Retirement Plaque

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For management they probably take them to the best restaurant in town, open bar, order whatever you want, a Rolex, a kilo of cocaine, strippers, and whores, the whole works.

I wish!
Decent restaurant with appetizers, no alcohol, nothing from UPS ... good times with your co-workers.
And none of the above is a given ... it is my understanding that UPS will cover up to $500 if the management person has 25 years or more.
I think a plaque is mailed a couple of months after retirement is official and maybe a gift from the 25 year catalog.
I personally have never seen a retirement plaque.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I retire I'll throw the party money no object. What's a couple grand amongst friends. Pocket change.

When I throw a retirement party, no one from UPS will be invited ... period.
Nothing personal but a retirement party to me will be about a new beginning (which will not include UPS).

I always thought the retirement party was to motivate the employees still working more than thanking the employee leaving.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When I throw a retirement party, no one from UPS will be invited ... period.
Nothing personal but a retirement party to me will be about a new beginning (which will not include UPS).

I always thought the retirement party was to motivate the employees still working more than thanking the employee leaving.

I disagree. I want to rub it in. Might be different in the driver ranks. Working in a small Center, I'll invite everyone plus friends and family.

rod

Retired 22 years
I disagree. I want to rub it in. Might be different in the driver ranks. Working in a small Center, I'll invite everyone plus friends and family.

They still talk about my retirement party around here. It was a 2 day event. Roasted a 300+ pound pig- went through 5 -16 gallon kegs plus who knows how many cases of beer. Had over 200 people attend. Burned all my brown clothes (I had a ton of them) in a big bonfire. People camped all over my yard. The highway dept. even put out a temporary "no left turn" sign at the end of my driveway because at the time I was living off of a State hwy that had just been turned into a divided hwy so I had requested they do that to avoid some idiot turning the wrong way into traffic. Most of the following week was spent cleaning up the mess------but it was worth it. The guys gave me alot of neat retirement presents plus as a group they chipped in and got me a $200.00 fishing rod a reel setup.

The Teamsters gave me a nice tool set, a very nice pen set and a set of liicense plate frames that said "Retired Teamster" on them.

UPS ------------nothing----------------but then again I wasn't expecting anything from them. After 30 years I knew how much they value their employees.

Big Babooba

skull_tombstone.jpg
skull_tombstone.jpg