Stops per car *&*&*&*@*@$*@&*@#*@

Buck Fifty

Stops per car is the flavor one week, planned day the flavor the next, over allowed the next. Its a bunch of hoopla the company uses to piss you off. The more mad you stay, the more production they get out of ya. I cant tell ya how many times I've seen a driver mad in the morning about how many stops are on him, or because the asked him about his over allowed,and sure enough the boy will be 1/2 hr under allowed. Dont get caught up in all the different flavors and stick to vanilla. When that makes since, you'll have them whooped.

S

splozi

Ok, so it's basically just another part of their numbers game. Doesn't seem like anything unusual based on the goings on some of you frequently describe.

I guess if you're unhappy about the long hours, you file until they give you your 9-hour days. Otherwise, you're probably happy about the money and don't care.

CAFAL

My philosophy is if they put it on my car,i'll deliver it. I don't pay attention to stops per car or mins or max. Volume dictates those if you want to believe it or not. If it's light,it comes down from IT the stops per car. The ba in my local doesn't matter push the 9.5 grievances either so it's work as directed. Safety,service and scratch

DS

Fenderbender
What makes me laugh is when they overdispatch you and send a message saying "We need everyone under 9.5 today",if you are going to go over,call your sup...why?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a retirement party last night for an on-car and a 22.3. The PDS and I have a mutual interest (our daughters both play hockey) so we talked about that but, as with most of these parties, we also talked shop. I asked him point blank how he felt about stops per car and he told me he hated it as it takes away his ability to dispatch the center in the most cost productive manner possible. I also asked him if he dispatched based on the driver and he said that as a rule he doesn't but that it does happen on occasion.

HULKAMANIA

Oh it happens here all the time, but just like you they wont admit it. However our sups will admit that the stops per car is stupid to. I just dont get it, I mean I read earlier in this thread where a guy said someone got heat exhaustion and wrecked. That was my whole intent on this thread, UPS does a good job of preaching safety but they dont practice it. What is it going to take for them to actually listen to the drivers?!?!?! Someone to die? OH wait thats already happened and nothing really changed. Anytime a driver has something to say, all they ever really do is say OH you are paid well, so I guess that means you should go out and kill yourself cause you are paid well???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stops per car is the flavor one week, planned day the flavor the next, over allowed the next. Its a bunch of hoopla the company uses to piss you off. The more mad you stay, the more production they get out of ya. I cant tell ya how many times I've seen a driver mad in the morning about how many stops are on him, or because the asked him about his over allowed,and sure enough the boy will be 1/2 hr under allowed. Dont get caught up in all the different flavors and stick to vanilla. When that makes since, you'll have them whooped.
man I'm really not knocking on u but for once I'm not the worst speller around lol

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Oh the joys of the contract being purposefully vague. The contract says a fair days work for a fair days wage. No numbers. No protection. Endless arguments about what is fair. When I first started it was about 100 stops 20 pick ups. 8.75-9.5 day. Now as if by magic, it's 130 stops 20 pickups...9.5 day.

reaper301

at my hub small hub large coverage area, we seem to always be shorthanded anymore, not enough loaders(were at a4/5 truck a person) and 2 ppl doing 3 trucks and if someone is on vaca they either call in a driver a super covers or we get screwd and the spc is getting insane at our hub also. at least 5 outta 16 route are in the red. on another note this staggered start time bs is just that bs. one day well start at 415 and have 315% and the next 430 with 390%<---WTF are the logistics there?:whiteflag:

SameRightsForAll

Quit feeling guilty. You haven't done anything wrong.

Drink lots of water this summer. Drink more water this summer than you ever have. Always kick back your water bottle and gulp the whole thing while somebody in management is watching you. That makes it more fun. As soon as you kick the water back, pull out a new water bottle and slam it on the surface where you keep your water bottle. Make it obvious that nothing is going to keep you from drinking your water. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

at my hub small hub large coverage area, we seem to always be shorthanded anymore, not enough loaders(were at a4/5 truck a person) and 2 ppl doing 3 trucks and if someone is on vaca they either call in a driver a super covers or we get screwd and the spc is getting insane at our hub also. at least 5 outta 16 route are in the red. on another note this staggered start time bs is just that bs. one day well start at 415 and have 315% and the next 430 with 390%<---WTF are the logistics there?:whiteflag:

The different start times are not staggered start times. Staggered start times would be when one part of the sort starts earlier than the other.

In my center the preload and metro sups post the start times for the week by Friday of the previous week. The start times change daily based upon projected volume. They are only required to give 3 days notice when the start time changes by 1 hour or more.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So far this year, we have had 3 drivers pass out from exhaustion in our center. TWO required 911, an ambulance and fire rescue.

In each case, the driver phones in to center, the center tells them to sit for 5 minutes, then continue. The driver says that he does not believe he can continue and is dizzy, the center responds with "keep moving and drink water, well send you help in the pm".... a short time later, a customer is calling 911 for a downed driver.

Yeah, tell me UPS cares.

The next morning, in our PCM, the :censored2:bag center manager tells us how "the driver failed to eat a proper dinner, then breakfast" before he came to work.

Seriously?

How about its freakin 105 degrees out here, and in the truck its 118 degrees and the driver is blown out from bulkhead door to rear door with a 12 hour day ahead of him?

The company is so set on packing as much on the trucks as possible, and for the most part, we take as long as its going to take and stay comfortable.

You want to put 12 hours worth of work on my truck in 100 degree weather? OK, not a problem. Ill drink my 4 bottles of water each hour and cruise to 100K again.

Peace

TOS