retaining seniority

searchlori

IM a 25+ driver and transferred to a 22.3 inside job and after 14 months went back to package. do I really lose all my driving seniority even though it is within the same building?

T

Turdferguson

IM a 25+ driver and transferred to a 22.3 inside job and after 14 months went back to package. do I really lose all my driving seniority even though it is within the same building?
Who told you that you lose your full time seniority?

upschuck

We only have building seniority here. You can change between any FT job, as much as you want, and keep your spot on the seniority list.

gorilla75jdw

In our Local if you jump classifications you do go to the bottom of the classification seniorty list . You still retain all your vacations (although you would pick vacations after everybody that is ahead of you in the new classification) , you would not lose any money unless you went to a job that paid less for the skill . Given your question , it's a definite "yes" , in our area .

Overpaid Union Thug

Not here. Full timers are all on the same seniority/bid list for the whole local.
Must be nice. My local is too concerned with pampering one particular building to do anything similar. But of course their excuse is that they are scared of a lawsuit if they were to make that move. I do think it would be better if that applied to company seniority instead for part-time bidding to full-time though. Don't people in the larger buildings get mad when a full-timer from an extended center who has less company seniority passes them for a full-time transfer?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited: