Retirement Plaque

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Shadow999, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Shadow999

Shadow999 Member

Does anyone have a picture they can post of the UPS retirement plaque?

2. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

You get a plaque????

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Ill frame a copy of my first pension check. That's all the Plaque I need.

4. UPSBOT

UPSBOT When UPS Was Fun

No plaque here. Retired July first. Are you talking Management?

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

For management they probably take them to the best restaurant in town, open bar, order whatever you want, a Rolex, a kilo of cocaine, strippers, and whores, the whole works.

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I wish!
    Decent restaurant with appetizers, no alcohol, nothing from UPS ... good times with your co-workers.
    And none of the above is a given ... it is my understanding that UPS will cover up to $500 if the management person has 25 years or more.
    I think a plaque is mailed a couple of months after retirement is official and maybe a gift from the 25 year catalog.
    I personally have never seen a retirement plaque.

7. brownmonster

When I retire I'll throw the party money no object. What's a couple grand amongst friends. Pocket change.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

When I throw a retirement party, no one from UPS will be invited ... period.
    Nothing personal but a retirement party to me will be about a new beginning (which will not include UPS).

I always thought the retirement party was to motivate the employees still working more than thanking the employee leaving.

9. brownmonster

I disagree. I want to rub it in. Might be different in the driver ranks. Working in a small Center, I'll invite everyone plus friends and family.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like my wife's bday every year lol

11. rod

rod retired and happy

They still talk about my retirement party around here. It was a 2 day event. Roasted a 300+ pound pig- went through 5 -16 gallon kegs plus who knows how many cases of beer. Had over 200 people attend. Burned all my brown clothes (I had a ton of them) in a big bonfire. People camped all over my yard. The highway dept. even put out a temporary "no left turn" sign at the end of my driveway because at the time I was living off of a State hwy that had just been turned into a divided hwy so I had requested they do that to avoid some idiot turning the wrong way into traffic. Most of the following week was spent cleaning up the mess------but it was worth it. The guys gave me alot of neat retirement presents plus as a group they chipped in and got me a $200.00 fishing rod a reel setup.

The Teamsters gave me a nice tool set, a very nice pen set and a set of liicense plate frames that said "Retired Teamster" on them.

UPS ------------nothing----------------but then again I wasn't expecting anything from them. After 30 years I knew how much they value their employees.

12. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

13. Shadow999

Shadow999 Member

Not managerment.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Retirees here, whether mgt or hourly, are given a nice party. The retiree receives a plaque, the spouse receives flowers and they put out a nice spread.

15. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

They plan to end that practice in about 4 or 5 years !!!

16. rod

rod retired and happy

And they lived happily ever after-------good night kids.