Quitting without notice questions.

NJ0311

I was hired recently as a helper, I got the job because I could use some extra money while I'm home from school on break. Unfortunately the jobs proving to take up too much time. It's not the work I can't handle it's just that I have things for school I need to work on and things around the house I need to get done.

Anyway my main question is do I need to give two weeks notice, or can I call Friday after my shift and tell them I can't do it anymore. I know a lot of places can keep your last paycheck if you don't give notice. But I also saw on here something about a 30 day trial which I would fall into, I'm just not sure if it applies to me because I'm only seasonal helper.

Please and thank you for your help.

barnyard

KTM rider
Call on Friday. Give your driver your brown's. The only time UPS will withhold your dough is if you do not turn in your browns. Being hired as a PT helper, then working 50+ hours a week is a bit overkill. You might also ask if you could help another driver. I only use my helper 2-4 hours a day.

NJ0311

I was with a few drivers before I got set up with this one and each one I was working about the same. They've told me a late time every morning when I call then call me few hours later saying they need me to meet my driver in twenty minutes because they have so much. I'm thinking its the extra packages from a mix of christmas stuff and people who lost things in the hurricane ordering more.

wayfair

swollen member
I was with a few drivers before I got set up with this one and each one I was working about the same. They've told me a late time every morning when I call then call me few hours later saying they need me to meet my driver in twenty minutes because they have so much. I'm thinking its the extra packages from a mix of christmas stuff and people who lost things in the hurricane ordering more.

no, it's because those drivers got too much work and need help trying to figure sheet out on the car while your shagging

ymelord

UPS doesn't give two weeks notice before they fire you so I don't feel bad for the company. Do what ever you want but, it's nice if you let them know as soon as possible.

If I was you I would dig deep man up and fulfill your commitment. Doing this will only help you later in life because you will know the real meaning of hard work. Man up and see it through.

wayfair

swollen member
If I was you I would dig deep man up and fulfill your commitment. Doing this will only help you later in life because you will know the real meaning of hard work. Man up and see it through.

50 hours a week.... EASY MONEY!!!!!!!! for a helper

oh yea... it's only for a few more weeks... BTW how long is your break from school?

NJ0311

50 hours a week.... EASY MONEY!!!!!!!! for a helper

oh yea... it's only for a few more weeks... BTW how long is your break from school?

I go back the end of december. But I'm in the process of trying to prepare stuff for interviews for when I get back to school. And since that can help me get into what I actually want to do for the rest of my life that takes priority over a part time job.