Routes going out next Sunday?

aiian

Sunday is strictly voluntary at straight pay for hours worked. Work as long (or short) as you want.

Our District Manager basically said that Monday will be so overwhelming that there's no chance we'd be able to get the work in and out in a day... or three.

Friday (the 25th) will be double time for hours worked as it would be our 6th punch.

I'm all for it, I don't want to be out all night on Christmas Eve. Santa has a lot of :censored2: to do this year.

UPSmechanicinblue

I see everyone's talking about the DOT hour reset is why they can't work Saturday. Does anyone realize it's gone now?

FMCSA suspends enforcement of certain sections of the Agency’s Hours of Service (HOS) rules as required by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015, enacted December 16, 2014. Specifically, FMCSA suspends the requirements regarding the restart of a driver’s 60- or 70-hour limit that drivers were required to comply with beginning July 1, 2013. The restart provisions have no force or effect from the date of enactment of the Appropriations Act through the period of suspension, and such provisions are replaced with the previous restart provisions in effect on June 30, 2013. FMCSA provides this notice to motor carriers, commercial drivers, State Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program grant recipients and other law enforcement personnel of these immediate enforcement changes.

DATES: The suspension of enforcement of § 395.3(c) and (d) is effective as of 12:01 a.m. on December 16, 2014.

Notretiredyet

The powers that be decided to ask for volunteers to work on Saturday rather than Sunday in this area. Preload is working in AM loading, we go out at 10am with our own load/ truck and attempt to get rid of as much as we can in our available hours. Most of my route is heavy industrial but I've got 50-60 resi stops at the end of day that I'll be able to del if I can dig them out. Going to ask around today if some of my dumps are going to accept pkgs on sat since they have people there 24/7. At least now I'll have a chance on Monday when the Amazon from Sunday's sort buries us.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I see everyone's talking about the DOT hour reset is why they can't work Saturday. Does anyone realize it's gone now?

FMCSA suspends enforcement of certain sections of the Agency’s Hours of Service (HOS) rules as required by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015, enacted December 16, 2014. Specifically, FMCSA suspends the requirements regarding the restart of a driver’s 60- or 70-hour limit that drivers were required to comply with beginning July 1, 2013. The restart provisions have no force or effect from the date of enactment of the Appropriations Act through the period of suspension, and such provisions are replaced with the previous restart provisions in effect on June 30, 2013. FMCSA provides this notice to motor carriers, commercial drivers, State Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program grant recipients and other law enforcement personnel of these immediate enforcement changes.

DATES: The suspension of enforcement of § 395.3(c) and (d) is effective as of 12:01 a.m. on December 16, 2014.
So, if someone had worked 60 hours, are you saying that the can work Saturday?