Shouldered by a supervisor

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I'm afraid there is a higher level of labor play taking place here and I'm having a hard time getting you folks to understand what I'm saying and having a hard time getting you to focus on all facets of the game. You're getting hung up on one part or another and not the taking in the whole scenario.

Thank you....does everyone....understand or get it now. You do not have to agree but thats what it is.

Red705 you have been mighty silent since you posted this thread. I think too many people know you post here and now things do not look so clear cut and you may have unfairly accused someone of violence in the workplace. If I am wrong, so be it.

I'm afraid there is a higher level of labor play taking place here and I'm having a hard time getting you folks to understand what I'm saying and having a hard time getting you to focus on all facets of the game. You're getting hung up on one part or another and not the taking in the whole scenario.

Thank you....does everyone....understand or get it now. You do not have to agree but thats what it is.

Red705 you have been mighty silent since you posted this thread. I think too many people know you post here and now things do not look so clear cut and you may have unfairly accused someone of violence in the workplace. If I am wrong, so be it.

Or,as he posted,he is on vacation and a little too busy to sit and join us in the sewing circle.

whiskey

Agreed ... I agree with everything you said .
I was not implying that Grunt did not respect the military and sincerely do not think that is true.
I was simply following his logic that the Marines and UPS did the same thing and he did not respect UPS.
I did follow my logical deduction with a question mark.
Damage control?

redshift1

Five pages of posts following unsubstantiated allegations of a bump and the mob is already carrying torches to the castle, The Oxbow Incident revisited.

SKAGITDRIVER

you need to call the police and report an assault then get the names of all the witnesses ready for the police at this point you need to cover your ass then call your business agent and file a grievance for harrassment

hdkappler

:happy2:
He's probably spending some of that Chicago money up here in Wisconsin. Or in mourning after the Pack snuck by The Bears.
:happy2:i wish him luck.(pack snuck by the bears)anyone can get lucky.(next time bears meet the pack.)the bears are going to kicka-s.i would like to have a pack shirt/next week i'am going to polish my car.i wish red luck.
)

tieguy

Banned
I did not agree with Brown Suit. It is your vacation and you are going to have to hand this supervision his pills now. I work for UPS part time have been there 15 years. Now my full time is job is working inside of a court room, working with the police and judges 5 days a week 9 hours a day. It does not matter where you live if you are going to press charges do it now. do not wait. The supervisor's lawyer or UPS's first question will be why did you wait so long. Will you say because it was my vacation, not good to say. If you don't press the charges then you will need to call your BA, call the 8oo#, note what happen date time who saw what where you were in the building. If you file the charges you have a better chance of getting film the company my have because if the they bring it to court the CA or PA for that state may tell UPS to hand over the film of the issue. File the paper work UPS will not let hourlys get by this,no one should be acting this why at work. I could understand some verbal disagreement because of the pressure they put on the drivers, but he went to far. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire in order to portect you rights. good luck.

If you work in a legal position in your other job then you must realize that the police do not like to get involved in these types of affairs?

Once you open that can of worms what next. Does management call in the police every time a hot driver threatens to whip someones ass?

Calling in the police will not be with out repercussions.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If you work in a legal position in your other job then you must realize that the police do not like to get involved in these types of affairs?

Once you open that can of worms what next. Does management call in the police every time a hot driver threatens to whip someones ass?

Calling in the police will not be with out repercussions.

Workplace violence is in the news today in New Haven Ct where that girl was murderesd at Yale. Yes its probably better to involve the police earlier than later. That makes their job easier than waiting until it gets farther out of control.

A few years back, we had a pt in the unload come out and deck the preload sup. He was subdued by another pt'er and taken to JAIL when the police got there and that's how it should be. We can't wait and see if some hot head wants to bring his gun next time. Clean the pipes, these types need to go elsewhere. There are too many good people out of work today to excuse this behavior as something he can work on.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Wow, what a pretty good discussion going here. I have been out of town in New Mexico attending a labor class that my Local sent me for over the last week. It was a pretty intense class and all of my free time out side of the class was spent on homework and research for the class.

I would like to thank the majority of the posters that have given good advice on how to handle this. I have stepped back from this situation and have allowed another steward to handle this and I am now looking at it from a grievants angle.

