it. However that being said there are some people on BC that follow the misery like company idiom.

LOL! What "skills" are drivers lacking to be a manager? All you need is...

-to figure out how to participate in a conference call

-thick skin for conference calls and the rare moments when a district/region manager actually has the balls to come down and call you a second class citizen to your face

-the ability to chain smoke

-the ability to drink your stress away

-the ability to use email

-know how to create and read spread sheets and power point presentations (for when you are putting a case together to fire a driver after a drunk driver rear ends his truck while he's making a delivery)

-be able to lie to your employees' faces

-know how to exploit employees that don't know the contract

There's more but that is the basic core requirements.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know you from Adam but if you were my son or daughter i would stand by my post and STRONGLY advise against a management position with this company. i also believe that we are on this Earth to learn life lessons and we need to return to live new lives if we have made mistakes in past lives. if you don't get it right in this life you have to come back again and try.

i give my grown children advice when they ask for it. sometimes they listen sometimes they don't. sometimes they come back and say "Mom . i should have listened. " and sometimes it works out better their way.

usually experience learned advice wins out.
Keep in mind she hates management (and Mods). :blushing2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

-thick skin for conference calls and the rare moments when a district/region manager actually has the balls to come down and call you a second class citizen to your face

-know how to create and read spread sheets and power point presentations (for when you are putting a case together to fire a driver after a drunk driver rear ends his truck while he's making a delivery)

I was never pressured or taught to drink or smoke!

UPSGUY72

A lot don't have a college degree which is a requirement

Some people can't think on there feet and are unable to make split second good decisions..

You got to have thick skin doing any job at UPS

Never had and never will

Been there done that it doesn't work

some drivers have trouble using the Diad.

Yes a lot of people haven't a clue what power point is or excel and could put a spread sheet together if there life depended on it. I worked for the battalion S3 when I wasn't flying in the Army and that's all I did all the time.

That's up for debate...

Most SUP I know wouldn't do that. However your should know the contract as a union member...

Overpaid Union Thug

A lot don't have a college degree which is a requirement

Some people can't think on there feet and are unable to make split second good decisions..

You got to have thick skin doing any job at UPS

Never had and never will

Been there done that it doesn't work

some drivers have trouble using the Diad.

Yes a lot of people haven't a clue what power point is or excel and could put a spread sheet together if there life depended on it. I worked for the battalion S3 when I wasn't flying in the Army and that's all I did all the time.

That's up for debate...

Most SUP I know wouldn't do that. However your should know the contract as a union member...

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...letter-of-intent.367367/page-11#ixzz3sdFS2100

A college degree is overkill for the actual job requirements. Hell, a standard college degree outside of UPS is overkill nowadays. I think you are either just fed up with the work and management is your only way out without having to leave a career or you have let your degree get to your head and now you think the job is beneath you. Either way...... it's highly probable that you'll regret your decision.

ManInBrown

I had 170 stops today this what the back of my car looked like after 45 stops. Yesterday i had 6 missloads...

Should have seen my car yesterday. 195 stops. 390 pieces. entire shelf of 7000 and
I had 170 stops today this what the back of my car looked like after 45 stops. Yesterday i had 6 missloads...

I wish mine looked like that yesterday after 45 stops. 195 stops 380 pieces crammed into an 8 cube. Entire 7000 and 8000 work piled in the aisle. Very fun day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A college degree is overkill for the actual job requirements.
A college degree is overkill for 99% of the entry level jobs out there.
The real education begins once a person starts working.
What a college degree does is to give some assurance to the employer that the person can get things done, has some level of intelligence and can work within a structured environment.

Some of the dumbest people I met had Masters.
Some of the smartest did not have a high school degree.

I can't remember using anything I learned in college except writing and speaking skills. Everything else is high school at the highest.

Returntosender

A college degree is overkill for 99% of the entry level jobs out there.
The real education begins once a person starts working.
What a college degree does is to give some assurance to the employer that the person can get things done, has some level of intelligence and can work within a structured environment.

Some of the dumbest people I met had Masters.
Some of the smartest did not have a high school degree.

I can't remember using anything I learned in college except writing and speaking skills. Everything else is high school at the highest.
Don't you have degree in tech or writing code?