Strike authorization vote for 705

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You mean like a remedial contract proposal or some cliffs notes for your convenience? Sorry no,it`s all in big boy language. If it`s too complex to take time to read, why isn't` it too much trouble to complain?

Then why should I back you !!!

Apparently all union stewards have law degrees so they can they interpret what the contract means to them .

I'm so sorry my highness that I asked for some clarifications on this dilemma
I will go forth and push more stones on the Hoffa Pyramids as I am not worthy and only pester you - Slave Heffernan

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Let me get this straight !!!!
You guys up in Chicago are fighting the contract that our Union Leaders agreed upon. What is wrong with you.
You're going around making it seem you're saving the world BUT YOU HAVE BIG ACCOUNTS LEAVING OUR COMPANY BECAUSE OF YOUR STRIKE THREAT.
WHO YOU BLAMING FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANAGEMENT ?????? ATLANTA ??????

Keep on fighting the good fight.
You're just gonna lose jobs in your centers because of this.

OH THATS RIGHT!!!
YOU HAVE SENIORITY, IT WONT AFFECT YOU !!!!
More volume, more new hires, more dues
YOU GOT YOUR HEAD IN THE CLOUDS BUT YOUR GONNA TRIP AND FALL ON YOUR ASS !!!!

By the way, I'm a driver not management

Then why should I back you !!!

Apparently all union stewards have law degrees so they can they interpret what the contract means to them .

I'm so sorry my highness that I asked for some clarifications on this dilemma
I will go forth and push more bricks on the Hoffa Pyramids as I am not worthy and only pester you - Slave Heffernan
Heff You started off by telling the members of 705 that we have our heads in theclouds and that we will fall on our butt.

You stated that we thought we were better than you, which we are not claiming.

You than said you were not blaming 705 and then in another post claimed you were blaming us!

We posted you a link to take the time and research which you chose not to. This is the same link that we get the companies new proposals from in order to keep up with progress of the talks.

Im not sure if your intent was to piss on 705 upsers as you have come across as or if you were truly concerned on how our talks were going. But you have slammed us repeatly with no clear reason except because we wont takes the companies proposals and go 5 years without any money.

Tie speaks of union propaganda but if you read the proposals you will see the offers as the company has given them to us, NO MONEY with 4 dates left to settle this contract. 10 Days down the toilet with little being done and now 4 to settle the hard part.

BigBrownSanta

here's a link that shows the misinformation spread by the union propaganda machine. If the union felt the comment "not interested" was relevant then they should have have listed the entire exchange that led to it in its use so that your members could understand how the comment was presented.

Not Interested

Otherwise it appears the company took the unions proposals seriously since they asked for clarification and spent all day discussing them.

This you have to read between the lines since the union poster clearly did not want to present the idea that the company was taking their proposals seriously.

Since the union poster did not offer an explanation for the comment for the comment I humbly offer my own:

union negotiator: holy moses look at the time its already 3 pm.
time to wrap things up.

company negotiator: Already?

union negotiator: Yep its been a long day. Hey listen we can continue
conversation after hours if you want. There's a nice
strip club on North kingsbury . VIP Gentlemens club. what do you say.

company negotiator: nope not interested.

You almost had me until that last line... :happy-very:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When its all said and done you know its the members that decide to strike, decide to except the contract. All the union does is give you their opinion, which the national said it was a great deal? We have had time to see the new language get addressed and the flaws in it. It should work in our advantage.

But your missing the point tie, we (ups) are in a great position now to take all that dhl residential back and a work stoppage will hurt those chances.

This is my point on post 20

You say you have took the time to see the flaws in the National contract. You say it should work to your advantage.

So basically every UPSer who is now under the new contract was dumb to vote for it. You want us all to be equal but you want to be better than us in the end.

That's my point

We all fight the same battles in the workplace
Your stance on this is flawed. You should make compromises not take advantage in a new contract.

tieguy

Banned
One of the reasons UPS committs to a confidentiality agreement is because initial offers tend to be to the extremes and both parties then meet somewhere in the middle. In the meantime these extremes can cause hysteria or fear or create unrealistic expectations.

For example - under article 3.7 supervisors working. The union initially asked for a penalty of 10 times the hourly rate if a sup works more then two hours. The latest company proposal indicates that has now been settled at twice the hourly rate. This change from ten to two will not make the hardcore goons happy who may accuse their side of caving in. I'm sure other examples can be found from the company side though I have not been able to find them yet.:happy-very:

local804

So basically every UPSer who is now under the new contract was dumb to vote for it. You want us all to be equal but you want to be better than us in the end.

