Season helper - anyone had problems with their driver?

I'm 51.
I work at my "real" job 1 month out of 3, 100 hours a week. This is my fourth year of peak and I generally enjoy it. I do about 50 hours a week and get along great with my driver.
I don't need this job, but it's fun. I'm in shape and enjoy the fast pace.
It's my choice and I won't work with an a**hole driver. I'm here to help you out, not be treated like crap.
Do you still live at home?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am 7 pages in and I still think the helper is a :censored2: !!!!!

nawww.gif

I should have stopped at Post 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Drivers are human and do have bad days.

I had to let my helper go yesterday. I was having a bad day and the culmination of incidents with this person had me reach my breaking point. He had called in one day and told me had to leave early on three other days. Yesterday he kept asking when we would get done and how he would get back to his car. Keep in mind that these questions began shortly after I picked him up.

The helper that I had for the one day that my previous one did not work was amazing. I would love to keep her for the rest of Peak but she was trained by and primarily assists another driver and it wouldn't be fair to him for me to "borrow" her.

I will have the center manager's daughter, who is home from college, for the last 4 days. Should be interesting.
Just be careful. While the manager's daughter might not have an agenda, the manager might.

PT Car Washer

You're thinking about it backwards. Low pay doesn't lead to mediocre work, mediocre work leads to low pay. The kind of people getting these low paying jobs are more often the kind of people who are mediocre workers. Better workers get higher paying jobs.
Which is why UPS can not keep good PT workers. They all move on to better paying jobs. Usually in a month or so.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm 51.
I work at my "real" job 1 month out of 3, 100 hours a week. This is my fourth year of peak and I generally enjoy it. I do about 50 hours a week and get along great with my driver.
I don't need this job, but it's fun. I'm in shape and enjoy the fast pace.
It's my choice and I won't work with an a**hole driver. I'm here to help you out, not be treated like crap.
You lost me at "fun".

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Yea...please enlighten us, Driver Helper about the evils of management. Have you ever even seen a UPS manager in a building?
I'd give the same advice regardless of what company is involved. It's an old trick in the book.
BB58-
post 125 may be in context with previous posts concerned with a possible set-up/trap of Dave by center manager's daughter.
That too.

trickpony1

Over the years I've known several people who have gotten too comfortable with their job. They no longer work here.

I don't like or dislike Dave I just don't want to see him lose his job because he got too "comfortable".

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Why in Gods name would a center manager put his daughter and through that for 40 bucks aftr tax?
Life lessons.

Trump makes his kids do every job that his companies hire for including scrubbing toilets.

Give them a sense of appreciation instead of a sense of entitlement.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

nawww.gif

Yup...pretty much. The only way that driver might've ran into trouble dumping his helper is if the guy got hit by a car or something while walking the mile back to his car.

Overpaid Union Thug

nawww.gif

Yup...pretty much. The only way that driver might've ran into trouble dumping his helper is if the guy got hit by a car or something while walking the mile back to his car.
The driver is a :censored2: and an A Hole. Only that type of person would do that to a helper. Why abandon a helper like that? Because he wasn't "fast" enough? LOL. It's just a job delivering packages for Christ's sake! LOL!

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The driver is a :censored2: and an :censored2:. Only that type of person would do that to a helper. Why abandon a helper like that? Because he wasn't "fast" enough? LOL. It's just a job delivering packages for Christ's sake! LOL!
Last time I checked....there are 2 sides to a story and we're only reading one side. Of course the whiny helper is going to paint himself in a positive light and make the driver look like he's the devil for leaving him. "I was just doing my job and he kicked me out and drive off."
Yea...like a kid's explanation for getting into a fight at school. "I didnt do anything....he just walked up and punched me for no reason." I don't buy it.