sanctuary cities

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Miami-Dade mayor orders jails to comply with Trump crackdown on ‘sanctuary’ counties

Fearing a loss of millions of dollars for defying immigration authorities, Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez on Thursday ordered county jails to comply with federal immigration detention requests — effectively gutting the county’s position as a “sanctuary” for immigrants in the country illegally.

Gimenez cited an executive order signed Wednesday by President Donald Trump that threatened to cut federal grants for any counties or cities that don’t cooperate fully with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Since 2013, Miami-Dade has refused to indefinitely detain inmates who are in the country illegally and wanted by ICE — not based on principle, but because the federal government doesn’t fully reimburse the county for the expense.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Philadelphia has the lowest crime rate since '79. Sanctuary city. Guess no one is enforcing?
Homicide Victims
Up 37% as opposed to this time last year. This is right from the Philadelphia Police website. I do not know if the sanctuary status has anything to do with it. But Mayor Kenny will change his tune when the money dries up.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Donald Trump's 'Comprehensive Immigration Reform' is Much Broader Than Expected - Breitbart

Here’s a list of very important measures hidden in the details. For example, immigration officers are being allowed the day-to-day ability to enforce the law as they see fit. Under Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, the officers were merely robots under the slow and long-distance control of D.C-based “civil rights” lawyers, whose first priorities were the political interests of their immigration-boosting political bosses.
Trump offers immigration agencies more legal pathways to quickly return the migrants to their homelands, sometime bypassing civil lawsuits.

Section 6. Detention for Illegal Entry.
This detention requirement is huge because it means the end of President Barack Obama’s post-2014 “catch and release” policy. The Obama policy has forced officers to release many migrants once they cross the border, allowing the migrants to join their extended families throughout the United States. In contrast, Trump’s plan will deter migrants, who will know that if they are caught, they must spend days or months in U.S. detention facilities before being sent home to face unpaid and angry coyotes.

Section 7. Return to Territory.
That’s also big, because it means that Trump will return migrants home until lawyers and perhaps courts decide if they can win asylum in the United States. That initial return will also deter migration because migrants will know they can’t get a job in the United States while their legal claims are processed over months or years.

Section 9. Foreign Aid Reporting Requirements
By calculating where the aid money is going, they’ll be able to nudge the Mexican government towards wall-related payments — or face the additional threat of losing aid funds.

Local law enforcement officials will have authority to perform the functions of immigration officers.
The Justice Department can fund state and local cops to pick up illegal immigrants for repatriation by the Department of Homeland Security. This rule means that illegals living far from the border can now expect repatriation orders when they’re arrested for minors crimes, such as drunk-driving, fights, thefts, and other offenses that have been ignored by deputies working for Obama and Bush.

Section 11. Parole, Asylum and Removal
This “parole” rule shuts an mini-amnesty backdoor created by Obama’s deputies. Under Obama, many illegals were given permission to return to the United States under “parole” prior to taking a quick trip home. This early permission meant that the illegals — including many students enrolled in American colleges — could re-enter the United States legally and then start applying for various forms of residency and amnesty.
This “plain language” rule shuts down Obama’s post-2011 program for allowing Central American migrants into the United States. So far, at least 350,000 unskilled Central American migrants have been allowed to apply by asylum by claiming they have a “credible fear” of violence if they return home.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Santa Ana cements status as sanctuary city

SANTA ANA – Two weeks after Santa Ana became the first Orange County municipality to adopt a resolution declaring itself a sanctuary for all residents regardless of immigration status, the City Council on Tuesday unanimously voted in favor of a corresponding ordinance adding teeth to that commitment.

Councilman Vincent Sarmiento acknowledged concerns among some community members that President-elect Donald Trump and his administration would pull federal funding from sanctuary cities, but, “we feel it’s so important that it’s a risk we have to take.”

Homeless population skyrockets at Civic Center in Santa Ana

In two years, Gonzalez’s adopted family in downtown Santa Ana doubled to more than 500, and the annual number of people left homeless in Orange County jumped nearly 20 percent.

Local homeless experts, law enforcement, volunteers and homeless people point to two key causes for the explosion: Skyrocketing rents forced many out of apartments and into their cars. And Proposition 47, approved by voters in 2014, reduced prison populations by cutting penalties for certain inmates, but it also put them on the streets with little or no support.

Another California city quickly entering a 3rd world status??

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Murder rate and crime rate are two different things. TTKU.

Donald Trump falsely tells GOP Philly homicides are ‘terribl
So what are you saying murder doesn't count ? There has been 27 homicides as of yesterday in January one less than 2007 which was 28, and more than every other year since. I have police in the family and close friends in the Phila.PD . Did you know that the FOP is taking a vote whether to obey local policy or Federal law.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So what are you saying murder doesn't count ? There has been 27 homicides as of yesterday in January one less than 2007 which was 28, and more than every other year since. I have police in the family and close friends in the Phila.PD . Did you know that the FOP is taking a vote whether to obey local policy or Federal law.
No I did not know that. I have family and friends that are cops as well. My original point was the overall crime rate, not that murder doesn't count. ALL crimes, that's all brother.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Trump may have a problem with the lawsuits coming .
He has said no to cuts with law enforcement grants and the illegal loving mayors see that as way to stop him .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Santa Ana cements status as sanctuary city

SANTA ANA – Two weeks after Santa Ana became the first Orange County municipality to adopt a resolution declaring itself a sanctuary for all residents regardless of immigration status, the City Council on Tuesday unanimously voted in favor of a corresponding ordinance adding teeth to that commitment.

Councilman Vincent Sarmiento acknowledged concerns among some community members that President-elect Donald Trump and his administration would pull federal funding from sanctuary cities, but, “we feel it’s so important that it’s a risk we have to take.”

Homeless population skyrockets at Civic Center in Santa Ana

In two years, Gonzalez’s adopted family in downtown Santa Ana doubled to more than 500, and the annual number of people left homeless in Orange County jumped nearly 20 percent.

Local homeless experts, law enforcement, volunteers and homeless people point to two key causes for the explosion: Skyrocketing rents forced many out of apartments and into their cars. And Proposition 47, approved by voters in 2014, reduced prison populations by cutting penalties for certain inmates, but it also put them on the streets with little or no support.

Another California city quickly entering a 3rd world status??

And this is the city they want us to appear in for jury duty.......I'll keep throwing notices in the trash and refuse to be told I have to go the Santa Ana.....screw them!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I did my service last August .
I knew going in that we would not be seated that day .
Because from personal experiences I know most sitting judges take that month off .
And the replacement judges or known as roaming judges , most have to travel from afar , are looking for a short day .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mandatory retirement for all LEOs and Judges in Ma. is age 70 .
And they do not have to appear for jury duty , but they are the ones who repeatedly get jury notices .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
nice try but he just got paroled. you'll find him out on the left coast taking another tax payer funded vacation
he left there on a private jet because of the rain , he's out of the country now on a private island that belongs to a Brit .