Your stance on this is flawed. You should make compromises not take advantage in a new contract.

I didnt see anywhere in his post where he stated anyone was dumb for voting for it. For a younger driver, he might want more of an increase in his paycheck week to week. The older driver , getting ready to retire, would like more money in his pension. People will vote for it to the best of their advantage. We for sure do NOT face the same battles in the workplace. I have seen and I am sure Red will agree the battles differ from person to person and to the flavor of the month. We might all have simular jobs, but no way in hell do we face the same battles. How much time do you have in monkey?

705red

Browncafe Steward

You say you have took the time to see the flaws in the National contract. You say it should work to your advantage.

That's my point

Im not saying that anyone is dumb, people voted for what ever reason yes or no that was in their best interest. Let me go and dig up some of the negatives of the new contract and i will be happy to debate any and all of them. What we dont need is teamster on teamster bashing here. This is a very serious issue and theres a real possibility of picket lines being put up in under 3 weeks time. Give me some time and i will point out just some of the bad changes.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I didnt see anywhere in his post where he stated anyone was dumb for voting for it. For a younger driver, he might want more of an increase in his paycheck week to week. The older driver , getting ready to retire, would like more money in his pension. People will vote for it to the best of their advantage. We for sure do NOT face the same battles in the workplace. I have seen and I am sure Red will agree the battles differ from person to person and to the flavor of the month. We might all have simular jobs, but no way in hell do we face the same battles. How much time do you have in monkey?

14 years total....8 driving

How can you say we don't face the same battles???????
All drivers deal with the same stress from the job and management.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Im not saying that anyone is dumb, people voted for what ever reason yes or no that was in their best interest. Let me go and dig up some of the negatives of the new contract and i will be happy to debate any and all of them. What we dont need is teamster on teamster bashing here. This is a very serious issue and theres a real possibility of picket lines being put up in under 3 weeks time. Give me some time and i will point out just some of the bad changes.

705RED

I am very familiar with the disadvantages of the contract.
I read the posts on this website everyday.
I also understand that I'm kind of annoying you, and just wanted to know whats in your proposed contract that is not in the national one.
I didnt want to sit in front of the comp. and compare contracts.
I just wanted to know the points in an easier fashion.
Not all of them, mind you, the major sticking points

BigBrownSanta

As a bystander who has watched this discussion all afternoon long, I think the both of you are on different pages.

Heffernan, you do realize that local 705 did not participate in the negotiations for the contract that you and I voted against last November?

They are still working under the old contract.

They have not had an opportunity to negotiate anything until this past month.

They see the screwed up language that was passed last November, and do not want the same. I don't blame them. They are in a unique position in that they don't have the Central States pension deadline to influence their decision.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'll give it a break.

We need to stick together to keep packages in our system. I'm def. not a fan of the contract, don't get me wrong. I just think its wrong one corner of the country is not in step with the rest of us.
My analogy with the heads in the clouds and tripping was meant that you will hurt us all if you don't compromise.
I wish you luck, and hope no business is lost because of it.

WHAT HAPPENS IN CHICAGO, DOESN'T STAY IN CHICAGO

705red

Browncafe Steward
705RED

I am very familiar with the disadvantages of the contract.
I read the posts on this website everyday.
I also understand that I'm kind of annoying you, and just wanted to know whats in your proposed contract that is not in the national one.
I didnt want to sit in front of the comp. and compare contracts.
I just wanted to know the points in an easier fashion.
Not all of them, mind you, the major sticking points

Im glad we agree on the bad parts of the contract, this will/shall save me some time instead of researching to post.

Im not annoyed by any poster! I would appreciate a good debate on the issues, i understand that not evryone sees everything the same and thank god for that. I actuall tryed earlier to give you rep points because one of your posts said you want fatcs to come to a conclusion but the site wouldnt let me rep you.

We are asking for better bidding language for cover drivers as in picking your route on thursday for the next week and if you chose not to run a route that week you will/shall swing on a day by day basis.

As tie mentioned we did ask for 10xs our pay rate for sups working, this is because management always says i promise they wont work anymore, at last count i believe we had 16,000 sups working griuevances over the last 4 years a little excessive.

We asked for 1 dollar an hour per year in a wage raise on august 1st and no splits. Which is basically what we had under the last 6 year contract.

We did ask for $60 more per week in contributions into the health and welfare plan. Similar to the last contract.

We did ask that you do not have to use your vacation time if you use FMLA, the company countered on this one with if your job is still there you can have it, if nits been filed you SOL.

