Season helper - anyone had problems with their driver?

Overpaid Union Thug

It's obvious that most of the drivers that are bashing the helper are probably running and gunning bonus babies. Or just don't have the balls to work by the methods during peak. So sad. LOL! Oh but please DO keep trying to find that perfect helper that can accommodate your shortcuts so you can be a hero. The rest of us end up benefiting the most when your routes absorb work from ours. Just like during non peak months. LOL!

Jonathan Carlson

I think I see what you mean now. He was being called out at the last minute to replace no shows.

Nope, got texts early in the morning every day. I have committed, shown-up, and worked for 5 days now. (3 of those days in the rain)

And once he refused to work as directed, the driver terminated his employment with UPS. At that point the driver has to consider if it is safe or wise to drive the disgruntled former employee in the truck. The driver could be fired for giving a ride to a non-employee. If the driver was given the go ahead to terminate the helpers job. It is likely that management was aware of problems with the helper since he was not assigned to the first driver after day 1.

Drivers terminate employment? You love to tell people to do their job, but then take over HR when it's convenient? We are independent contractors hired by UPS. You really have no basis for your little rant here.

Jonathan Carlson

A formal complaint....so you have time to do that....but you don't have time to find a real job? That still doesn't mean he's going to get fired.....lol

Did you get a lawyer like you said you were going to?

I have a real job - it's in real estate. No lawyer yet...lawyers don't work or dress like they're brown Labradors. I imagine many took some time off around Christmas.

Sadly, it's probably more fun for him to ruin the driver's life.

I have been fired once in my life, for far less. The world is not fair. But sometimes people get exactly what they deserve.

Anthonysg0113

It's obvious that most of the drivers that are bashing the helper are probably running and gunning bonus babies. Or just don't have the balls to work by the methods during peak. So sad. LOL! Oh but please DO keep trying to find that perfect helper that can accommodate your shortcuts so you can be a hero. The rest of us end up benefiting the most when your routes absorb work from ours. Just like during non peak months. LOL!
I've worked by the methods every night this peak. Averaging 11 to 12 hrs a night. I don't run or gun. I've laughed all the way to the bank! But this helper is a crybaby.

35years

Gravy route
Nope, got texts early in the morning every day. I have committed, shown-up, and worked for 5 days now. (3 of those days in the rain)
Drivers terminate employment? You love to tell people to do their job, but then take over HR when it's convenient? We are independent contractors hired by UPS. You really have no basis for your little rant here.
5 whole days, even in the rain.
Wow!
Please tell me more about how UPS works.

Jonathan Carlson

I've worked by the methods every night this peak. Averaging 11 to 12 hrs a night. I don't run or gun. I've laughed all the way to the bank! But this helper is a crybaby.

Nope, not at all. I've had worse jobs than this. But I've never met such a temperamental person with no management experience. It's kind of UPS's fault. He's 26 and no one's trained him to work with anyone. He's alone all year.

5 whole days, even in the rain.
Wow!
Please tell me more about how UPS works.

Well, I think they should consider letting the drivers leave earlier, and the packages that come in late from Logan could be handled by subcontractors making $10 an hr instead of $50. That's one idea! Maybe they would get done before dark!

35years

Gravy route
I have a real job - it's in real estate. No lawyer yet...lawyers don't work or dress like they're brown Labradors. I imagine many took some time off around Christmas.

I have been fired once in my life, for far less. The world is not fair. But sometimes people get exactly what they deserve.
Now he is insulting all who wear the brown uniform.
Troll
images

Overpaid Union Thug

He got left on the side of the road by an A Hole. Who wouldn't be upset about that? LOL. Sure.... he's clearly taken it too far now but he was right to be upset. Now if he'd just get over it and go away.

Overpaid Union Thug

He should have left him by the side of the road with a handcart and a pile of resis and set up a meet point. :)
Maybe. But the driver probably would have expected him to be finished and back at the meat point in a third of the time it actually takes to complete the work. So, he probably would have been abandoned in that scenario too. LOL!

Ms.PacMan

Maybe. But the driver probably would have expected him to be finished and back at the meat point in a third of the time it actually takes to complete the work. So, he probably would have been abandoned in that scenario too. LOL!
I would have given the little snot plenty of time or my cell number. Rinse and repeat. And I would bet he would have abandoned the packages and gladly walked his pompous ass back to his car of his own free will.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Poor, sweet baby.

Why aren't you out selling houses instead of humping cardboard?

No good at sales?

Well, I think they should consider letting the drivers leave earlier, and the packages that come in late from Logan could be handled by subcontractors making $10 an hr instead of $50. That's one idea! Maybe they would get done before dark!

You really have no clue about how UPS works, do you?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nope, not at all. I've had worse jobs than this. But I've never met such a temperamental person with no management experience. It's kind of UPS's fault. He's 26 and no one's trained him to work with anyone. He's alone all year.

$10/hr..Oh you mean like driver helper wages??? :rofl:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Yeah that'll work
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450848215.694289.jpg