Sincere question

Which would honestly be the fastest route in your opinions on becoming a FT Package Driver? I've been offered the PT supervisor job, but there is also a PT package/handling position available as well. The guy who is currently the PT sup has been one for 3 years and is becoming a FT driver this summer. He said it'd roughly be the same amount for me as well so I could surpass the 6:1 ratio hire. The hub I would work out has roughly 30 PT handlers and majority of those have been there for a while and not looking for career advancements. There are also at least 4-5 drivers who have been driving for 35+ years so they surely cannot be driving for too much longer. Thanks!

PT Car Washer

It was that way for as long as I was a PT Sup. So at least since 2014
So it is a recent change. I remember my PT sups always saying they were paid twice a month. Of course they were salary then also. I remember the Twilight manager would be mad at his PT sups for one thing or another and make them clean up around the building until midnight on Friday night.

ChrisTheBrown

thanks for the advice! its just so nerve racking going all in for something like a delivery driver position that I am hoping to get within 3-5 years.. time will tell.
I started almost 3 years ago now, just before I turned 25..Turning 28 this summer..Driving here & there, put still have some time to put in (on preload) before I'm on the road for good. Sooner you start, the better. All depends on what your center's/hub's needs are. I can't say that I have any regrets..Despite all of the every day bs, I enjoy the job & I'm never given more then I can handle.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Which would honestly be the fastest route in your opinions on becoming a FT Package Driver? I've been offered the PT supervisor job, but there is also a PT package/handling position available as well. The guy who is currently the PT sup has been one for 3 years and is becoming a FT driver this summer. He said it'd roughly be the same amount for me as well so I could surpass the 6:1 ratio hire. The hub I would work out has roughly 30 PT handlers and majority of those have been there for a while and not looking for career advancements. There are also at least 4-5 drivers who have been driving for 35+ years so they surely cannot be driving for too much longer. Thanks!
Wouldn't coming into driving from PT Supervision be the same as an off the street hire in regards to the 6:1 ratio?

Man Of Brown

My understanding is the PT sup quits and then is hired off the street. So you would not be bypassing the 1:6. We have a PT sup who has been promised the off the street spot a couple times now. He's still a sup. But if you're an hourly, you are guaranteed a chance to qualify.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My understanding is the PT sup quits and then is hired off the street. So you would not be bypassing the 1:6. We have a PT sup who has been promised the off the street spot a couple times now. He's still a sup. But if you're an hourly, you are guaranteed a chance to qualify.
I don't believe you actually have to quit, you're just reclassified. When I did my qualifying I was technically a seasonal employee, not management.

jbg77

This job is like any other. There are days that suck and days that don't. The pay is great when you become a driver. The insurance is as good as you will get. The downside is you gotta bide your time for a driving gig.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't believe you actually have to quit, you're just reclassified. When I did my qualifying I was technically a seasonal employee, not management.
I had to quit, as pt sup And was rehired in another center. After 6 yrs of pt sup i was making 1875. Pm based on 25 hrs,a week. So 400 clear is what i got in 1992. Seems typical, they still make the same, plus now having to pay for insurance. I guess they get overtime now.