Sincere question

blkmamba

I get to work at 7 am... I do not leave until 9-11 pm some nights. I am constantly teaching, moving, coaching, driving a bus, dropping kids off, etc. I BARELY clear 2 grand a month... working 11-4 hours do consistently. Do the math!!!!
Dude your in the wrong state. I teach and coach Basketball on CA, and I make double that and I am very early in my teaching career and love it. Honestly UPS sounds good on the outside but take it from somebody that has done both, don't quite your day job. At UPS the pay/benefits are great (eventually) but everything else suck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Dude your in the wrong state. I teach and coach Basketball on CA, and I make double that and I am very early in my teaching career and love it. Honestly UPS sounds good on the outside but take it from somebody that has done both, don't quite your day job. At UPS the pay/benefits are great (eventually) but everything else suck.
Yeah location most def matters. My mom taught in Illinois and in her last 4-5 years made more than my buddy who is a principal in Missouri.

Similar schools too. Both had high school enrollments under 200.

PT Car Washer

once u start driving u will do a 30 day qualifying period...if u don't qualify ur screwed unless u can get ur teaching job back....if u do qualify u will then have to call in every morning to see if your working that day....after I qualified I didn't work for months at a time...can work in the hub but for 9.50 n hour how r u gonna pay for 2 kids......keep your teaching job.....most ppl I know who tried to drive after having house, kids etc quit because they werent making money....
A lot of driver don't qualify the first time out. Wait a year and try again. In the mean time drive Saturday Air and or exception Air.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Here's how to decide if you're cut out for ups hub work:

Put on jeans, a sweatshirt and work boots. Wait til it's about 90+ degrees outside, then go into your attic and do lunges and squats for 3-5 hours. Make decision.

Here's how to decide if you're cut out to be a driver:

Dress in shorts and shirt. Drive to anywhere and park in the sun with windows rolled up. Wait til inside car temp reaches 130+ degrees. Crawl from front seat and claw your way into the trunk by any means necessary. Kick open trunk and sprint 40 yards. Return to car, drive 1/4 mile, repeat 200x's. Make decision.

Now here's the kicker. If all of this sucks, but you're a pretentious, condescending shell of a human, AND you're easily mind washed and manipulated, AND believe you can insist others do these things which you're too much of a sissy to do, then forget the union work, you're ready to go straight to supervision! Congrats.

ha, there's a lot of truth to this.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ya, maybe right on fitness . i was grading that if he was a part timer starting off in the hub. package driving will wear out the body but if you use proper methods and pace you can survive.

fitness for feeder is about a 3 . you will have to do physical conditioning outside of work. stress is lower also for a feeder but this guy won't be in feeder.

the retirement is a 11.
How would you know? You were never in package as a driver and your claims of being a feeder driver and "retired" 25 years have been proven false by many on here through your own statements.

Stop trying to pretend your something you are not. It's a disgrace to those that actually accomplished those things.

You did not and its been proven.

Your lies are pathetic.

How would you know? You were never in package as a driver and your claims of being a feeder driver and "retired" 25 years have been proven false by many on here through your own statements.

Stop trying to pretend your something you are not. It's a disgrace to those that actually accomplished those things.

You did not and its been proven.

Your lies are pathetic.
And funny

trickpony1

I'm acquainted with what "sic" means.

It's just that Dave is so "anal" (a Freudian term) that any little mistake, however intended, shines like a neon sign.

I'm "keeping up" so well that sometimes I have to stand real still and let time catch up with me.