We are asking for ftimers to be allowed to bid any other ftime job up or down in pay, ftime seniority is ftime seniority.

It goes on and on, i misunderstood your question on clarification.

804 is right we do the same jobs but are affected by different reasons.

When you negotiate a contract theres 3 groups you have to take into account.

1st. The youger crown coonverned with going ftime and/or pay rates.

2nd. Married crown, more concerned with medical benefits than anything else.

3rd. Older crown, main concern is the retirement package.

As you can see ups has not addressed any of these main concerns with under 3 weeks left.

There is a question that i have not seen asked, why didnt ups address the contract with 705 and 710 last year? Why did they wait until june?

Go ahead tie this to must be the union goon propaganda machine at work quote again.

I just think its wrong one corner of the country is not in step with the rest of us.

Kind of like lemmings off a cliff? I have seen post from different parts of the country by UPSers who have benefits specific to their local that I would like to have. But you know what,I don`t. We have specific problems here that you don`t.There are specific things we are working on that we could tell you about but it wouldn't`t matter as you most likely don`t have the same situation in your area. I hope our situation is resolved and doesn`t affect anyone,even you. But we`re not going to take it in the keister either. Look at this from the flip side. Had the national not been passed to the extent you went on strike should our two locals tell you to accept a lesser contract so you wouldn`t leave us as the only area of the country working?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Kind of like lemmings off a cliff? I have seen post from different parts of the country by UPSers who have benefits specific to their local that I would like to have. But you know what,I don`t. We have specific problems here that you don`t.There are specific things we are working on that we could tell you about but it wouldn't`t matter as you most likely don`t have the same situation in your area. I hope our situation is resolved and doesn`t affect anyone,even you. But we`re not going to take it in the keister either. Look at this from the flip side. Had the national not been passed to the extent you went on strike should our two locals tell you to accept a lesser contract so you wouldn`t leave us as the only area of the country working?

I agree with your points as well as with 705Red

Just wanted to know where in the proposal the UPS lube bottle was coming out of their pocket :biting:

Now that 705Red took the time, I am more informed.

Plus, want you to take into account what other drivers around the country are thinking about, as we have already for the most part signed the deal.

We are asking for ftimers to be allowed to bid any other ftime job up or down in pay, ftime seniority is ftime seniority.

Its like that in 710 also believe it or not i wanted to go from feeders to package and they said it would be a cut in pay so i couldnt and the senority is not dovetailed meaning I would go to the bottom of the list. Which is the reason im a 31 year old feeder driver because package drivers can come into feeders but they go to the bottom of the board. Are they trying to change that also?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its like that in 710 also believe it or not i wanted to go from feeders to package and they said it would be a cut in pay so i couldnt and the senority is not dovetailed meaning I would go to the bottom of the list. Which is the reason im a 31 year old feeder driver because package drivers can come into feeders but they go to the bottom of the board. Are they trying to change that also?
There is a proposal for a master ftime seniority list.

There is a proposal for a master ftime seniority list.
If there was a full time seniority list, would a full time person be able to bid on a full time job before part time person that had more seniority, meaning are full time jobs bid to full time seniority people first reguardless of the company seniority?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If there was a full time seniority list, would a full time person be able to bid on a full time job before part time person that had more seniority, meaning are full time jobs bid to full time seniority people first reguardless of the company seniority?
I understand what your point is. You are right that ftimers would be able to bid by ftime seniority. It only takes 3 to 6 months of ptime before you make it to package now. This is how it currently works already the only difference is now you would be able to bid down with ftime seniority.

brownman15

Let me get this straight !!!!
You guys up in Chicago are fighting the contract that our Union Leaders agreed upon. What is wrong with you.
You're going around making it seem you're saving the world BUT YOU HAVE BIG ACCOUNTS LEAVING OUR COMPANY BECAUSE OF YOUR STRIKE THREAT.
WHO YOU BLAMING FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANAGEMENT ?????? ATLANTA ??????

Keep on fighting the good fight.
You're just gonna lose jobs in your centers because of this.

OH THATS RIGHT!!!
YOU HAVE SENIORITY, IT WONT AFFECT YOU !!!!
More volume, more new hires, more dues
YOU GOT YOUR HEAD IN THE CLOUDS BUT YOUR GONNA TRIP AND FALL ON YOUR ASS !!!!

By the way, I'm a driver not management

we are not part of nation contract we have our own contract this has been stated thru-out this post our contract expires in 18 days and we will not lose our jobs