To tie and dragon, you both have really showed how UPS operates in these situations. UPS is unable to treat an employee that also happens to be a steward as just an employee. You have showed that UPS will do what ever it takes to single out someone for their union activity. I am an employee first and do my job to the best of my ability. It has been several years since I have even been talked to for anything in an official capacity related with performing my package car job with UPS.

Now if UPS would adhere to and honor the contract they would not have to deal with me or other stewards. As an employee I am protected by not only the contract but several other laws for discrimination for my dealings as a union steward.

And if you read ties posts, he condones violence against me because of my union activity. When I am acting as a steward or an employee, I do not have the right to touch another person employee or not, and it should work the same in return.

The supervisor is still working, so UPS's own policy has now been thrown out the window! The steward said that there is a video tape, but I will bet money that it will disappear, because everything I have stated is the truth. No one to my knowledge has even been interviewed so UPS has really opened itself up here. Any union employee that I have represented for violence in the work place has been taken out of service so that they may get to the bottom of it, and to protect the other employees in case the charges are serious. It appears that maybe the employees might have to defend themselves because UPS will not provide a safe workplace.

This is not the first harassment charge against this sup. That all I will get into on this, so that no legal ramifications come back, but he was promoted after the complaint!

I am an employee first and I have been elected by the employees to represent their best interest and the contracts. Now if UPS has a problem with that TOO BAD! I fully expect to get fired Monday morning when I arrive to work, and I am prepared to fight this through the grievance procedure, NLRB, DOL, and if need be through the court system.

As an employee or a steward on UPS property I have the right to a Violence free environment! If you don't like me as a steward, don't violate the contract and you wont have to deal with me. If you don't like me as an employee because YOU make it impossible to deliver all the airs on time and you don't know how to do your job and get air help as you were instructed to do by your boss the manager, than either figure out how to do your job or quit! But do not put your hands on me again!

tieguy

Banned
And if you read ties posts, he condones violence against me because of my union activity. When I am acting as a steward or an employee, I do not have the right to touch another person employee or not, and it should work the same in return.

I think if you read all my posts you would have seen that I condemn the possible "code red" situation here if it exists.

The point I've had made or tried to make here is that as the hell raiser you are its going to be difficult to capture the role of the victim here.
Hope it all works out for you.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I think if you read all my posts you would have seen that I condemn the possible "code red" situation here if it exists.

The point I've had made or tried to make here is that as the hell raiser you are its going to be difficult to capture the role of the victim here.
Hope it all works out for you.
You see me as a hell raiser, why? Because i refuse to allow people and the contract to be violated? I admit there are times where people need to be scared crap-less, but not every time. Many of the times I'm in the office its the company attempting to intimidate the employee, and ifs uncalled for I will not allow it. There are managers that do not want me to show up in their center, because of this. But at the same time when an employee asks for me, the topic gets dropped. So who really is the one playing games?

Again as an employee it has been years since I was in the office needing a steward. I do my job! I deliver all my packages, call in my missorts, sheet everything correctly, make my pick ups with the 15 minute window, show up on time, no customer complaints etc. This all started because The sup did not do as he was told from his manager and he verbally attacked me. So I went to the manager and complained and then I was physically and verbally assaulted again. This is twice in two days and UPS had done nothing about it. That's the bottom line! 0 tolerance my ass!

tieguy

Banned
You see me as a hell raiser, why? Because i refuse to allow people and the contract to be violated? I admit there are times where people need to be scared crap-less, but not every time. Many of the times I'm in the office its the company attempting to intimidate the employee, and ifs uncalled for I will not allow it. There are managers that do not want me to show up in their center, because of this. But at the same time when an employee asks for me, the topic gets dropped. So who really is the one playing games?

Again as an employee it has been years since I was in the office needing a steward. I do my job! I deliver all my packages, call in my missorts, sheet everything correctly, make my pick ups with the 15 minute window, show up on time, no customer complaints etc. This all started because The sup did not do as he was told from his manager and he verbally attacked me. So I went to the manager and complained and then I was physically and verbally assaulted again. This is twice in two days and UPS had done nothing about it. That's the bottom line! 0 tolerance my ass!

I don't doubt that you do your job. Its clear you have a lot of pride in doing your best whether in the brown uniform or the stewards role.

If you have been a very vocal steward that rasies a lot of hell then its going to be difficult to go back and recapture the victim role. I think you know that.

I honestly think you take solace in the good that you have done and move on.