Seniority

RJL

Ive been with ups for a little over a year now and my sup told me to switch jobs with a lower seniority employee. He told me that my seniority didn't matter on what job I do within the building. Is this true? Can my sup make me work a lower seniority job?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ive been with ups for a little over a year now and my sup told me to switch jobs with a lower seniority employee. He told me that my seniority didn't matter on what job I do within the building. Is this true? Can my sup make me work a lower seniority job?
Ask your shop steward.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

You're a part time package handler. It's work as directed unless your supplement says otherwise.

Or take the lower seniority employee out back and bust him in the kidneys with a ball bat or sock n lock...

SameRightsForAll

Try to avoid any premature rebellion no matter how much of a prick or slacker the other guy might appear to be. With much of the building crew being slightly unpredictable with call-ins and such, nothing is guaranteed from day to day and to meet their numbers the management might switch people around in a heartbeat notice.

If you ask the supervisors the right questions and in front of other people it can be just as effective as being rebellious whenever you're forced to do something on a short notice that doesn't feel right at the time.

The best I can tell you is learn how to be peacefully political.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its not exactly a life route. You can still bid on other routes. It is just yours until you decide to give it up. After a while it gets old running a different route every day and its time to settle down and get your own route. Then you pretty much have the same work every day so you can just shut off your brain and deliver.

box_beeyotch

Its not exactly a life route. You can still bid on other routes. It is just yours until you decide to give it up. After a while it gets old running a different route every day and its time to settle down and get your own route. Then you pretty much have the same work every day so you can just shut off your brain and deliver.

True and I may feel different when I get older and have a family, but for right now I enjoy mixing things up

UPSGUY72

You don't bid jobs as a PT employee the only time your seniority applies is when picking vacations and bidding jobs (ie Sat Air, PT Air driver ). That being said you go and due what they tell you. As long as you pay doesn't change (go down ) you don't have a complaint. They move PT employees around all the time usually because someone can't do the job correctly or fast enough.

IMO the best job on the preload shift is working in the primary ( unloaders, sorters ). Unless your building has a FT preload that pays the preloaders driver rate. Than that job is the one to have.

PT Car Washer

In the Central Region Supplement, if you have a preferred job, they must pull you out of your area by seniority. But yes your sup can tell you to work as directed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or until someone above you loses their route and bumps you.